Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 24, 2014



Merry Christmas Eve Day!

It’s late, and I’m in bed now that I’ve finished my Santa’s little helper gig, but I need some time to wind down; so this doesn’t need to be a micro-update.  We’ve had a crazy-busy day; so sit back and enjoy the update!

Michael came over for Tai Chi and stayed for breakfast; but then we split up so that Michael and I could both hit the showers and get ready for a play day.  Mom and Dad were both busy this morning, and while Dad was getting ready for the extra time off over the next couple of weeks; Mom mostly helped out at the lab with getting ready for their Christmas luncheon.  While they were busy, Ethan and Ehlana opted for a visit to KidZone for a mini Christmas party that was going on all morning before most of the kids got to go home at lunchtime – except for the few kids that stayed while their parents were still busy with work.  Rowen came over to my house first; we collected Michael when we were ready to go; and then we met up with Tim on the main drag to wander around town and do a little window shopping – since there wasn’t really anything that any of us needed to pick up – other than the Olde Bakery order that we picked up and dropped off in Dad’s truck to make sure we got our Santa treats before they ran out.  We picked up the boxes of treats for the Landrys, Emersons, and Stones too; so there were extra stops along our shopping path – though we would have stopped at the computer store.

It’ll be a while longer before any of us are interested in buying cars from Tim’s Mom; but we were okay with the stop at the Inn that included a hot chocolate and snack break while we were there.

Michael and I eventually went to get Ethan and Ehlana from KidZone in time to get over to the lab for the luncheon while Rowen and Tim moved on to do their own thing for a while; and we then spent an hour or so having that meal with the staff there – and most of our home-town family.  Dad and Aunt Leanne came over from work, and they were done for the day; the clinic was closed while pretty much everyone there came over for the little party; and Grandma and Grandpa were on the invite list because Aunt Grace wanted to invite them – along with some other town VIP’s and friends.

That party marked the end of the work week for most of my favorite adults, and though Mom and Dad were finished at the office and lab; they had other chores and shopping to do; so Michael and I went a long – mostly to help out and spend time with them, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Michael needed to help out at the Inn with the early dinner sitting they had ahead of the Christmas Eve service, and though I wanted to do that too; I stayed with my family instead to help out at home while he was busy.

I’m skipping some play time and other fun that happened this afternoon, but that was mostly just cameo moments here and there.  After getting home, we had a minivan and truck to unload; everything got put away; and then it was already time to start taking turns to get ready for the church service while also dealing with our evening meal.  I also needed to be at church early so that Michael and I could do one more little practice before the service; so Dad gave me a ride there so that I didn’t have to walk in my dress shoes – even though it really wasn’t too cold for the walk.

Before I get to the Christmas Eve service, I should mention at least a couple of family travel notes that I really haven’t kept up with in my journal.  Violet and Dillon headed for Woodvale after the luncheon in the lab; and I don’t think that they’ve decided for sure whether they’ll try to be back here tomorrow afternoon – or wait until Friday to come back.  I’m glad that I don’t have to choose between families for Christmas Day!  Yes, Michael and I will have two dinners to attend tomorrow; but we can do that by walking down the street from my house to his.  Violet and Dillon will have to skip family dinners either here or in Woodvale – especially since Violet has up to three options in Woodvale alone.  Josiah went home with Christina today too; and they’ll be back on Friday – or possibly late Thursday night.  They will miss the Palmer family Christmas; but they’re going to have to juggle that most years – except for when Christina’s family is here for Christmas anyway.

It’s funny how the holiday travel didn’t seem to be a big deal to me when it was always about family and friends coming home to Witch Falls – or not; but it is now – even when I think about it with Violet; and her home is still, technically, in Woodvale.

Moving along with the rest of the story for today, though; Michael met up with me at the church and we went off on our own to do a little music practice at an old piano in one of the Sunday school classrooms.  The music room was being used by the praise team for their warm-ups; so we didn’t want to get in the way.  The Christmas Eve service is one of my favorites of the year; and I always get the warm fuzzies just from walking into the sanctuary when the lights are dimmed and the candlelight sets the mood for quiet reverence, wonder, and joy.

While I really loved singing and playing ‘O Holy Night’ with Michael, and I think we did a good job; the highlight of the service for me was Pastor Martha’s Christmas message.  It was essentially the exact same mini-sermon that she used last year and had developed using the archive Christmas story that Mom had put together for our first Christmas here in Witch Falls; and the story was just as powerful tonight as it was last year.  I’d say that we have a new Christmas tradition in town; and I hope that Pastor Martha – and eventually, Pastor John, will keep our history alive – even when that’s being done through a ‘what-if’ kind of message.

We’d all already had a long day by then, but it wasn’t over by a long shot.  Michael got a pass on going back to the Inn to help out while he and I were on the receiving end of a lot of praise for our music from a lot of people; but his parents, Jake, and Stephanie took a small work crew with them to finish the clean-up and get set-up for the Boxing Day breakfast buffet on Friday.  That meant that I got to bring Michael home with me too and have both some family and alone time with him before he needed to be home too; but that was actually more of a calm before the playing Santa’s helpers storm of activity started shortly after he left for the night.  We didn’t have company over after the service because we’re hosting the family dinner tomorrow; and we’ll be able to do the family gift exchange then.  What we did do was have a bedtime snack and drinks; watch a Christmas show in the living room; and then Michael and I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night before moving on to the lounge for that alone time and minor make-out session.

I’d say that was a great way to end the night, but as I mentioned; my day wasn’t over.  After seeing Michael out with a last, front porch kiss goodnight; it was time to get to work with Mom and Dad.  It seemed to take a long time to haul all of the gifts downstairs and get everything set up under the tree; we filled the stockings; munched on some cookies and reindeer treats; and then took care of some last-minute work in the kitchen to get set up for breakfast for six.  Grandma and Grandpa are going to be splitting their morning between our house and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s place; but they’re doing breakfast here.  I didn’t write ‘us’ there, because I’m going to be at Michael’s house for breakfast.  He’s coming here early to open our family gifts with me; and then we’ll do the same after breakfast at his house – mostly because the twins will be up for that way earlier than Jake, Rebecca, and Stephanie will be.

I haven’t put any time-frame with all of that action this evening, but all of that fun and work took until two-thirty.  I got ready for bed after that, and have been doing my nightly computing since snuggling in with Mandy for what nap time I’ll get to have before the twins will give us our wake-up call.  While I’ve been checking email and doing the rest of my usual surfing, Ethan and Ehlana have already snuck downstairs to put their gifts under the tree; probably rattle a few presents with their names on them; and polish off the treats that we left behind for them.  They’ll still be up early, though; so I should probably get to the Christmas music video pick for tonight and then head off to nap mode for a couple of hours.

I’m sure that it’s no surprise that my pick for Christmas Eve is the same one that Michael and I sang at church tonight, and while a duet video might be more appropriate, this version of the song is one of my all-time favorites, and always makes my Christmas favorites playlist.



May the Magi Force be with you!