Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cassie's Journal - June 15, 2014



Happy Father’s Day to all of my favorite Dads!

We started out the day with a crazy-fun kind of morning, starting with Tai Chi, a quick round of Father’s Day fun with my Dad; and then breakfast and more entertainment with Michael’s father and family.  I also helped with getting Naomi and Aiden home in time to do Father’s Day breakfasts with their parents before catching up with Michael; so it was pretty much non-stop action for me between Tai Chi and going to church.

With Father’s Day being big for buffets at the Inn, Jacob didn’t get the day off any more than Dad did with getting ready for his week in the city; but he didn’t have to do any work at home – Jake and Stephanie cooked breakfast; and Michael, Rebecca, and I did the clean-up.  The food was still great, and we had a blast – even with the work part of the morning.  Jacob’s gifts weren’t new lawn mower and attachments awesome, but he did get some new toys for the kitchen – always a winning choice when choosing gifts for a chef.

Since Pastor John is a young father, he had the day off from ministering to his congregation, and Pastor Martha continued her tradition of giving all of the fathers in our community a short sermon and service for the day.  That pretty much just gave Michael and his family more time to get ready for the lunch rush at the Inn, but I went home with my family after church to help Mom, Grandma, and my aunts with the Father’s Day lunch.  That couple of hours of food and fun was great too, but then Dad needed to get to work; and I went over to the Inn to start helping out there for the three dinner buffets they were doing to keep up with the extra demand.

Michael, Rebecca, and I took a couple of short breaks along the way, but it was a bit of a nuthouse at the Inn today; so we put in the extra time needed to help keep up with the work – just as pretty much everyone else did.  For Michael and me, one of those breaks was when we sat down with my family to eat when they were there for the last buffet, and while we had fun with Ethan, Ehlana, and a few other kids; we still kept it short and got back to work after just one trip to the buffet table – and waiting until the work was nearly finished before having a dessert snack break.

One change in plans that was decided by dinnertime was that Mom and Dad won the Father’s Day kid-free night sweepstakes; so Ethan and Ehlana went home with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack after dinner; and I’m currently on loan to Michael and his family.  I’m sure that you can guess that Michael and I did not have a problem with that – three camping or sleepover nights out of three to start our summer holidays!  That streak is sure to end very soon; but it has been fun.

Not that we’ve had too much fun tonight – or at least not of the Michael and me alone time variety.  Rebecca, Michael, and I were set free maybe a half-hour before the post-buffet work was going to be finished, but that was still at nine-thirty, and by the time that Michael and I got to his house after stopping in at mine to grab an overnight bag for me and say goodnight to my parents – and goodbye to Dad ahead of his trip to the city in the morning; Jacob, Miranda, Jake, and Stephanie were home too.  None of us had all that much energy left, but five of us decided to go for a cool off swim before bed while Jacob and Miranda watched us from the back porch and wound down with glasses of wine and a little quiet time.

Jake and Stephanie didn’t have a problem with going straight up to bed after that – they’re in the same room; but Michael and I needed to have a little cuddle time in the living room first before coming up to our rooms.  We still only stayed there until a bit after eleven; so I’m actually going to get this update written and be sleeping before midnight.  I have that feeling again that my report doesn’t come close to covering all of the fun, but then it’s also been another one of those days where the fun and entertainment wasn’t anything extraordinary – all of the little fun moments have just added up to an amazing, happy day.

I hope it’s been that kind of great for all of the people I love the most – and for everyone else too!

Before I wrap this up, let’s take a quick look at what’s coming up for the first week of summer holidays.  Topping the list here at home will be the annual start of summer shopping trip on Friday, and Ethan and Ehlana’s third birthday on Sunday.  Away from home, it’ll be the McEwan family wedding on Saturday for Tory and Kyle.  We’re not going to it, but the Johnson-Carrington clan will be there all weekend; and Christina and Josiah will be there for her sister’s big day too.  Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack won’t be heading out until Friday morning, along with his parents; but Christina’s in Tory’s bridal party; and she and Josiah will be going there on Tuesday or Wednesday to help out with the work leading up to Tory and Kyle’s big day.

For the rest of the week here at home again, Michael and his family have the next two days off, so some play time is an option; though I’ll still want to help Mom and Alicia with Ethan and Ehlana this week too while Dad’s away.  Violet’s nineteenth birthday is this week too – on Wednesday; but I’ll guess that whatever Dillon has planned for her; it won’t involve Ethan, Ehlana, or me too much – other than maybe some birthday fun at breakfast or something.  Lots of play time with my friends will be a top priority too, but we’ll also need to juggle the fun with our part-time jobs too.  Add in the usual baseball practices, and the teen praise team practice that Michael and I will have on Tuesday night; and we’re going to have a very busy week!

That all sounds like an awesome way to keep the start of summer fun going to me!  I think I’ll go get some sleep now so I’ll be ready for all of that excitement and adventure.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!