Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 1, 2013



It’s mostly been a holiday weekend and wedding work day, starting with housework and pre-cooking this morning and ending with decorating and filling gift baskets for the wedding tonight.

My jobs this morning, after Rowen went home to work around the house with her Mom and brother, included a two-hour stint as cook’s assistant; an hour taking care of the third-floor cleaning; and the rest of my time between breakfast and lunch giving Mom and Alicia some babysitting assistance with Ethan and Ehlana.

Rowen and I were both able to spend a couple of hours this afternoon practicing our bike tricks with Michael and Tim after Michael was finished helping out at the Inn during the lunch rush.  We finalized the routine, and Tim and his Dad finished making the obstacles and jump ramps for the trailer on the weekend; so we were able to practice with them.  They won’t get put onto the trailer until Wednesday, but Michael and Tim had them set up for us like we’ll be using them; and the only difference to what it’ll be like for the parade was the height off the ground.  We’ll get to have one practice for that on Wednesday sometime, so that change shouldn’t be a problem; and it’ll just make the jumps from the trailer to the ground a bit easier.

The biking was at the top of the fun list for today, and so was the cool-off swim that we hit the river for at my house after we were done our practice.  Ethan and Ehlana came with us for that; and we all had a blast until Nora tracked us down and reclaimed Tim.  Michael had to get back to the Inn and I needed to get back to helping Mom by then anyway; so that was the end of our play time until after dinner.

Mom and Dad only had the twins and me home for dinner.  Violet was with Dillon, and everyone else had other plans until we were meeting at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for a wedding work evening.  I helped with the cooking and cleanup tonight, and then Mom sent me off to play with Rowen, Ethan, and Ehlana at the park for an hour or so before joining the gift basket work crew.  I’m sure that the timing of that play break had everything to do with Michael being at the park for his team practice too; but I was okay with that – and with having him hang out with us for a while after he was finished playing baseball.

I’m going to take a little side trip for a minute because there was some teen weirdness tonight that doesn’t have anything to do with me directly; but is apparently a big deal for Jenny.

There’s a new guy in town, and though Rowen and I haven’t met him yet, he was at the park tonight too; and hanging around with some of the other teens – including Jenny and Rebecca.  Michael told us that his name is Joel Alden, he’s fourteen, and will be here in Witch Falls with his Dad for about half of the summer holidays.  Jenny apparently caught his eye earlier today while he was taking a first look around town after getting here last night sometime, and from what Rebecca told Michael while they were having dinner; Jenny’s definitely interested in him too.

I love Jenny a lot, but it sounds like she may have temporarily lost her mind; and flirting with Joel while still having a boyfriend is not likely going to end well for one or more of them.  Thankfully, we weren’t close enough to their group for Ethan, Ehlana, or I to get hit by the empathic bombardment that usually happens in situations like that; and we were on our way to Aunt Leanne’s before passing Shane and some of the other teens when they were on their way into the park to join up with Rebecca and Jenny.

The empathic sparks were probably really flying after that, but then there were some sparks with Michael and me too – especially while we were having a little swim with Rowen, Ethan, and Ehlana before we all went inside to help with the gift baskets.  I did warn Michael in advance that we’d get teased if he came along, but he was willing to risk it; and we were both happy to have the extra time together.  Rowen, Michael, and I mostly decorated baskets while Ethan and Ehlana joined the assembly lines that were filling them with four different sets of mementos and treats.

Mom let us work until ten-thirty, though Ethan and Ehlana needed to play normal toddlers; and didn’t last nearly that long before getting bored and being set free to go watch a movie in the living room.  Rowen decided to go home then, and helped Aunt Leanne and Aunt Grace tease me by getting Michael to go home with me and help put Ethan and Ehlana to bed while Mom and Dad stayed to work for another hour or so.

Michael and I didn’t have a problem with that set-up; and we had fun getting the twins ready for bed and then cuddling with them while Michael told them their bedtime story.  Michael went home shortly after we finished tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night, but just to make sure that we didn’t totally disappoint my aunts or his mother; we practiced our goodnight kisses for a little while before he left.

Trust me; we really don’t mind making those little sacrifices for the people we love the most!

I needed to stop in and distribute some tickle hugs when I heard my adorable little brother and sister giggling at me on my way up to my room; Ehlana and I had a little girl chat; and then I hopped into my Jacuzzi for a soak.  Mom and Dad were home by the time I’d finished drying my hair and getting changed, so we had a little visit in the office while Dad took care of some work; and then I came up to my room again.  I wasn’t planning on staying up late tonight, but some family business work that couldn’t wait until Wednesday needed to be done; and I spent an hour doing that before getting to the rest of my usual nightly computing.

That change in plans also meant that I wasn’t sleeping when my new membership into the menstrual cycle club was re-affirmed.  Yes, I did make the adjustment so I could be on the same schedule as Rowen, and I can make the experience easier for both of us; but that doesn’t make the experience any more fun for us – just a little less uncomfortable.  I can tell you that I’m happier this time around, but that has everything to do with Michael, being on holidays, and the upcoming Fourth of July and wedding fun.  The good news is that if Rowen’s on schedule too, we should both be done with our periods by Thursday.

I wouldn’t exactly say this is a great way to end my day – or this journal update – but it’s after one; that’s all the news I have; and getting some sleep is now at the top of my priority list, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!