Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 7, 2013



Michael Stone is my boyfriend!

Oh yeah, you already knew that from yesterday, but it was a news story around town today; and there were two people who were not happy to get that grapevine bulletin.

Of course, while Michael and I are a couple now, we didn’t get to spend much time together today except at church; during his afternoon lunch break; and when we went for a swim after he was finished work for the night.  He was busy the rest of the time at the Inn, and I had another crazy-busy morning; helped with the massive lunch we put on at our house; and then spent the rest of the day playing with Rowen and my cousins while most of the parents and grandparents were away driving wedding guests and Mark’s family to the airport.

I’m getting ahead of the story, though, so let’s back up to this morning – starting with waking up at a bit after six o’clock.  Mandy and my cousins were all still sleeping then; so I grabbed a quick shower, dried my hair, and threw on some shorts and a top before going down to the kitchen and getting to work.  Mom and Dad weren’t there yet, but I knew what the main breakfast menu plan was; so I started mixing up pancake batter after starting the first pot of coffee brewing.  I had four batches ready by the time Dad joined me; and he started working on cooking sausage and making the pancakes while I moved on to scrambling a couple dozen eggs.  Mom, Aunt Melissa, and Uncle Rick joined the work crew next, and I was re-tasked to set both the dining room table and the patio table on the back porch; where most of the kids and teens were going to have breakfast in groups.

We’d gotten a dash of rain between the time I went to sleep and woke up, and it was cloudy; but the grass had already pretty much dried by the time Mom and Dad were ready to feed the first wave of guests at seven.  I ate on the fly and kept helping Mom and Dad except for a ten-minute break while I ran up to my room to get dressed up for church.  The clean-up didn’t completely get done before we needed to leave for church, but I worked at that too until the last group had finished eating; and Mom and Dad were ready to leave.  Ethan and Ehlana had gone on ahead with the group that Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa led, so we only had the stragglers with us – and Michael; because he waited for me on the front porch steps of his house.

That earned him a good morning hug and kiss, and just to make sure that nobody missed hearing about my change in status; I introduced my new boyfriend to everyone in our group who hadn’t met him yet.  Mom and Dad both thought that was very entertaining; and Michael seemed to enjoy being referred to as my boyfriend a lot too.  I can probably stop mentioning this soon, but we held hands while walking the rest of the way to church, and sat together for the teen-led holiday weekend service.

I hadn’t really thought about that while writing my update last night, but there was not going to be a heat-relief service because the teens and kids put a lot of effort into these special events; and they wouldn’t cut out any of the songs or skits.  The good news is that it was a fast-paced, entertaining hour and five minutes; so nobody really minded the heat at all.

Michael needed to get to the Inn right away, so I walked there with him; shared a hug and kiss; and then went home.  I was changed and working on the rest of the kitchen clean-up before anyone else got there, and soon had more help as the crew that was working on the post-wedding lunch barbeque either got changed before helping in the kitchen; or joined us after stopping in at their own homes first.  While Dad and Grandpa fired up the grills, Uncle Rick led a gang of draftees and volunteers to set up tables and chairs.  We’d considered using the pavilion again for lunch, but Mom and Grandma had decided that Aunt Leanne had done enough over the last four days and she didn’t need to worry about another big meal too.

We also had some time constraints because so many of our visitors needed to get to the airport for late afternoon or early evening flights; with the first groups needing to leave by one o’clock.  Since I wasn’t a driver, and could help with the younger kids while we were short of parental support this afternoon; I was on the kitchen work crew until nearly two o’clock.  After that, Dawn and I helped Kara and Eddie with their move over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.  They were staying there until next Sunday with Chrissy, Jonathan, and Nicole while the rest of Uncle Adam’s aunts, uncles, and cousins were heading home this afternoon.  We eventually moved Jaimie and Kaitlyn into the two guest bedrooms on the third floor, but we didn’t do that until after dinner – and after Chris and Martin both opted for second-floor bedrooms when they were finally able to get their own rooms for the rest of their visit.

Kara and Eddie were moved and we’d added Rowen to our gang by the time Michael was on his afternoon break, so pretty much all of the kids and teens went swimming then while the parents who still needed to pack and get ready to go home did that.  Grandma, Grandma Mercy, Grandma Carrie, Aunt Leanne, and Aunt Deborah were in charge of all of the cousins who were staying for one or two weeks while most of the guys, Mom, and Violet were all driving people to the airport.

There was time after our swim to play in the back yard, and then Michael needed to get back to the Inn while I helped my uncles and aunts load up three vehicles and started an hour-long round of goodbyes that began at our house and ended at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s.  Jayden was the only kid going home from our house today, and he was a bit cranky about leaving without Jaimie and Kaitlyn; but that was mostly because Aunt Alison had kept him awake so he’d sleep for at least some of the drive to Granite Park.

Scott and Melanie seemed to be looking forward to their first kid-free week since Kara had been born while Melanie also had a few tears when saying goodbye to her babies too.  Kevin and Elaine hadn’t been sure about leaving Nicole for her first holiday in Witch Falls, but their precocious three-year old (going on four) daughter had not wanted to miss out after learning that Eddie was staying.  She did not think that the ten-month age difference between them was a big deal; and wanted to do everything he did.  Elaine had some tears when she said goodbye to Nicole, but I’m sure that Robyn will be able to keep her busy while her big sister is here with us.  Chrissy and Jonathan didn’t have that problem with their parents or sisters when they got on the road for home; though their father did ask Chrissy to ‘watch out for those Witch Falls boys – especially that Josiah Palmer’.

He’s still blissfully happy with the Witch Falls girl he married; so I don’t see why he’d have a problem with a guy as great as Josiah.  He and Dillon aren’t as hot as Jake, but they’re definitely next best in class; and they’re at the top of their class with Stephanie – just like Michael and Rowen are with me in our year.

Let’s keep the story moving along.  By four-thirty or so, the last of our weekend guests and family that were going home were on the road.  The only difference from other holiday weekends was that we didn’t send them off after going to one of the buffets at the Inn – only because we’d just had as amazing a meal at the wedding instead.  Aunt Leanne was sent for a little nap then, and the three grandmothers were available if we needed them at my house; but we – the kids – were set free to play until six o’clock.

Rowen, Dawn, and I took all seven of the younger kids to the park first, and played there for just less than an hour before going home again so we could cool off in the river before dinner.  Aunt Leanne had come over by six o’clock too, and there were more than enough leftovers to feed everyone – even Chris, Martin, and Jonathan.  The three boys had been hanging out with other teens this afternoon, and were off again on their bikes about five seconds after finishing second helpings of Olde Bakery desserts.

I’m really glad that Grandma hid the last few slices of cherry cheesecake – Dad would’ve been disappointed if the boys had scarfed them too.

There was another trip to the park after dinner, and one more swim with the younger kids, but by eight o’clock, Grandma and Grandma Mercy started doing bath times with Ethan, Ehlana, Jaimie, and Kaitlyn while Grandma Carrie helped Aunt Leanne with the bath and bedtime routine for Kara, Eddie, and Nicole.  That left Rowen, Dawn, and I free to just hang out together and relax for a while; though we stayed around the house, and helped out with bedtime stories and getting the four younger kids tucked in for the night.

Before I get to the swim time with Michael – which was the highlight of my evening; I should mention that Josiah came by our house shortly before the kid bath times were starting; and invited Chrissy to go for a walk with him while Violet was away and Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie were all busy at the Inn.  I seriously doubt that her father’s warning about Witch Falls boys even crossed Chrissy’s mind when she accepted the invitation.

Then there was Martin and Vanessa.  They were only in the back yard long enough to grab a pair of drinks and life jackets; and then they grabbed a canoe and started paddling toward the falls.  I’m going to stop commenting on the vibes I’m getting from Vanessa, but I’m sure that their choice of direction had everything to do with the chance that Michael would see them out on the river each time they passed the Inn.  I found out later that he actually did see them, but I imagine that Vanessa was more surprised later when Martin was walking her home and they passed Michael on his way here after he was finished work.

Rowen was suddenly exhausted when Michael joined us, and while her excuse for going home was transparent; I’ll concede that Dawn’s simultaneous desire for some quality time in my Jacuzzi was at least plausible after four days of fighting for bathroom time with me, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Kara.  Since we hadn’t had any alone time all day, though, Michael and I pretty much just thanked them; and happily accepted their gift.

Getting to that alone time was delayed a bit when Mom, Dad, Violet, and all three grandfathers got home from their airport run.  We ended up getting a condensed version of the travel recap before all six grandparents went back to Grandma and Grandpa’s; Violet went to meet up with Dillon; Mom decided that Dawn’s plan for some Jacuzzi time was for her too; and Dad went to get some work done in the office.

Michael and I were both tired by then, but playing in the river was relaxing, and then we sat on the dock and talked for nearly an hour before deciding it was time for us to go and get some sleep.  Okay, we shared a few kisses too, and that is something that we both like a lot; but it was being together and winding down from another busy day that I loved the most.

Well, maybe second-most after goodnight kisses.  ;^)

After Michael went home, I stopped in to talk with Dad for a few minutes before coming up to my room.  Dawn and Mandy were already sleeping by then; so I got ready for bed in the bathroom, and then sat in the window alcove again to do my nightly computing.  Most of the email I dealt with tonight was confirming that all of my favorite travelers got home safely.  I’m sure that Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace have better things to do while on their honeymoon, but they did send me a message earlier this afternoon to let me know they’d made it safely to the resort where they’d be spending the first part of their holiday.  Their ‘undisclosed location’ wasn’t a secret for a Magi Master who was trained by a computer expert; but that is one secret I can keep until it doesn’t matter anymore.

There was a bit of family business work to deal with tonight too, and I got to watch Jake, Stephanie, Dillon, Violet, Josiah, and Chrissy go for a swim while I was taking care of that.  They came inside after cooling off, but since I haven’t heard Violet on the stairs or people leaving again since then; I’ll guess that they’re watching a movie or something.

They may still be able to keep going, but I’m going to need more than three or four hours of sleep tonight; and don’t have anything else to report for today, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!