Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 26, 2014



Merry Christmas again!

Yes, Boxing Day is over now too, but I promised a double update; so let’s start with the Christmas Day action!

We were up early – by a bit after five-thirty; and Ethan and Ehlana were happy to wake me up first so that we could put a pot of coffee on to brew, boil the kettle for hot chocolate, and get a snack ready before waking up Mom and Dad.  They took care of that too; which is why I had time to share a Merry Christmas, good morning kiss or three with Michael when he came over.  He got a wake-up call from the twins too; but his was via Ethan’s iPad and his iPod.  They’d set that up ahead of time, so Michael had been ready for it, and he’d managed to get more sleep than I did thanks to not having any little kids in the house to wait to play Santa for – unless you’re counting his Mom!

After a round of Merry Christmas hugs and kisses in the kitchen, and once we’d filled drink orders and moved into the living room; it was time to jump right into finding out what Santa left for us in our stockings and under the tree.  That was fun, and I loved my gifts as much as the next teenage girl; but let’s not really get bogged down with a long description of every present given and received.  Mom and Dad always get us really nice things; Michael earns another A+ on the boyfriend front for Christmas gift picks; and every moment was special and magical for me.  We also remember what’s most important about Christmas; and it’s the love that makes these moments so special – not the gifts, decorations, food, and the rest of the traditions.

Doing the gift exchange for six didn’t take that long, and while we had a little time to play with new toys and chat; Michael and I needed to get moving again too soon – and so did Mom and Dad; since they had work to do in the kitchen to get ready for breakfast and the family dinner.  Michael went home while I hit the shower and got dressed up for the day in a new outfit that Mom had gotten for me, and by the time I was ready to go to Michael’s house; the turkey was in the oven, and Grandma and Grandpa had arrived to have breakfast with Mom, Dad, and the twins before they’d be moving on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.  We decided to do our gift exchange when we did that with the rest of the family; mostly because I couldn’t stay long enough to enjoy the moment.  The hugs, kisses, and best wishes were enough for then, though; and I was off to spend a couple of hours and change with Michael and his family.

Opening stockings again there was fun, and we did that before breakfast; but waited until after we ate to open our gifts.  The food and family time continued the already great day; and we had the bonus of having Stephanie’s parents there with us – an option that made life easier for Jake and Stephanie.  Lucas couldn’t be with us too; but he and Rebecca spent most of the rest of the day together once he’d finished the morning Christmas thing with his own family.  I’m again going to skip the gift play-by-play; but one I will mention is Rebecca’s top gift – her first cell phone.

As usual with things like this, I’m sure there was some parental collusion; and we knew shortly after Rebecca turned her new phone on for the first time that several of her friends – including Jenny – had new phones for Christmas too.  I’m okay with not being on that phone-gift list; if only because I wouldn’t use one enough right now to be worth paying for a plan.  Yeah, I know that’s crazy-talk for a teen these days; but I do have other communication options if needed.  My personal favorite is just going and talking to someone in person.  If that’s something that doesn’t happen much in your ‘now’; think about trying it out – it’s like face time without the phones or software!

I’m not making fun of smart phones – they do have their uses.  I just don’t personally rate them as a very high priority for me right now.  That’ll change once I’m ready to travel a bit more – and can drive a car on my own in a couple of years.  This is one club I don’t have a problem with being excluded from for a while longer, but Rebecca was very happy; and I’m glad that she’s enjoying her new favorite toy.

There had been a lot of work going on at Michael’s house before breakfast as Jacob and Jake had help with getting the turkey in the oven and other prep work done along with making breakfast, and though Michael and I weren’t in on that; we did help with some of the work after breakfast – and before we were set free to go and play between then and when we were doing our first family dinner of the day at my house.  That was probably worked out with the parents too; though not for everyone in all of our collective families.  Michael and I were on the move most of that time – stopping in for a visit with Rowen and Tim at Rowen’s house to exchange gifts with them; and make a few other stops before moving on to my house in time to play with Ethan, Ehlana, and our cousins for a little while before having our Christmas dinner.

For that meal, we were seated at the dining room table with grandma, grandpa, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam closest to us instead of with the younger kids; and I really loved getting to spend that time with them – especially since it was about the only time we had with them all day.  The meal was great, and while I’d normally rank it higher than that; I do have to be honest and compare it to the dinner that Jacob and Jake put on for us at the Stone-Bassett family dinner.  Sorry, Mom, and everyone else involved; but the chefs in town won this round!  I can tell you that the clean-ups for each meal were very similar, though; and Michael and I weren’t surprised to be on both of those crews.

Our day really was a blur of non-stop action – both work and fun.  The early family dinner at my house was followed by the clean-up and family gift exchange.  We had a bit of time to play with new toys again with my brother, sister, and cousins; but then Michael and I needed to run again to get to his house for family dinner number two.  This time, we were with his younger cousins for dinner; though we were happy to spend that hour and a half with Jessica, Ryan, and Sophia.  I do like his aunts and uncles a lot, but Michael and Rebecca have a different relationship with them than I have with Aunt Leanne – mostly because all of the parents in their family have very irregular work hours with their respective businesses.  Aunt Sylvia is the only exception, since she’s mostly stayed at home with the kids; but she’s still very busy too – and does work for their business from home.

As mentioned, that meal was fabulous; and Michael and I spent the rest of the evening at his house.  The dinner was followed by clean-up number two – or three if you include breakfast; and then we had the gift exchange for Michael’s family.  It was play or wind down time after that.  The adults watched a couple of movies in the living room and the kids and teens mostly played upstairs with news toys and video games.  Rebecca and I got to play with Sophia and Jessica while our boys mostly played video games with Ryan and some of the other guys.  We had some drop-in playmates too, but the older teens and college students spent more time in the living room with the parents – or hanging out together somewhere else in the house.

I stayed with Michael until midnight after helping Michael with the last clean-up of the day.  We’d started that as soon as the last of their guests went home and his parents, Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca went up to bed so they could get some sleep ahead of the early wake-up call that was coming for the breakfast buffet at the Inn in the morning.  That also allowed us to be alone for our goodnight hugs and kisses, so we made that a minor make-out session in the living room.  We didn’t let that get too out of hand because Michael needs to be at the Inn early too; which is why I didn’t stay later and came home for the night.  Everyone else at my house was sleeping by then too, so that’s the end of my Christmas Day part of this update.  There’s a lot I didn’t include just to keep this from being a small novel; but I hope it’s obvious that we collectively had a fairly amazing day – and I loved every minute of it!

Starting out Boxing Day with a breakfast buffet at the Inn is bound to make anyone happy; and it definitely did that for me today.  So did the Tai Chi with Mom, Dad, and the twins; and the morning of shopping with Rowen and some of our favorite women and girls – both family and friends.  We didn’t have many of our weekend guests here for most of the morning fun; but our company did arrive throughout the day beginning in the late morning.  Michael was busy at the Inn, so I felt a little bit guilty for not staying there to help him out; but not enough to skip all of the shopping fun – especially when we had another awesome day to be out and about.

That’s something that I didn’t include in the first half of this report, but then we didn’t really get outdoors much yesterday to enjoy the unusually warm temperatures for around here at Christmas.  Maybe I’m just blocking it out because I wanted snow for the day and we weren’t going to get that with temperatures in the low fifties.  It is nice to wander around the stores and not need to bundle up or haul all of the winter weather gear around while shopping, though; so I’m also apparently bi-polar about things like this! ;^)

Okay, let’s get back to the actual news.  Breakfast was good, and Rowen and I had that meal with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  The twins had their best friends dropped off with them for the day while three out of four of their parents were busy at the stores.  Ehlana and Naomi were with us for the shopping too; but Ethan and Aiden got to go and hang out with Dad and the other guys instead of hanging out with us.  They guys went shopping for a while too, but they also went back to the houses early to put lunch together – and welcome some of the early arrivals.  The shopping was fun and we each bought a few things; but Boxing Day isn’t as crazy around here as other places – it’s just fun; and a chance for quite a few people to use gift certificates that they received for Christmas – especially at stores like Palmers, the Fix-it Shop, and Emerson Computers.

Rowen needed to spend some time helping out at the computer store too, so she went to do that when I went home with the other girls in my family for lunch.  My day kicked up a couple of notches on the busy scale then because I helped with the work for lunch, did some kid-control duties, and helped with unpacking cars and SUV’s when the Rice clan arrived.  Dawn helped me out with some of that, and we spent most of the rest of the day together after that; while Violet and Dillon didn’t stay long before going over to his house to spend the rest of the day with his family.

There’s way too much in the afternoon news to cover everything.  There was more shopping for the visiting girls in the family; the guys played some football at the park; there was something going on at every house in the family; and Dawn and I ran around trying to do as much as we could of everything – usually with Ehlana and Naomi in tow – and sometimes with Ethan and Aiden too.  That included shopping and football; hanging out with Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden for a while; and visiting with all of our aunts, uncles, and collective grandparents for at least a few minutes each.  It’s no wonder that I’m tired out now; but it was all a blast of fun too!

Michael had some breaks, so I got to spend some time with him, but he worked until close too; so he just went home after that instead of hanging out with me after work.  He still has two more busy days ahead of him at the Inn; so we’ll just have to fit in some time for us whenever we can.  For me, the last third or so of my day was probably the quietest – though the busy didn’t really change all that much – we just didn’t have everyone together in one place tonight.  Guests were in their host homes for dinner and the evening, and while there was some visiting going on; we only had Jonathan come over to spend extra time playing video games with Chris and Martin at our house.

I helped out with the pre and post-dinner work in the kitchen; Rowen and I were on kid control during dinner and for the evening; and most of the adults here were ready to go to bed early tonight after a busy travel and play day.  That didn’t include Chris, Martin, and Jonathan; and they’re still playing video games in the living room as I write this – after watching the evening college bowl game with some of the other guys.  At least they did that downstairs tonight and freed up the lounge for the girls to play in and watch chick or kid flicks.  The last few hours have mostly been a combination of kid play and girl chat time for Dawn and me.  Movies were playing too, but I didn’t pay much attention to them.  I had more fun playing and then winding down with Dawn and any of the other women and girls in the lounge – though the n umber of girls varied quite a bit.

Dawn and I have been on our own for an hour or so; she’s sleeping now; and I plan on being out for the count shortly after finishing this report.  I may not have to work all day tomorrow like some of my friends do, but we do have a major family Christmas to put on; and even if I’m not working in the kitchen all day, I’m sure that kid control will be a nearly full-time job for me while the adults are busy.  The warm is coming to an end overnight, and we’ve had a bit of rain here and there that will continue overnight; so the weather could be an issue for our entertainment options for the younger kids.  At least they got to be out and played at the park for a while today.  A flake or three of snow is possible too; but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

I’ll let you know how that goes with the next update, but I don’t really have anything else pressing to add to this report; so I’m going to wrap this up and get some sleep.  We’ve had nearly as much fun today as we did yesterday, and while I can’t rank this higher than Christmas Day if for no other reason than I didn’t get to spend much time with Michael; I do think we’re well on the way to another best-ever-so-far kind of holiday and long weekend.

Two more days to go, and then some of us will want to nap and rest up until New Year’s Eve!  I’m going to get on to the napping part of my night right now, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!