Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 20, 2013



Though Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were continuing our Tai Chi lessons this morning, it was still really great to have Dad with us again this morning.  The full country breakfast was a nice bonus too that Michael helped out with and then joined us for.

That was fun, but then I didn’t see Michael again until he and his family came over for the campfire tonight after closing the Inn for the night.  He went home after breakfast, and I was on the yard work crew for the rest of the morning.  I finished up at eleven-thirty; jumped in the river to cool off; and then got ready for my baseball game.  Rowen collected me on her way to the park; and we biked there to be on-time for our team warm-ups.

We had lots of extra cheerleading support today thanks to my cousins and friends, and it was fun watching them play with Aunt Leanne; but we – the Leopards – didn’t leave it up to them to win the game for us.  The Tigers were the home team for this game, so we were up to bat first.  Carolyn batted me home for the first run of the game; and we didn’t look back from there – or give up our early lead.  We had to play the bottom of the last inning, but the game was never really in doubt; and we won by a score of fourteen to eight.

Rowen and I had to skip the ice cream celebration with our team, because we went straight home from the park; hopped into vehicles with the rest of the riding enthusiasts in our family; and headed out to the Ridge River Ranch for a late afternoon trail ride.  That was another blast of fun, and I especially liked getting to have some time to talk with Mom and Dad while Rowen and I rode just ahead of them on the trails.  We were out there for an hour and a half, and then we needed to hurry home again so that the adults in the group could join in on the work in progress for our final ‘cousins’ vacation’ barbeque dinner.

Violet and Chrissy dropped Emma off at home on their way back, and had Dawn and Jillian with them too so they could say goodbye to their best Witch Falls friend.  That took a while because Emma showed them around her farm while they were there; and that’s the main reason why Rowen and I were put in charge of Ethan and Ehlana when we got home instead of being on the work crew.  Okay, being in need of a dunk in the river or a shower may have had something to do with it too after a hot afternoon of baseball and trail riding; but nobody specifically told us that we were too dirty and smelly to help out with the food.

Whatever the reason, we definitely had more fun going swimming and playing with Ethan and Ehlana until dinnertime.  We had more guests tonight, but this barbeque had more ‘real’ food.  In addition to the steak, chicken, and shish-kabob options, there was also corn on the cob and baked potatoes from the grill masters.  The kitchen cooks had also put together several hot side dishes as well as the usual cold salads and veggies; and there were quite a few Olde Bakery dessert contributions to choose from for anyone who still had room for more food by the time those boxes and platters were set out on the back porch patio table.

Rowen and I were relieved of toddler duty during dinner, and sat at a table with Dawn, Jillian, Jessica and Ryan Bassett, Patrick, and Scott.  Without having Michael there, and almost-six-year old Ryan to impress, Patrick was pretty much his normal self during dinner – though that wasn’t really a good thing from the perspective of the girls at the table.  He and Scott were doing their best to imitate the older boys’ usual food and drink games; and Ryan was happy to help them in their attempts to gross us out.

Jessica had wanted to sit next to me, and had a lot to talk about; including some family and cousin perspective about Michael and me.  That was a bit strange while giving me a few warm and fuzzy feelings too.  It is nice to know that most of Michael’s extended family think that we make a cute couple, but he hasn’t exactly had a long line of girlfriends, so I’m not sure how I should take the ‘best girlfriend so far’ comments – as a comparison on a short list or because they think our couple status is temporary.

Even with the gross-out attempts by the boys, we had a fairly entertaining hour or so while we had dinner, and then Rowen and I were on the clean-up crew while all of the younger kids were set free to play.  There was a trip to the park playground that had adult supervision; games in the back yard; and there was almost always at least a few people swimming in the river and going for short canoe rides.  We didn’t go out in the canoes at all, but Rowen and I did go swimming a couple of times, and played volleyball for a while too between the time we’d finished with the work and when the campfire started.

I’m sure you can guess that my favorite part of the campfire was the hour and a half or so that I got to spend with Michael.  Rowen and I had fun with the younger kids too, and sat on the other side of the fire from most of the teens and tweens; with a parent buffer on one side and the older teens on the other.  We didn’t want to be in on the random acts of goofiness or watch any more of the tweeird than necessary.  Even with so many adults around, it’s sometimes amazing how much tweens and teens will try to get away with; thinking that they won’t be seen or called out on what they’re doing while they’re part of such a big group.  Maybe they’re right about that, but for those of you reading this in the future; try to remember from now on that my brother, sister, and I see and remember everything around us all of the time.  If you’re blushing or feeling embarrassed right now, don’t worry about it – your secret’s safe with us!

Moving along, the campfire included the usual activities – toasting food, music, and campfire stories that were appropriately rated for the audience; with the scarier tales being told after the youngest kids were either put to bed or taken home for the night.  Michael and Rebecca joined us a bit ahead of their parents, Jake, Stephanie, and Dillon; and they both sat with us.  Rebecca did that because she didn’t want to be a third wheel for Jenny and Joel – or be any closer to the more demonstrative teen and tween couples than Rowen or I wanted to be.

Michael and I were cuddling too, but not with each other – he had Ethan in his lap about a minute after he sat down; and I’d had Ehlana with me off and on since we’d sat down around the fire.  We did hold hands and sit close together, though, and earned some giggles from my brother and sister while sharing a kiss now and then.  Mom and Dad put the twins to bed at ten-thirty when Naomi, Aiden, and pretty much all of the five-and-under kids were taken home for the night – or tucked into spare rooms until their parents and older siblings were ready to go home too.

The campfire is still going on now as I write this, but Michael and I hopped into the river for a swim at eleven-thirty when his parents, the Emersons, and a few other families decided to call it a night.  We floated downriver to his house and swam there for a while before getting out and sitting on the dock together for a little wind down alone time.  There were whistles and comments called out to us after the only kiss we shared while on the dock; and that was enough to convince us to move over to the comparative protection of his back porch for our goodnight kisses to avoid any more razzing from the teens that were still hanging out around the campfire.  We’d both had a really long day, so I was in my room, changed, and sitting in my window alcove with my computer by twelve-thirty.

I’ve done a little family business work and my usual nightly computing since then while enjoying the view of the campfire.  Jake, Stephanie, and Dillon were probably as tired as Michael and Rebecca, but they stayed around the campfire with Chrissy and Josiah until a little after one o’clock; and Violet and Dillon are still downstairs – probably so that they can make sure the fire is out when the younger teens are finished having their fun.  Jake and Stephanie went home then; and Chrissy and Josiah left with them.  I’ll guess that they’re busy saying goodnight and a private goodbye at his house; since they won’t be able to do that tomorrow.

Everyone around the fire would be able to see me, but other than getting a couple of half-waves from Violet and Stephanie; Vanessa was the only other person to even look up at me.  I don’t know if seeing me had anything to do with it; or if it was just the absence of adults around; but she was definitely more demonstrative with Martin.  I suppose that could have been her way of saying goodbye to him too, or even keeping up with Tim and Nora, Jenny and Joel, or some of the other teen and tween couples; but the timing for those glances up at me weren’t random.  If she’s trying to send a message to me; I have no idea what it is.  Martin, on the other hand, looked like he was really enjoying his last vacation campfire a lot.

I don’t want to watch them when they say goodbye any more than I wanted to watch him with Jenny last summer; and I’m ready to get some sleep anyway, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!