Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 15, 2013



I’m writing this update from a tent again tonight.  We hadn’t planned on camping tonight, but Dawn and Jillian wanted to have a camping night without a big gang; so Rowen and I are doing that with them – and it has been fun with just the four of us out here by the river – though we haven’t been alone all night.

Before I get to that part of the story, let’s back up to this morning; when Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I started our day with seeing Dad off on his way to Crystal Springs.  The cuddle time after that was nice, and then we went outside for Tai Chi by the river.  With Dad away, Mom helped me with my lesson this morning again; working with Ethan and Ehlana while I helped Michael.  He went home for breakfast after that, and had chores to do for the morning; but other than doing a quick run-through on the third floor and getting the clothes and towels to the laundry room; Mom set Dawn, Jillian, and me free for the entire day.

When Rowen came over after breakfast, we hopped onto our bikes and took Jillian on a tour of the new section of town and the construction sites on both sides of the river.  There were still a couple of people working at each of the three houses that will be getting moved into next week; but that’s mostly just a little finishing work and final cleaning.  Over at the lab building site, you can actually see a lot of the workers moving around now that they’re nearly up to ground-level; and the construction is going to be a lot more interesting to watch soon.

After finishing our little tour, we biked the park trails for a while; stopped in at the Emporium for ice cream; and then did a little window shopping before going home again for a swim.  We took Ethan and Ehlana with us for that; and then played with them until lunchtime.  Chris, Martin, and Jonathan had a few friends with them for lunch, but Violet and Chrissy were having lunch with Dillon, Josiah, and some other friends; so that didn’t make for too much extra work.  We helped Mom and Alicia before and after we ate, but we also sat on the dock and had a little picnic away from the teen weirdness that Dawn and Jillian didn’t really want to be around.  That had the added bonus of putting some distance between Vanessa and me; and helped to cut down on the number of games being played today.

That doesn’t mean that there was no tween or teen drama – the drama seems to be unavoidable these days.

Michael came over while Rowen and I were helping with the clean-up and Dawn and Jillian were playing with Ethan and Ehlana.  Chris, Martin, Jonathan, and their friends had already left to go riding at the park by then; so he pitched in to help us get the work done so we could go and play too.  The jokes and tween games started pretty much as soon as we biked over to the park; and Michael was on the receiving end of some razzing from the guys – led by Tim – because he was hanging out with four girls.  I know that Tim was just trying to be funny, but two of the people egging him on weren’t doing that innocently; and that kind of thing can go viral and get way out of control – like it did this afternoon.

By the time we left the park to go home and cool off in the river, Tim knew that Michael was truly mad at him; Vanessa and Nora were very pleased with themselves; and I still need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Rowen and Michael don’t agree with that last part, and maybe those guys did need to hear what I told them; but I really wish someone else had done that instead.

I stayed close to home after that.  We played in the water for quite a while, and then set up our tent after making the decision to have another camping night – while having a break on the back porch and watching a brief thunderstorm roll through and drop a little rain on Witch Falls.  My lamented verbosity at the park probably had something to do with why we not only didn’t have company for dinner; but Chris, Martin, and Jonathan were eating elsewhere too.  That left Michael and Ethan the only guys at home for dinner; and we ate early enough so that Michael could get to his baseball practice.  Ethan and Ehlana wanted to go to the park after dinner, so Dawn and Jillian took them there while Rowen stayed at home with me – all of us knowing exactly why I wasn’t interested in going back to the park again today.

Rowen’s told me that she was proud of her best friend this afternoon, but I’d say that the best friend of the day award has to go to Tim.  I have to be careful with my hugs these days for any boys around our age, but Tim earned one tonight when he and Michael came back from the park with Dawn, Jillian, and the twins.  He’d patched things up with Michael already, and had come with Michael to clear the air with me too – even though doing that put him in the doghouse with Nora.  He stayed long enough to go for a swim with the rest of us; but then he needed to go on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for the gaming action there that Nora and Vanessa were already there for with the rest of the gang that was hanging out with my cousins tonight.

Michael didn’t want to go and do that any more than I did, so he stayed and played with us for a couple of hours.  Ethan and Ehlana got him to tell them their bedtime story, and after they were tucked in; Michael and I went for a little walk by ourselves before doing our goodnight hug and kiss by the river at his house.  Rowen, Dawn, and Jillian were all in the tent by the time I got home, but I went inside to have a little chat with Mom before joining them there.  We don’t seem to be able to find the time to do that much lately, and didn’t get to talk together for very long tonight either.  That’s just one more thing that we should do more often but won’t work into our schedules very well; and that’s one of those things that really seems strange sometimes compared to our lives before Witch Falls when we spent most of our time together with nobody else around.

Our chat tonight included some discussion of my latest tween issues, and though I still feel like I’m doing a lousy job of dealing with some of my peers; Mom mostly agreed with Michael and Rowen – and suggested that there isn’t anything wrong with dealing with kids my age on their level instead of looking at everything I do through my own perspective and social and mental filters.  She’s probably right about that, but then I have to wonder if she’d still feel that way if I applied that theory to other tween applications – or if Ethan and Ehlana really started acting their age all of the time.

Probably not.  :^)

Moving along, after saying goodnight to Mom and going out to the tent; Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, and I listened to music; had a nice long girl chat; and went for a swim before Dawn and Jillian were both ready to crash for the night.  Rowen’s still awake as I write this, and we’ve been talking about everything from Michael and ‘Tommy’ to our plans for the rest of the week while I’ve been working on my computer.  I took care of some family business work once it was safe to do that; and Rowen’s mostly been surfing the web on her computer.  Since we’ll be paddling to the whirlpool and back tomorrow, we should put our computers away and get to sleep.  Judging by the noise level we can still hear at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house; they may be wishing that the video game party will end soon so they can have some peace and quiet too.  I should probably suggest to Chris and Martin that they move the gaming to our house for a day or two to give Aunt Leanne a break; but having to clean up after my lounge gets trashed wouldn’t be fun.  Maybe Mom could invite Aunt Leanne and Chrissy over for a girls’ night sleepover instead!

I don’t have anything else to report for today, and though it may be a while longer before Rowen and I do get to sleep; I’m going to wrap this up and put my computer away.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!