Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 14, 2013



Welcome back to Witch Falls, Jillian!

That was the surprise news of the day when Violet and Dawn brought Jillian back with them from Crystal Springs; though it obviously wasn’t a surprise for Mom and Dad.

Having Jillian here also means that it’s just Mandy and me in my room tonight; but I’ll get to that part of the report later.

First up, there was another toddler, middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom between the time Rowen and I finally got to sleep and morning.  There was a semi-conscious, bonus goodnight kiss with Michael too, but by then, we both just wanted to get back to sleep.  Ethan and Ehlana provided the Tai Chi wake-up calls for us; we met Mom and Dad by the river benches; and they did the short form lesson with us instead of doing their own thing today – mostly so they could have a little bonus play time with Ethan and Ehlana.

Since this was the last holiday breakfast for Jaimie, Kaitlyn, Kara, Eddie, and Nicole; Dad cooked up their favorites while Violet, Rowen, Dawn, and I helped with everything from the work in the kitchen to getting cousins packed; Violet’s car loaded; and making sure that everyone got cleaned up and ready for church.  Michael had gone home after breakfast, and by the time we met up with him again on our way to church; – and his family – I was just about ready for a nap.

It was a comparatively cool morning, so there was no need for a short, heat-relief service today; and Pastor Martha may have taken advantage of that opportunity to add a little extra to her message today.  I didn’t mind having the extra time with Michael, but not all of our friends were as excited about the extended Sunday school classes.  That did mean that Michael couldn’t hang around after the service, and I couldn’t walk with him to the Inn because I was busy helping out with my cousins; getting them ready to travel; and then doing the goodbye hugs and kisses when they left from our house and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s.

Once our five youngest guests were gone, Rowen and I got changed; and then she helped me with cleaning up our campsite while Mom and Dad were making lunch for eight.  That was a light and quick meal, and then Chris and Martin met up with Jonathan and headed out on their bikes; Rowen went to work at the Inn; Dad hid in the office; and Mom and I juggled entertaining Ethan and Ehlana with cleaning Jaimie’s and Kaitlyn’s rooms and doing laundry.  Mom set me free when Michael stopped by to see me while on his break; and we took Ethan and Ehlana for a swim and some back yard play time until he needed to get back to the Inn again for the dinner buffet rush.  Since I didn’t have any cousins to entertain or best friends to play with; Mom let me go along to help out too.

It had been a long time since I’d actually worked in the kitchen with Rebecca and Michael; though I try to pop in for short visits at least a couple of times a week – even if it’s just long enough for some hugs and a cameo chat.  I expected to get teased because of that, even though I pretended to be there to hang out with Rebecca at first – just in case she was missing Jenny while her best friend was spending most of her time with Joel right now.  The happy hugs from Miranda were more than worth being teased by Jake, Stephanie, and some of the other teens, and though I’ll still be busy with my cousins for another week; I’m going to need to find time to hang out at the Inn more often too.

Too bad the Magi Council won’t let me openly use time-phases because I could use more than twenty-four hours in a day!

The rush at the Inn wasn’t as bad as on holiday weekends when Jacob and Miranda are running extra buffet sittings; but feeding four hundred people, and the ongoing clean-up that goes with that really can get a bit wild.  I really did work with Rebecca a lot because she does more prep line work and he’s usually on the cleaning crew with Dillon and the other guys.  Jake now cooks alongside Jacob; though he was also in charge of the cleaning crew once the cooking was done for the night.

I missed dinner at home, and Violet, Dawn, and Jillian were already home by the time Michael, Rebecca, and I were set free from the Inn – supposedly because I did enough extra work that they didn’t need to stay with everyone else.  We were all ready to go for a swim by then, and Dawn and Jillian were happy to go in with us.  Ethan and Ehlana didn’t get Mom approval for swimming too because they’d already been dunked in the bath tub by then.

We swam for more than a half hour, and then Michael and I were left on our own by the river while Rebecca went home and Dawn and Jillian went inside with plans to take turns borrowing my Jacuzzi.  Once we were on our own, we stretched out on the dock; watched the stars; and had a nice wind-down chat before deciding that we both wanted to have a comparatively early bedtime after three late camping nights in four days.

I was inside and changed into dry clothes in time to do the bedtime story with Ethan and Ehlana, and after tucking them in; I hugged Mom and Dad goodnight and went up to my room to wait for a turn in my Jacuzzi.  I had a chance to chat with Jillian then because she’d had her bath first; and Dawn had only been in the tub for ten or fifteen minutes.  Her parents had surprised her with the trip news too; and she’s really fired up about spending the week with us again this year.  When Dawn joined us after finishing in the bathroom, we only continued chatting for a few more minutes; and then they went into the room across from Violet’s that they’d decided to share for the week and left me to go have a long soak in my Jacuzzi.

With the bathroom door closed and locked, I put up my wards and did a little multi-tasking with my computer while I was enjoying the Jacuzzi action.  I wanted to get some family business work done, and I was able to do that without needing to stay up until two or three o’clock again – thanks to a little private time-phasing that is allowed.  I spent some extra time on my hair tonight too, but still managed to climb into bed with Mandy by a bit after eleven.  I’ve been doing the usual nightly computing since then.  Jaimie, Kaitlyn, Kara, Eddie, and Nicole are all home safely; and are both glad to be back with their parents while also being sad that their holiday is over.

This is probably a good time to mention that Chrissy and Josiah were late getting back to Witch Falls.  I haven’t talked to them, but Mom let me know that they’d stopped somewhere to have dinner on the way home after dropping off Kara, Eddie, and Nicole.  If she’s not sleeping when Chrissy gets home tonight; I’ll take a wild guess that Aunt Leanne will be getting the rest of that story in more details than I’ll probably need.

I guess there isn’t anything else to write about for today.  Dad will be leaving for Crystal Springs in the morning, and we don’t have any special plans for the day – other than resting up a bit before the next batch of fun starts with another canoe trip on Tuesday.  Mom will need some extra help with Ethan and Ehlana this week too – and with the never-ending work; but without our younger cousins here, that won’t really mean more to do – just different jobs.

Right now, getting some extra sleep is my top priority, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!