Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 3, 2014



The top news story in town today was the arrival of my new cousin, since most of our friends and neighbors didn’t find out about it until this morning.  Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark took Caleb home this afternoon – not long after Grandpa Duncan and Grandma Mercy arrived.  They’re staying through until Sunday; but may spend part of that time with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne if Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark don’t need the overnight help with Caleb.  They’re just going to wing that.



Meals, on the other hand, are being planned out – as are the visits for family and friends.  I was not on the visitors list today, since I did get to see Caleb last night; but I did help out with some kid control while Mom was busy delivering her contribution for dinner at the Everett’s house.  Olde Bakery treats were dropped off too – as were flowers, fruit baskets, and other gifts.  I don’t write about stuff like that in my journal very much, and didn’t even mention it last week for Aunt Deborah and Uncle Nick; but our neighbors and friends take care of each other at times like this – or during tougher moments in life.  Aunt Grace won’t need quite as much help as Mom did with twins; but she will have all the help she needs with Caleb for as long as she needs it.



That just gave me an idea for one of the things we’re working on for the local future plans.  I’ll run that past Mom – and Aunt Grace – in the New Year and see what they think about it.  There are going to be a lot of young people working at the lab and med center; and we can help them, our business, and the owners of KidZone all in one neat little deal.  I’ll keep you posted if that works out.



Anyway, getting on with my own update, Tai Chi was indoors this morning; Michael stayed for breakfast; and then we split up to get ready for school.  With Uncle Mark off for a few days, Uncle Adam wasn’t working at the lab; but Mom needed to be there while Aunt Grace and Uncle Adam were both busy – though she was only there until early afternoon.  That did give Ethan and Ehlana a chance to play there too, though; so they were happy campers.



Michael and I are definitely getting into the Christmas spirit at school this week; and we had two music practices today.  We’re doing the group music for each of the K-to-6 grades; and the younger kids are especially entertaining as they struggle to learn ‘their’ song, medley, or musical skit.  We also had our duet choice enthusiastically approved today too; so all that’s left for that is the practice time with Rowen and Tim.  We actually had some classes and school work today too; but there wasn’t anything particularly newsworthy going on there – and we didn’t even get a lot of homework tonight.



Rebecca and the rest of the girls’ basketball team had an away game today, so they got to leave early for that after-school game; but Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I are all back to our normal mid-week work night routine now.  I would have needed to be home anyway, since I was watching Ethan and Ehlana after school too; but that wasn’t exactly a problem.  They stayed in the office and worked on college assignments – including getting ready for their final exams.  They’ll be writing them before the Christmas break.  Compared to that, my Grade Nine homework was trivial, but then that also, literally, took seconds to get done because we used more than a little Magi power to help with getting more work done – including some time-phasing.



Mom and Dad got in on that too after dinner; and we all had our work done by nine o’clock.  Not everyone was ready for bed by then, but I was tired out, so I had a quick shower; got ready for bed; and I’m now warm and comfortable while snuggling with Mandy and wrapping up my day with my usual bedtime computer checks and this update.  I guess the only news I have from those checks is that Rebecca and her team won their game.  Carolyn has high hopes for every sport she plays, but in this case; a healthy dose of reality is required when it comes to our school and basketball.  To be blunt, we’re collectively too short compared to the girls – or guys – at other schools in even the small-school divisions.  We do have some tall guys, but they’re also almost all built for football or farm work – not court sports.  Yes, we’ll get some wins now and then; but I don’t think we’re at any imminent risk of winning basketball championships here.



If, in the future when you read this, you’re thinking that those comments are pessimistic; they’re not.  I am being realistic, though.  Carolyn is an amazing athlete, but she isn’t a miracle worker; and can’t make her team mates taller.



Anyway, moving this along; I’m ready for the extra down time tonight – especially since we’re going to have a very busy weekend with the parade on Friday night; the Christmas shopping trip on Saturday; and the Christmas tree farm adventure on Sunday afternoon.  Add in game night tomorrow night before I can get started on my studies and work; and I don’t expect to get much more than a nap in each night between now and next Wednesday.



My Christmas song video choice for tonight is on my holiday play list every year since I started making one; and you probably don’t need to take a second guess about why I especially love the song now – or why it’s one of our favorites to sing together.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!







Until next time...



...May the Magi Force be with you!