Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - August 18, 2013



We have a very important shopping trip tomorrow morning, so I’m writing this – and doing the rest of my nightly computing – at Magi speed for a change so that I can get to sleep early and be fully-charged and ready for some serious Mall action.

My day started out great when Michael met up with me for Tai Chi at Rowen’s house.  We would have exercised with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Ethan, and Ehlana; but they didn’t come outside while we were warming up; so we exercised on our own.  I knew that the twins were awake, but it wasn’t until we met up for the walk to church that I found out they’d let our aunt and uncle sleep in before doing a light Tai Chi workout by the river together.  I’m sure that would have been fun too, but there’s a lot to be said for couples-only Tai Chi time too – even when we had an unhappy audience watching us.

Patrick wasn’t happy to see Michael exercising with me, so I’ll guess that the kisses and hugs before and after Tai Chi didn’t go over very well with him either.  I wish there was something I could do to help him, and I’m really sorry that he’s still crushed; but I don’t seem to be able to handle that any better than I deal with other tween and tweeird issues – like Vanessa and Nora.  I am trying, though, and the closest I came to getting some normal out of Patrick and Scott was when I hugged them just before we went outside to walk to church – to thank them for a prank-free sleepover.  Rowen thought that was funny, but she also thinks that we’ll need to be prepared the next time I stay at her house.  Since last night may have been our last sleepover at her house before we go back to school, though, I was willing to take the risk.

We were too busy at Sunday school to have any major tweeird moments today.  The teens were getting ready for their holiday weekend Sunday service; and we were drafted to help out with the usual props and costumes that were mostly for the skits they’ll be putting on.  That work made the time fly, and Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I didn’t mind that the Pastors were on a roll today; and kept their congregation entertained for over an hour and a half before setting them free to enjoy another beautiful day.

Michael had to get straight to the Inn by then; and I haven’t seen him much since walking there with him on my way home – except for when he stopped in to hang out with me during his afternoon break.  While he was busy at the Inn, I helped Mom and Dad with making lunch.  Violet and Dillon were with us for that; and we had the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and Leah over too.  That didn’t give me much time to spend with Violet, but we did get to spend nearly an hour together this afternoon while she and Dillon split up so they could each finish packing.

Having her go away to school really isn’t any different than it has been when she’s gone home after spending the summer with us over the past few years, and it’ll be a lot easier for Violet and Dillon now that they’ll be together; but I’m still really going to miss them.  We haven’t really spent all that much time together this entire summer, but it’s those every day moments that people don’t really even think about, and I don’t write about very often in my journals, that you miss the most.  We’re all going to be busy tomorrow; but I’m sure that I’ll feel that when Violet isn’t there with us for breakfast on Tuesday morning.

Moving along, Violet went over to Dillon’s for the rest of the afternoon sometime while Michael and I were playing with Ethan and Ehlana in the back yard.  We took them for a swim too, and after Michael went back to the Inn; I had some time to go and hang out with Rowen at the computer store until we needed to get ready for dinner.  Rowen had mostly worked at the store today to help her back-to-school shopping fund – or to get a head start on re-building the bank account she expected to deplete tomorrow – even with the parental support.  While I was there, we finished cleaning the main workshop and stock room that Rowen had been working on most of the afternoon.

That wasn’t exactly the most fun we’ve had together this summer, but we had some privacy back there; and were able to talk about Tim, his birthday, and the feedback I got from Michael about our gift ideas.  He had a couple of suggestions too.  We’re not going to top that anonymous autographed football Rowen gave Tim last Christmas; but if the gifts don’t help to make his day; Rowen can always try kissing him again and see if that works! :^)

There wasn’t much boyfriend kissing going on in my life today; and Michael and I should work on making more time for that – though I seem to mention that regularly without actually making that happen.  Other than my pre and post-dinner visits to see Michael, Jacob, and Rebecca in the kitchen, and the pair of kisses we shared; Michael and I didn’t spend any other time together tonight.

While I’m thinking about the kitchen and the Inn, I should have mentioned before now that Joel got back to town late Friday night.  That’s only connected to my thoughts about the Inn because Jenny was back to spending all of her spare time with Joel; and wasn’t hanging out with Rebecca in the kitchen tonight.  They only have two more weeks together before he goes home again on the holiday weekend, and though he isn’t going on the shopping trip tomorrow; I expect they’ll be together a lot between now and then.

Our dinner party was fun, but Ethan, Ehlana, Rowen, and I were at a kids table; and didn’t spend much time at all with Violet and Dillon.  I was going to say that they were spending most of that hour and a half with their parents and grandparents, and while that was really only true for Dillon; Violet thinks of Mom and Dad more as a second set of parents than cousins; and they feel the same way about her – just as she’s the big sister I never had to me.

There isn’t much else to report for tonight.  After giving me time to say goodnight to Michael, everyone came back to our house for a little visit.  We ended up doing that in the back yard; and spent about an hour together before Dillon went home with his parents; the rest of our family headed out; and we had Violet to ourselves for the rest of the evening.

She had a few things left to do in her room, so while Dad finished getting ready for his week in the city; Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I kept her entertained while she worked.  We did the bedtime story for Ethan and Ehlana in the office with Dad, and then Violet spent a little time talking with him while he worked and Mom and I did the rest of the bath and bedtime routine with the twins.

I came up to my room after that to spend some time in my Jacuzzi while Mom joined Violet and Dad in the office; and then it was my turn for a few more minutes of girl-chat time with Violet when she stopped in on her way to bed.  She’s really excited about her n0w-imminent college adventure, and I’m happy for her even though I wish we’d be seeing her more than we will be between now and next May.  It’s a good thing that I’ll have all of that shopping to keep distracted with tomorrow!  That’s also everything I have for tonight, and I really do want to be rested and ready to play with my friends and our Moms, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!