Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cassie's Journal - June 29, 2014



This has been the hottest day of the year so far; and everyone working at the Inn got to have a reminder of just how hot that can be in the summer – even with air conditioning.  I know this because I was there and hanging out with Rebecca, Jenny, Michael, and everyone else during the buffet shift.

Before I get to that, though; let’s cover the rest of the news for the day.

Tai Chi for four this morning was awesome; and then Mom and Dad got a surprise invitation to go with me to the Stone’s house for their Sunday morning family breakfast.  That was an extra-special hour or so of family fun, and though Ethan and Ehlana had fun with Aiden, Naomi, and her family too; I still felt a little sad that they missed out on the great food and play time with Mom, Dad, and me.

We made up for that after church with a family barbeque lunch at our house, and while Dad had some work to get done; he waited to do that until after I went to help out at the Inn, and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and me.  By the way, did I mention it was fairly hot today?  Our afternoon play time included a lot of floating around and playing in the river with just a bit of park playground time and an ice cream cone run to the Emporium that was timed so that Michael could join us for that.  Rowen and Tim were doing their own family things today – and together – so we didn’t see them much except at church and for a couple of minutes while they were at the Inn for dinner with his family.

The hours of work at the Inn were pretty much all of the crazy-busy variety.  It wasn’t an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ day; but since nearly every campground in the area was full for the Fourth of July holiday week; the dining room was packed; and there wasn’t really an early-late buffet – just one continual one with tables being turned over as quickly as possible.  That also meant just keeping the food coming continually, and while buffets were a bit easier in that the menu is a specific number of dishes each week; it’s still a daunting amount of work to feed what ended up being more than five hundred customers.  There are probably lots of big city restaurants where five hundred would be a quiet night – not including fast food joints that live on volume; but that is a lot of customers for the Inn.

There was a need for extra heat-relief breaks today too, so while I’m not actually employed there or on the schedule; Miranda and Jacob were glad to have the extra hands to help out while making sure that nobody got over-heated or over-worked in the kitchen.  That was a bit easier for the servers who were able to stay cooler in the dining room; but it was a tough shift for everyone.  It didn’t even help to go outside on breaks – it was too hot to cool down.  Jumping in the river would have been nice; but not very comfortable when it came time to go back to work again in wet clothes.

Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana were having a quiet evening at home, and I was occasionally tempted to call it a night early once the last of the food had gone out to the dining room; but couldn’t bring myself to leaving everyone else there to finish the job and just walking away – even though nobody would have minded.  I have been running all day on just a couple of hours of sleep, though, so once we were finished at the Inn; the only thing I was interested in doing with Michael – or anyone else – was hopping in the river for a cool-down swim before going home to bed.

Michael and I did that at my house, and while we certainly weren’t alone in the river; we weren’t bothered by the gang over at his house either.  We swam for a half-hour; spent a little cuddle time on the dock before deciding that I was too tired and it was too hot out to do that; and then Michael went home for the night and I came up to my room.  There was a stop in the office on the way through, and Ethan and Ehlana were still up; but I only stayed for a round of hugs and kisses before continuing on up here.

Another bedtime shower was in order, though not mandated by my cat this time; so that took another fifteen minutes – including drying my hair.  I know, that’s impossible; but it isn’t when you’re a Magi Master and cheat with a little time-phasing.  I’ve only been in bed for about two ‘real-time’ minutes now, but continued the time-phase so that I could get my nightly computer checks and this update done.

I’m there now, and really need to crash and get a decent night of sleep, so that’s all for now; and, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!