Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 17, 2014



I’m going to keep this update short and turn in early so that I’ll be ready for a busy day tomorrow – and the Christmas pageant at school.

Michael and I started our day with a fairly entertaining good morning hug and kiss before getting around to the Tai Chi for two after seeing his parents off to the Inn.  Jake and Stephanie didn’t bother to get up early to have breakfast with Rebecca, Michael, and me; and were still in bed when we left for school.  Now that I think about it; I didn’t see them at all today; but that’s because I didn’t go to the Inn with Michael after school – and I haven’t seen him since then either.

Instead of helping out there tonight; I went home and have spent the entire evening there.  That choice was mostly because I haven’t spent much time at all with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana this week; and with Michael, Rowen, and Tim all working their part-time jobs after-school, hanging out with them was an option.

The family-rated news from Crystal Springs included the latest news from the Malloys; how their dinner out went; and a few other details on either side of a rather large block of time when nothing at all apparently happened.  That would be more believable if I hadn’t overheard some parts of the un-redacted version that Mom shared with Aunt Leanne; but let’s not go there.  For me, the top news with Terry, Angela, and Valerie is about Angela’s pregnancy.  She’s now just beginning her third trimester, and while the baby isn’t due until March; that’s making for a very entertaining Christmas holiday for all of them – especially with how Valerie is handling the impending arrival of a new baby brother.  Mom said that Valerie is absolutely adorable, and while Angela told her that Valerie can be hot and cold over the whole baby thing; she was on her best behavior while at dinner last night.

Of course, that might have had something to do with the cool toys Mom and Dad had for her – including the gift that Ethan, Ehlana, Michael, and I sent her.  That’s generally a great way to keep a two-year old kid happy and entertained for a couple of hours.

I should also mention that Angela and her baby are doing just fine.  Mom knows that for sure because she checked while they were together; and that’s a handy talent to have when you want to make sure that the people you love the most are well.  Yes, they have a family doctor at a good practice; but I doubt many places have the kind of medical care that we have in Witch Falls – and especially will when the clinic opens next summer!  Okay, the fact that we have a small group of Magi Healers is a bonus; but you know what I mean.

Moving this along, I got most of the city trip story from Mom after school – and after she got back from the lab after spending a couple of hours there once she got back to town – and dropped off Aunt Leanne’s fast food fix.  Ethan and Ehlana spent the morning at Kid Zone again; and then they were at the lab too.  They stayed there longer than Mom did; and got a ride home with Violet and Dillon after hanging out there with Uncle Adam and Dillon until it was nearly dinnertime while Violet did some work in the office for Aunt Grace.  Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack came over for dinner too; so it was great to get to spend time with all of them tonight too.  Aunt Leanne’s pregnancy update is easy – she’s doing great; and is already mostly done with her bouts of morning sickness.  She still gets some early-morning queasiness; but it isn’t anything that a few crackers and sips of water can’t handle for her.

I skipped over the time I mostly spent with Mom, other than getting the travel update.  I helped her out with some chores around the house; we cooked dinner; and mostly just enjoyed having the mother-daughter time that we don’t get much of a chance for very often right now.  That is another item on my wish-I-had-more-time-for list, but I won’t complain about it either; since I did get to have Mom all to myself for the first nine years of my life.  We both know that what we have now is way better!

Our dinner wasn’t anything special, but the company and conversation was entertaining and the highlight of my day.  Sorry, Michael; but that good morning kiss and the Tai Chi will have to settle for second-place on my list for today.

I guess that means we should work on that more often and see what we can do about winning that contest next time! ;^)

That totally has my train of thought off the rails.  It’s a good thing that we have another sleepover booked for Friday night!

I loved getting to spend the time with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, Zack, Violet, and Dillon; but then they all had other things to get to after we finished the kitchen clean-up.  Mom had work to do in the office; so Ethan, Ehlana, and I came up to the lounge so that we could hang out together until bedtime.  I did a music practice for the pageant tomorrow; we watched a couple of Christmas cartoons – this year’s Christmas edition of Sofia the First and the Mike the Knight holiday episode.

So much for my plans for a short update, but I can’t resist a little commentary hit on Disney and just how much they’ve changed over the years.  I think that it’s ridiculous that Sofia the First celebrates Wasalia Day instead of Christmas.  Disney allowed her to celebrate Halloween, with all of the dark imagery and history that goes with it; yet it’s apparently politically incorrect to have her celebrate Christmas.  No, they haven’t done that with all of their kids’ shows; but that doesn’t make this instance any less silly – especially when their ‘holiday’ also has decorated trees; candle-lighting ceremony; feasts; gifts; carols; and the rest of it.

Okay, I feel better now! ;^)

Ethan, Ehlana, and I did a bedtime snack and chat with Mom; I tucked them in for the night; and then it was Jacuzzi time for me – again without any multi-tasking.  It’s still very early for me compared to what my normal has been for bedtime work this fall; but there wasn’t any email news or much in the way of family business work to deal with so it’ll be nice to get a solid eight hours of down-time tonight.  With the pageant, work at the Inn, and game night; it’s going to be a very full day tomorrow – and then we’ll basically be starting our Christmas holiday on Friday – once we get through our play day and parties at school.  Let’s do the Christmas song video pick for tonight; and then I am out of here and off to dreamland to hang out with a certain boy we know and love.

It’s no surprise that one of the kid favorites this year is this song, from the Disney hit, Frozen.  This isn’t the arrangement that we’re using, and the lyrics were played with to make it more fun for the kids; but I like the clip from the movie too.



May the Magi Force be with you!