Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 30, 2013



The top news flash from our trip today is that Tim got himself into serious trouble with Nora.  I didn’t tell anyone else why Nora got so mad at him, and it won’t matter by the time you read this some day in the future; but I did hear what he said that earned her instant anger and kept her seething for the entire canoe trip home again.

What did he do that was so bad?  He didn’t hear a question Nora had asked him the first three times because he was distracted; and then when she actually needed to grab his arm and ask him a fourth time; he called her ‘Rowen’ while answering – and didn’t even notice until she slapped him fairly hard on the shoulder.  That probably didn’t feel very good with wet skin on wet skin; but he didn’t blush a brighter shade of red than Rowen’s hair because he was hurt or angry; and that reaction definitely didn’t help his case with Nora.  She barely talked to him much after that, and he probably preferred the silence to the few quiet growls she did throw at him like invisible knives.  When their canoe hit the dock she threw her life jacket off; grabbed her bag; and had a few choice words for Tim that I won’t repeat here before she stormed off.

When you do get to read this, Rowen, I’m sure that you won’t believe that Tim’s faux pas with Nora had anything to do with that hot little bikini you were wearing today; but I was there, and saw everything.  What do you think that says about your personal hot factor when you have that effect on a guy while his girlfriend is right there with him – and looking pretty good in a swimsuit too?

I’ll add a bit more to that part of the story, but let’s back up to this morning.  We were able to go outside for Tai Chi by the river; and Michael stayed for breakfast – and to help out with the work to get ready for our canoe adventure.  Rowen came over early enough to help with packing our picnic and loading the bags and coolers into the canoes; and the only thing we had left to do when everyone else arrived was to added their own contributions and bags to the middle of their canoes before getting on our way upriver.

As is obvious from the start of this update, Nora did come with us, and she and Tim paddled next to Joel and Jenny most of the way to the whirlpool while Rowen and Rebecca were alongside Michael and me.  That worked out pretty well for all of us; and we enjoyed the chat and play time as we took our time getting to the whirlpool.  We had time for a swim and some play time once we were there before having our picnic lunch.  Tossing a Frisbee around and playing with the other water toys I’d packed kept the fun going; and we enjoyed having lunch together before Michael, Rowen, Rebecca, and I went for a walk and explored as we wandered along the bank of the river while Jenny, Joel, Tim, and Nora mostly had a rest on the blankets we’d set out to have our picnic on.

While Tim’s girlfriend-identity amnesia put a chill in the air for all of us even if nobody else knew why; he’d at least made that blunder close to when we needed to head back anyway; so we had enjoyed the second-half of our whirlpool play time until then.  There are lots of teens and tweens that think that playing at the whirlpool is boring compared to video games or other entertainment options; but I’d pick canoeing and swimming in the river – or at Quarry Lake – every time.

As already mentioned, the trip back to Witch Falls was a little tense, and though there was some conversation and attempts to lighten the mood; we were a fairly somber group by the time Nora made her dramatic exit.  I think Jenny wanted to get going right away too, but Joel again took a hit to his rebel image by getting her to stay so they could both help us with hauling all of the gear inside or into the storage barn; and to help Michael and Tim put two of the canoes away too.

He and Jenny and Rebecca all left after that while Michael, Rowen, and I had a little visit with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; mostly to trade stories about what we’d all been doing while we’d been away.  Michael had invited me for dinner, and though I didn’t want to leave Rowen hanging with nothing to do tonight; she was okay with having dinner with her parents; and turned down our offer to come over to Michael’s house after dinner to hang out with us.  We are going to need to work on that, Rowen, or you’ll be backsliding and going back to being a shy bookworm whenever I’m spending time with Michael.

Not getting to hang out with Rowen too was the only downside of the rest of my day.  Dinner with the Stone family, including Stephanie, was another amazing culinary experience.  Jacob and Jake really have fun playing in the kitchen together when they can create their little experiments on willing family guinea pigs.  I get bonus points with them for being willing to try anything – something that doesn’t happen with most of their friends; and even the majority of their family.

Most of our friends would likely think that the clean-up that follows those special meals isn’t fun either, but while my perspective on that isn’t quite the same as Miranda’s; I can definitely see why she finds working in the kitchen with Jacob so entertaining just from my limited experience so far with Michael.

Our guitar lesson in his room was great too, and after practicing for nearly an hour, we went for a swim in the river with Rebecca; and wrapped up our evening by watching a movie in the living room with Jake, Stephanie, Violet, and Dillon.  Miranda and Jacob stayed for part of that, but then decided not to stay up past their usual bedtime.  I don’t know if they’d have stayed longer if the movie we’d picked had been better, but I stayed for the cuddle time with Michael; and Rebecca stayed for the hot guys in the movie who needed to lose their shirts  regularly while making their way through the action and fight sequences.

There was another post-movie clean-up, and then Michael and I went for a walk before doing our goodnight hugs and kisses on my back porch.  Our practices are working out nicely; and I’ve been smiling ever since watching him jog home through the back yards to his house.  Ethan and Ehlana were asleep already, and though Mom and Dad weren’t; they had gone to bed, their wards were up, and I did not try to stop in to say goodnight on my way up to my room.

Spending some time in my Jacuzzi was the first order of business, but I don’t want to be up half the night either, so I’ve been multi-tasking my nightly computing and some family business work since sliding into the hot, churning water.  Even with doing that, it’s heading toward midnight now.  The water is getting tepid, and since it’ll take a while to get my hair dried; I should probably wrap this up and get out of the tub.

That thought has me suddenly wondering what Michael – and the rest of the guys our age – would be thinking about my Jacuzzi comments if they could read these journals now.  I can assure them that whatever they’d be thinking that I am absolutely, totally and completely naked while drying my hair after my baths – clothes would just get wet and uncomfortable.

Just kidding! ;^)

It’s a good thing that Aunt Leanne won’t be able to read this journal for a long time either; and she’ll likely still tease me about including a joke like that regardless of how old I am when she does find that little gem.  What’s really funny about that is the fact that it’s also exactly the kind of joke she’d make about something like that.

Wrapping up this report on that note feels weird, but I really do want to get out of the tub; put my bathrobe on; and finish getting ready for bed.  Rowen and I are having work mornings, and we don’t have anything else planned for the day except a little babysitting during the Fix-it Uppers practice tomorrow evening.  With Michael back to work too, the next couple of days should be fairly quiet; and I won’t be surprised if we don’t see Tim at all – unless he’s in so much trouble with Nora that he has nobody else to hang around with.  Then again, that’d be a real catch-22 for him.  After today, I seriously doubt that Nora will look at him hanging out with Rowen, Michael, and me as dismissively as she has up until now.

I sense a disturbance in the tweeird, and should probably rest up so I can be alert and ready to help Rowen if she needs me, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!