Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 27, 2013



I’m a jinx!

That’s according to more than one guy on the Wranglers’ team, but Michael advised me that Nora started that little rumor.  I’m earning that title because the Wranglers have gone from undefeated before I became Michael’s girlfriend – when Vanessa was helping Nora to support their team – to losing two in a row since then.  I guess my priorities are messed up because I didn’t show up to watch the game either; but I have to wonder if Nora and the other girlfriends of players who were there think that their boyfriends would be incapable of playing the sport without their support and guidance.

If it helps some of the guys get past another close loss, though, I’m willing to take the hit.

Other than when we were together for Tai Chi this morning, I didn’t even get to see Michael until he finished work tonight and came over to watch a movie with Rowen and me.  He was busy at the Inn and with his baseball game; and I worked around the yard from right after breakfast until we stopped for a quick dinner at six before needed to go to the park for the Fix-it Uppers game.  I took care of all of my usual chores, and helped Dad with some work and cleaning in the storage barn; washed all of the vehicles; and we also took care of a few minor repair jobs.  Mom and Violet took care of the housework and Ethan and Ehlana while Dad and I were busy outdoors; and we only visited with them during our short morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks.

I wasn’t being accused of jinxing the Fix-it Uppers tonight, but they lost their game to the Big Shots too.  Both the Wranglers and Fix-it Uppers had been the ‘away’ team for their respective games, but while Michael’s team lost in the final inning; the Fix-it Uppers had only been able to make up two of the four runs they’d been behind going into the final inning.  With and eighteen-to-sixteen score, there was a lot of action during the game, and a lot for us to cheer about too until the abrupt, double-play end.  More wins this season would be nice; but our team is still having fun playing together; and the co-ed division is just as entertaining for the spectators as it is every year.

Alicia and Erin Green had come over to the park to meet up with us near the end of the game; and they helped to get the kids they were babysitting back to our house.  We had a comparatively small group, but they had two infants and four toddlers; so that was more than enough to keep up with.  Rowen and I were glad that we didn’t have Patrick and Scott along too; and let’s not discuss the jokes that were mostly directed my way during the game suggesting that Michael, Tim, and Rebecca weren’t staying with us too because Mom and Dad were worried about having my boyfriend stay overnight.

Rowen and I helped Alicia and Erin with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden while Mom and Dad got ready to go out; and Michael got here just before they left for Sheldon’s with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne.  He helped us with a lengthy bedtime routine for the toddlers; and once they were tucked in for the night; Rowen, Michael, and I came up to the lounge to watch a movie while Alicia and Erin took care of Leah and Hailey.

Two out of three of us were tempted to vote for a chick flick, but we opted for an alien action flick instead that was fairly terrible; but fun to watch and laugh about for an hour and a half or so.  Mandy cuddled with Rowen to make sure she didn’t feel too uncomfortable hanging out with Michael and me, and though she tried to skip the post-movie swim; we were able to talk her into doing that too.  By the time we’d finished playing in the river, Michael really needed to get home; so our goodnight kiss and hug was quick enough that Rowen didn’t even get the chance to go inside first and give us some alone time.

I know you would have, Rowen, but we’re twelve; and there doesn’t have to be fireworks every night before bedtime.

After coming inside, we checked in with Alicia and Erin.  There’d been some baby nap time while we’d been watching the movie and swimming; but they were getting ready for midnight feedings.  They assured us that they didn’t need help with Leah and Hailey; so we came up to my room and got ready for bed.  One bad movie was enough, so we just climbed into bed with Mandy and have been playing on our computers since then.  Rowen had been busy all day too between working at the computer store and doing some chores at home, and we were both tired; but still needed some wind down and girl chat time.

I’m again being reminded that our summer challenge isn’t producing any results yet; and I’ve reminded Rowen again that she should be more enthusiastic about us succeeding than she is about me losing the challenge.  We still have five weeks to go; and I’m not at all worried.

That does remind me that we should spend a little extra time getting ready for church in the morning.  I really enjoy the entertainment that goes along with seeing the boys – including ‘Tommy’ – looking completely messed up when they see Rowen when she’s dressed up.  I’ll let you know how many times ‘Tommy’ sneaks peeks at her during church and Sunday school in the next journal update.

We’re also going to have four toddlers and two babies to help with in the morning too, so I’d better put my computer away; and Rowen and I really need to speed up our wind-down time so we can get some sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!