Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Feb. 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love is in the air, and while I’m all for promoting love; sometimes I really don’t want or need to know the details. That definitely applies to all boy-girl goofiness that went on today between some of my classmates and friends. Rowen and I are now officially in the minority group in our class, and Valentine cards and gifts were responsible for several cross-overs today. Not everyone ended up having a happy day, but cupid’s misses were fairly rare in a town where kids had all grown up together.

There were some stories from some of my favorite grownups that I didn’t want or need the details of either; including Aunt Leanne’s comments about starting her Valentine’s Day early with Uncle Adam last night after getting home since they had a houseful of kids tonight. I won’t want to be there for her Valentine’s Day recap with Mom whenever they get around to that tomorrow either, but there were some really great stories today too.

The top news in town won’t hit the main gossip network until morning, but Grandpa Grant asked Eleanor Byrd to marry him. Widower marriages in Witch Falls are rare, so some people may be surprised, but I’m really happy for them. Valentine’s Day wasn’t quite as exciting for Violet and Dillon. He was working at the Inn tonight, since they were packed; so they couldn’t get together even for a couple of hours. Violet did love the flowers and necklace that Dillon sent her; and they talked on the phone for a while after school; but she was still feeling a bit sad when we exchanged a few messages a little while ago.

Aunt Grace didn’t get together with Mark either, but they both answered my email with news that they had each received and sent Valentine’s Day gifts; and they had an online video chat after Mark finished his shift at the hospital. They still have time to figure things out between them, so hopefully they’ll do that so Aunt Leanne and I won’t need to help push them along. No, Aunt Leanne, that isn’t a conflict of any kind – I wouldn’t be doing any matchmaking with Aunt Grace or Mark if they were only eleven.

I should probably mention that Dad and Ethan had Valentine’s gifts for Mom, Ehlana, and me that they gave us before Dad left for Crystal Springs; and Rowen and I were both given flowers from our fathers that were delivered to our classroom this morning. We shared a few of our flowers with a few of the other girls again this year, but the boys had learned their lesson; and didn’t try to tease us about secret admirers and other bad jokes. I doubt the threat of my hugs will work for any future Valentine’s Days – at least not on the boys my age. Let’s not think about that, and move along.

Aunt Leanne took the afternoon off to take care of Ethan and Ehlana; so I met up with them at her house after school. Rowen was working at the computer store; though her parents expected to be done early, and they had dinner plans with Rowen’s grandparents. Uncle Adam was able to get out of work early too, since sitting in a doctor’s office waiting room is apparently not a particularly romantic destination for anyone in town. We had dinner at home; watched a romantic comedy that was tame enough to be kid-appropriate; and Ehlana and I had a little pampering time with Aunt Leanne before we all went to bed after the twins had finished their last bottles of the day.

I’m sure there’s more that I could write about today, but I’m ready to call it a day and get some sleep, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!