Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 5, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 4, 2014



We’ve had another busy day, and as expected; I’ve been up late getting my work done after a play evening at the Inn.

For the second day in a row, the busy has also meant not spending any time with Aunt Grace, Uncle Mark, and Caleb; but they’re busy too – and still had lots of first-time visitors stopping in to meet the new baby.

While they were busy with that, I had another busy day at school; with more music practice time and other holiday fun.  There was a test thrown into the mix, and we had fun at lunchtime too; so we managed to keep ourselves entertained.  One teen news story that is making the rounds this week is actually something that started out on the Thanksgiving weekend; but is still developing – a new romance between Lily Ayres in our class and Reid Spencer.  He’s in Grade Eight, and that’s certainly gotten the attention of the younger teens and tweens at school; though not always in a good way for Lily.

I wish that kind of thing didn’t happen, and it really isn’t that common here; but we’re not completely exempt from stupid teen rumors here.  The really dumb thing about un-flattering comments about Lily is that she doesn’t deserve them; and the truth is practically opposite of some of the whispered comments I’ve hear around here this week.  Lily’s had a few boyfriends now, but to be blunt; those dating experiences haven’t worked out because she isn’t ready to go where some of the guys our age want to take their relationships.  Dating Reid could be a good match for her, so I hope they ignore the peer drama; and just have fun together.

Moving along, our after-school fun started out with a study session at my house so that we could also again keep an eye on Ethan and Ehlana while Mom was busy.  That might sound boring, but it wasn’t.  The assignments part of our work didn’t take long; and then we spent the rest of that time practicing music.  For Michael, Rowen, and me; that started out with a run-through of our band music for the parade tomorrow night.  It’s raining now as I write this, and it might still be coming down by parade time, so while Tim was wishing that he was coming along to spend time with Rowen; he’s not upset about missing out on the potential getting rained on thing – or playing in the band with us.  We also practiced our song for the Christmas pageant, and though we still have some work to do on that; our audience of two thought that we did a great job.

Michael and I needed to get to the Inn to help out with dinner after that; so we were on the run again – and so were Rowen and Tim.  They had other plans for the evening that didn’t include going to game night with us, and while we had fun at the Inn; I also have no doubt that they had more fun – especially when they got around to having some alone time.

I wonder if Michael and I could get away with skipping some game nights in favor of a little make-out time at home?  Probably not.

Anyway, we did have fun – both while helping out in the kitchen with Rebecca; and while playing the games with our friends and family.  Michael and I even won the junior championship this week, though it was a fairly quiet night at the Inn; so we had a fairly small group of competitors.  One thing that added some fun to the mix was having Grandpa Duncan and Grandma Mercy there to play with us.  That gave them a chance to visit with some old friends; and Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace got to have a couple of hours on their own with Caleb.

My real study and work time didn’t start until after we got home; and that wasn’t until we’d all stayed to help with the post-gaming clean-up – and the goodnight hug and kiss I shared with Michael in front of his house on the way home.  Ethan and Ehlana had some college work they wanted to do then too, so Mom did my Magi lesson with me first before we tucked them into bed for the night.  I came up to my room after that while Mom went back downstairs to do more work in the office with Dad; and I started out my studying with some Jacuzzi time multi-tasking.  As always, it’s funny that my family business work is almost always on projects that are for one or two seasons ahead of ‘now’ – or looking even further into the future; and that’s always more noticeable around holidays.  It was all about Christmas music at and after school today; yet tonight I worded on everything from Valentine’s Day and Easter projects and plans to summer camps and fashion.

That’s a topic I’ve covered often enough in this journal, though, and I’m tired and ready for some nap time; so let’s leave that line of thought right there and call it a night.

You’ve probably guessed by now that Michael and I especially love Christmas songs with cool harmonies.  My Christmas music video pick for tonight is one of my favorite versions ever-so-far of Deck the Halls.  I hope you like it too!



And on those harmonic notes; until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!