Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Cassie's Journal - August 15, 2013



Before I get to the rest of my report, I want to bring up something that I honestly haven’t been thinking about enough lately – my Magi training.

Mom had me stay home without friends over after baseball, and advised me that we both needed to get back to more regular lessons.  While Ethan, Ehlana, and I don’t sense any immediate danger in our near-future, Mom is right that I still have a lot to learn; and more reasons to keep at my training than she needs to know about anytime soon.  Spending nearly two hours working with her tonight plus hours more of archive assignments that I’ll need to get done over the next few days reinforced her message loud and clear – though the lesson was still fun too.

Having Michael with me for Tai Chi; breakfast; our riding lesson; and a swim once we were home again helped to keep the fun level high all morning.  It felt strange to get rides to and from the ranch from Tim’s and Rowen’s Moms instead of Violet; but she won’t be doing that for the rest of the summer anyway.  There isn’t really anything special to report from anything we did this morning, but I will mention that two-out-of-two Mom-drivers suggested that the four of us could occasionally give my parents a break and hang out at Michael’s, Tim’s, or Rowen’s houses even though I have the ‘coolest kid room ever’.  That’s something else I don’t really ever think about, and I’m sure we can do that more once school starts; but my house – or Michael’s – is the most convenient for doing things like swimming and canoeing.

That’s something else we haven’t done enough of; and we should make time for more canoe trips before summer is over.  Then again, I’d also like to do more trips to Quarry Lake; trail rides with Mom and Dad; and a bunch of other things that we won’t get done in the two and a half weeks we have left before we head back to school.

We had Ethan and Ehlana with us for the pre-lunch swim, and Tim and Rowen both stayed for lunch.  After helping with the clean-up, we had time for a bike ride with the twins in the trailer; and then Tim went over to the park for Kyle’s football practice while Rowen and I dropped Ethan and Ehlana off with Mom before picking up bottles of water and a few snacks and heading over to the park too.

I don’t have a problem with Michael getting football fever, but I also don’t plan on being a football groupie either.  Rowen and I left my backpack with Tim in case he needed any water or food; and then we hit the trails for an hour or so before going back to the football field and sitting in the bleachers while taking a break and downing a couple of bottles of water.  Michael was on his afternoon break by then, and had joined the on-field action in time for the scrimmage game.

We watched for more than half an hour before Kyle allowed a ‘half-time’ break.  This is the first year that Michael and Tim have been big enough to even think about competing with the high school players, even though some of those guys are more than a foot taller than they are; and Kyle outweighs them by a lot.  One thing that I really noticed today was how well Michael and Tim were able to keep up with Kyle.  He’s the biggest player on our team, but he’s also the fastest.  I don’t know if anyone else really even noticed, but when Kyle was lead blocking for either Michael or Tim; they stayed right with him whether it was a five yard gain or fifty.

Since Michael wants to play high school football nearly as much as Tim does; I’d better get used to them being in that mode from August through November for at least the next five years.  There’s certainly no doubt they can already play, and I don’t need to use my Sight to deduce that they’ll get their shot a playing once we do hit high school in another year.

That little visit with Michael and Tim during their break wasn’t very long, and I barely had time to get Michael’s lunchtime at the Inn report before Kyle had them running again.  Rowen and I went back out on the trails for another half hour while they were playing, and then brought the boys home with us for a short swim before Michael needed to get back to the Inn again.

Tim left when Michael did, but Rowen stayed and we played with the twins until Mom had an early dinner ready so we could eat as soon as Dad got home from work and still have time to get to the park for our baseball practice.  It’s very unlikely now that it matters whether we win or lose our game on Saturday, but Rowen and I still have our personal motivation playing against Vanessa and Nora; and Carolyn doesn’t want to risk the slim chances that a loss might lead to a tie-breaker for second place in our division – or go into the championship game on two losses.  Those thoughts were all she needed as motivation to work us even harder tonight that she had last week; and I don’t think that there is any way she or Coach Sarah could have done more to get us ready to play this weekend.

Rowen and I went for a swim after practice, but then she went home so I could do my lesson with Mom after that.  Ethan and Ehlana played on their iPads in the office while Dad worked and Mom was busy with me, and then we did the full bath and bed routine with them before I was able to come up to my room and get started on my archive homework and nightly computing.  That was almost three hours ago, and I’ve had enough fun for today.

Michael has his usual Friday afternoon and evening off tomorrow, and though he and Tim will be playing football with Kyle and the other guys again in the afternoon; they’re both going to be with Rowen and me for dinner and a movie night – and Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace are hosting it for the first time at their new house.  Violet and Dillon will be home from Woodvale in time for that; so it should be a fun evening – if I’m not too tired to stay awake for it!  Let’s make sure that isn’t a problem.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!