Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 11, 2014



I’m writing this while spending some quality time in my Jacuzzi tonight; and it is so great to just relax for a while and know that I don’t have hours of work left to do before getting around to the sleeping part of my night.

We had a pretty good day at school, with a mix of work and play time that included two tests; but the real fun got started after we were set free for the day.  The study session with Michael, Tim, and Rowen was at my house – mostly so that we could work on our music as well as a bit of studying for our last test of the year and the usual homework assignments.  I haven’t mentioned it before now, but there are two big events on the schedule for Friday – at least for some of us.  Tomorrow afternoon, that’s the Seniors’ Christmas party in the church reception hall that the band will be playing at; and the school Christmas dance is tomorrow night.  That was the top chat topic of the day for the tweens and teens at school, though if I’m being honest about it; I don’t really think about it anymore now that Michael and I just do all of those things together now.  Yes, I guess we’ll technically be on a date tomorrow night, and we’re going to have fun; but I mostly just had other things to deal with before today that kept that dance – and other things – on the back burner while I was busy.

Anyway, Michael, Rowen, and I practiced our music for tomorrow afternoon and the parade on Saturday; and then Tim joined us to practice ‘our’ song for the school Christmas pageant next week.  Michael and I needed to get to the Inn after that.  It wasn’t a particularly busy night for customers, so we didn’t have to work too hard; and we even had extra time for dinner before helping out with the clean-up and dining room set-up for game night.  We had another quiet evening for gaming this week too; but that didn’t translate into any championships for the Stone or Proctor families.  Rowen and Tim won the junior title; and the Carter family took home the senior championship.  Since one of their KidZone friends, Caroline Carter, ‘helped’ her parents to win; they were happy for their friend; and know that our best chance will be next week when Mom gets paired up with Miranda for the last game night of the year while Dad’s away and working in the city.

We stayed to help with the clean-up; walked home with Michael and his family; and then moved on to our place to get started on work, exams, or a Magi lesson.  Doing exams that late sounds tough for Ethan and Ehlana, but they were doing a short, practical exam; and it was actually a breeze for them.  My Magi lesson was probably harder; but it was more fun too.  Doing the bedtime story and tucking my brother and sister in for the night was great; and the Jacuzzi time right now is awesome.

Getting to sleep before midnight on a Thursday for the first time in what feels like a very long time is going to be good for me, but if I’m going to hit that little goal; I need to wrap this up, get out of the tub, and finish getting ready for bed.  The only thing that was missing from an otherwise really good day was much in the way of Michael and me alone time.  The good news is that we have the dance tomorrow night and we’re babysitting on Saturday night too; so I’ll probably just keep Michael here on Saturday night.  I am sure that we are going to find some time to work on making some Christmas magic for two this weekend – and hopefully we’ll be able to find more time for that over the holidays too!

That’ll be something worth dreaming about tonight, so let’s finish this up with the nightly Christmas music video so that I can get right to that.  My pick for today makes my list because I love teen musical movies, and that includes several movies by this teen and tween-favorite pop-and-movie star.  It’s definitely been a recent favorite Christmas song for kids and teens – even if some of those teens are too cool to admit it.  I guess that means that I’m either not cool, or don’t care what other people think about what I do and don’t like when it comes to music; but I’ll let you, dear future reader, decide that for yourself while you watch the video in your now and I go get some sleep in mine.



May the Magi Force be with you!