Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cassie's Journal - December 20, 2014



Our first full day of the Christmas holiday started out great – even if it was after just a short nap break in the action.  Tai Chi with Dad, Michael, Naomi, and Aiden added to the group again was awesome; and then Dad and the other guys cooked breakfast while the girls got to take turns getting ready for the day.  That put us on the clean-up crew after we ate; but that was okay with us – and Dad made sure that all of the cookware was cleaned as they went along; so it wasn’t even that much work.

Since we were having a work day – either at home or elsewhere; Dad also cooked up a full country breakfast too.  That was great, but it was the breakfast conversation and time with my friends and family that was the best part of my morning.  Michael, Tim, and Rowen all needed to leave for work or other chores as soon as they could; but Naomi and Aiden stayed to play with Ethan and Ehlana while their parents were busy today.  That worked out for Mom, Dad, and me too; since that gave the twins something fun to do while we were busy with chores and holiday pre-cooking work.

That’s what I did all day – help out with house cleaning, laundry, and cooking ahead for our family Christmas next weekend.  We had some visitors stop by now and then too – like Violet and Dillon; so there was some entertainment here and there that kept the fun level up; but I was happy to spend the time with Mom and Dad too.  The four kids mostly played in the living room or Ethan and Ehlana’s room.  They had one outdoor adventure with Violet and Dillon while they were here; but I stayed in and kept working instead of doing that with them.

I didn’t see Michael for his afternoon break because he had some things to do at home while he was away from the Inn, but I did meet up with him again at the Inn in time to help out with another busy, holiday dinner rush.  Yes, that does make it sound like this has been an all-work, not-much-fun kind of day; but I really loved the work at the Inn too – and the time with Michael and his family.  Rebecca and I especially had fun as we talked about our respective sleepovers; and I’m really glad that she had fun with Lucas and his family.  Rebecca told me that Jenny’s having a fun weekend with Lance too, and I’m sure we’ll hear all about it when she’s helping out at the Inn tomorrow too; but I don’t think that we need to include any details in my journal.

Michael and I were set free from the Inn early, supposedly thanks to my extra help tonight, and while that might have just been Miranda’s excuse for getting us out of there; we were very okay with the bonus chance to spend some time together instead of staying until close with everyone else.  Mom, Dad, and the twins were on their own by the time we got home, and we had a little visit with them in the living room while they took a short intermission to chat with us and trade dinnertime stories; but then I took Michael up to the lounge to hang out there instead of watching the last half of the movie they were watching.

We didn’t watch a movie.  Today was the first day of the bowl games for college football; so we tuned in to the current game being played – and then didn’t watch it at all.  With everyone else still awake and downstairs, our play time didn’t get too hot and heavy – at first.  That did heat up a bit after Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana all stopped in to say goodnight to us on their way to bed after their movie, though; so Michael and I are both very happy campers tonight.

Staying up late again tonight would have been fun, but with both a busy afternoon at the Inn and the Christmas concert tomorrow night at the church; we decided not to do that.  Michael went home at a bit after eleven so that we could both get a good night of rest.  Keeping Michael for another sofa sleepover had been very tempting; but I resisted the urge – and I really do need to get more sleep tonight after only being in nap mode for a couple of hours last night.  I haven’t had any family business work to do tonight, and the rest of my nightly computing didn’t take long; so I’ll even manage to be sleeping before midnight.  I’m ready to get into nap mode now, and that’s all of the news for today, so let’s do the Christmas music videos; and then I’m out of digital mode and off to dreamland!

This song gets on my list for making a difference in the world in a big way.  The original version was recorded to raise money to help the people affected by the famine in Ethiopia.  The new version for Band-Aid 30 will help the people of West Africa who are dealing with the Ebola crisis there.  Our family business has more direct ways to help with that than buying music; but I hope that lots of people do buy the song and help out with that worthwhile cause this Christmas!





May the Magi Force be with you!