Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cassie's Journal - July 31, 2013



Up until a couple of hours ago, I expected this to be a very short update.  Tai Chi this morning had been about the most exciting part of the day until then – including the Fix-it Uppers ball practice.

That all changed when Tim met up with Michael when he was done at the Inn; and they both came over to go for a swim and hang out with Rowen and me.

Before I get to that, Michael came over for Tai Chi, but then went home right after that.  I split my time this morning between working on the family business in the office with Mom and Violet; and doing some housework that was mostly running a couple of loads of laundry and cleaning most of the third floor except Violet’s room.  We had sandwiches and veggies for lunch, and then Rowen and I had a lazy afternoon that included spending some time with Ethan and Ehlana; hanging out with Michael during his afternoon break; and not doing much of anything at all.

Rowen stayed for dinner, and then we had Emma with us at the park to help us keep Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi entertained while our parents were playing baseball.  I guess that was a little more exciting than Tai Chi, but the play time fun was offset by the parts of the practice we watched that didn’t show much improvement in our team play – or prospects for the last two games of the season.

I do not need to use my Sight to predict that I won’t likely need to get a cheerleading squad together for the co-ed championship game.  The fact that I like to win as much as Aunt Leanne does has a lot to do with why this season has been harder on me than on any of the Fix-it Uppers players.  I really need to work on that, but then considering what I do know about my future; that drive to win may come in very handy.

Getting back to the story, Rowen came home with me after the practice was over, and Michael and Tim joined us while we were still doing a bedtime snack with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana.  We fed them too, and after doing a round of goodnight hugs and kisses with the twins before they went up to bed; we grabbed towels and bottles of water on our way out to the river for our swim.  Once we were on our own, Tim advised us that he was still in the doghouse with Nora, and that hanging out with us tonight was going to make that worse; but he wanted to talk to us too, and needed to vent and blow off a little steam of his own while we played in the water.

Working off some of that energy was the main reason why we actually went for a swim downriver to the bridge and back along with playing with the glow-in-the-dark water games.  Most of the talking came after we got out of the water and sat on the dock.  I don’t know if Tim told Michael everything either before or after they were with us, but he didn’t tell Rowen and me the specifics about how his fight with Nora had started.  He just told us that he’d experienced yet another foot-in-mouth moment that Nora was not forgiving him for without terms of surrender that he wasn’t willing to accept.

In a nutshell, Nora doesn’t want Tim to hang around with Michael anytime Rowen and I are around.  Since Michael is spending most of his free time with us; that’s a bit of a problem – not to mention the fact that we really have fun together.  Our conversation from that point on was fairly serious, with a few touches of humor; and more than a little tweeirdness.

This was also another example where I think that I suck at being a tween if for no other reason than my apparent inability to keep my mouth shut.  The good news for Tim is that my blunt truthiness is complimented by Michael’s steadfast friendship and Rowen’s quiet thoughtfulness and earnest compassion.

There were several levels of tweeird for me, with the first being because I knew more about what had happened with Tim and Nora than he was willing to tell us.  That made answering some of his questions a bit awkward; and Tim may have wondered how I reached some of my assertions.  The way that Tim kept looking at Rowen was tweeird too – especially when they were talking directly to each other.  Finally, Rowen definitely looked like she was deep in the tweeird zone; and the empathic vibes swirling around all of us was fairly intense.

Talking about all of that with Tim had been because he needed us to be there for him, but it’s also made me think more seriously about my own relationship with my classmates and friends.  Setting aside the obvious rivalry reasons for why I’ve had problems with Lisa and Vanessa; I’d gotten along just fine with all of the girls in my class until they started crossing over.  Finding out about Rowen, and then being able to sense all of the Magi has made a difference too; so the council is at least partially right about their concerns though that’s still just one factor.

Changing common interests; financial and social status; and personal talents and abilities are all more important now too.  I tend to think of things like that from the perspective of how that affects me; and don’t consider how it affects how Vanessa, Nora, and some of the other girls feel about me.  Friends like Sally and Gretchen don’t care about those differences, and though we don’t really do a lot of things together if for no other reason than because they live on farms and we don’t see them much during the summer; we get along just fine, and have fun together when we are doing things that we all like to do.  That isn’t the case right now with about half of the girls in our class.  I don’t know if that’s temporary, or whether it will change now that Michael and I are a couple and might eventually get to join the couples club too; but I do need to think about that a bit more and try and change that a bit if I can.

Getting back to Tim’s current problems, our collective comments and advice did not include bashing Nora, stroking Tim’s ego, or suggestions about whether he should or shouldn’t be dating Nora.  We did talk about all of the issues I’ve been thinking about since then, along with a couple of specific issues that apply to his relationship – like why he was initially attracted to Nora; and how important that particular common interest was to their relationship.

That would be where my blunt assessments were most uncomfortable for Tim – and probably for Michael and Rowen too.  I’m sure that Tim and Nora do have some other interests that they share, but if they were both honest about it; I’m sure they’d admit that exploring their physical attraction at a mutually acceptable pace has been the main reason why they’ve been together.  Most of the laughs happened during that part of our chat – especially when Tim countered my comments by asking me how that was any different for Michael and me – or any of the other tween and teen couples.

Michael was interested in my answer to that question, though he knew as well as I did what the differences were for us.  I’m not actually sure whether Tim did or not until then.  It’s possible that he hadn’t thought about a lot of things when it came to Nora.  Now that he was basically being asked to make a fairly significant choice; he really needed to take a close look at what was most important to him – including how important his friendships with Rowen and me were to him.

He didn’t have any answers when he went home tonight, and we didn’t help him to feel better; but Michael’s sure that we did help him; and that Tim would appreciate the honesty and sincerity without the tween games or pandering.

When Tim was finally talked out, he and Rowen left together so that Michael and I could be alone for a few minutes before he went home too.  We didn’t really take that long saying goodnight to each other, but after spending so much time talking about a relationship that wasn’t going very well right now; the kisses and heart-felt ‘I love you’ exchange meant a lot to both of us.

Mom and Dad were in the office, and Violet and Dillon were in the living room when I got inside; so I made two quick stops to say goodnight to all of them before coming up to my room.  Getting wound down enough to sleep has taken a while, but I’m pretty much ready to call it a night now after playing a little music and spending the past hour and a half working on my computer.  With Riding lessons and baseball practice tomorrow, I should have climbed into bed with Mandy before now; but I’ll manage to survive on the four hours or so of sleep that I will get.

Being awake to see the end of July and the start of August didn’t have anything to do with why I needed the extra wind down time tonight; but being into August now will probably have a lot of kids and teens thinking about how close we’re getting to the end of summer and start of another school year.

Now that’s something I really don’t want to be dreaming about tonight; so I’m going to put my computer away and think about more interesting things – like goodnight kisses and everything else I love to do with Michael.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!