Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cassie's Journal - August 6, 2013



I’ve had a really great day with Michael and his family!

Michael came over for Tai Chi, and then I got cleaned up and ready for a play day before going over to his house for breakfast.  Jacob and Jake weren’t doing anything fancy for the morning meal today; mostly because Jacob and Miranda wanted to be on the road for Crystal Springs without needing to do a big clean-up first.  Stephanie had come over for breakfast too, so once we’d eaten; she and I helped out in the kitchen while the cooks took their turns getting ready for our adventure and play day.

We were on the road by a bit after eight-thirty, and that hour and a half in the minivan was a new experience for me – especially with Rebecca, Michael, and me on the back bench seat together when I was along as Michael’s girlfriend instead of Rebecca’s guest.  Rebecca thought it was funny, but not at all weird, and holding Michael’s hand and sitting close together as all seven of us kept entertained made the trip to the city seem quick.  Our first stops were at Wal-Mart and the Mall; but that was mostly to pick up supplies and a few things that Jake and Stephanie wanted to get before heading to New York.  We had a fast food lunch in the food court while we were at the Mall; and then moved on to our main destination – a family entertainment center that opened earlier this year in an old, remodeled and re-purposed factory.

Going to SportsFusion was a rainy day plan B, but it was also a perfect place to get to have fun and spend time together.  Jacob and Miranda don’t get to play all that often, so it was even more special to be sharing one of those rare moments with them.  We started out slow with some mini golf, and worked our way up to rock climbing.  The zip line return to ground level from the pinnacle of the rock wall was cool too, and though the boys were more interested in laser tag than Miranda, Stephanie, Rebecca, and me; playing that together in a two-level maze was a lot of fun.

While I’m writing about that, and since the story will be making the gossip rounds by tomorrow anyway; yes, Michael and I did get caught ‘kissing the enemy’ during our girls against the boys match.  We weren’t the only couple sharing a kiss or two in the darkened maze – I just didn’t call Jacob and Miranda or Jake and Stephanie out on it.

Don’t deny it – I have the full-sensory memories for proof!

The ‘what’ we were doing wasn’t as important as creating the happy, fun memories before Jake and Stephanie will be away for most of the next four years.  Michael and I found out that we both love rock climbing, though that isn’t really surprising; since we love extreme biking, snowboarding, and pretty much every sport we’ve ever tried.  We were the only members of our group to climb the tallest rock wall more than once, but everyone went on the zip line at least twice.  That was the only activity we did more than once.  The round of mini golf we played took the most time, but we managed to try everything except the young kid activities before heading out for dinner.

Jacob and Miranda like to try out different restaurants whenever they get a chance to do that; and their pick for tonight was a Mediterranean-themed bistro in a big, old house with beautiful gardens that had been renovated into a two-story restaurant.  The main dining room was on the second floor, and the ground floor was set up for multiple purposes; including light dining, before and after dinner drinks, and live jazz music on the weekends.

Having dinner at a ‘real’ restaurant with a chef – and a want-to-be chef – adds a whole new dimension to the dining experience.  Everyone else at our table was used to that, but since I’ve always been willing to try new things; I fit right in.  Admitting that I could break down each dish into precise recipes wasn’t an option, but it was fun to watch Jacob and Jake try to do exactly that – with a success rate that was a little surprising to me.  I loved all of the food; and expect to see some of those appetizers and entrees make an appearance now and then on the Witch Falls Inn specials of the day menus.

After spending nearly two hours at the bistro, it was time to head home again.  The return trip to Witch Falls was a lot quieter, but after a busy play day; I was good with an hour and a half of cuddling with Michael while we mostly listened in on the conversation going on in front of us.  Rebecca was mostly quiet too; reading an e-book and having a short nap.  We had a little drink break and visit after getting home, but Jacob and Miranda needed to get to bed by then, and I went home at the same time that Jake and Stephanie left for her house; though they were out of sight before Michael and I got around to our goodnight kiss on his front porch.

That’s pretty much all of the news for today.  Ethan and Ehlana were in bed by the time I got home; Mom and Dad were getting ready to head for bed; and Violet was at Dillon’s house, helping out with some work they were doing to get ready for the party his parents were hosting on Friday.  Exchanging condensed versions of our daily updates didn’t take long, and then I came up to my room to start my bedtime routine with some Jacuzzi time.  I multi-tasked most of my nightly computing, and only had one little family business job to do that couldn’t wait until morning.  I cheated doing my hair, and hopped into bed with Mandy about fifteen minutes ago.  Rowen and I were having a little messaging chat, but she’s got my full report and didn’t have much to tell me about because she mostly just stayed indoors and read a couple of books while I was away.  We are going to need to make another trip to SportsFusion sometime soon so that she can check it out too.  Maybe I can swing that sometime around Michael’s birthday in September; and we can go with some other friends too.

Getting some sleep is fast moving up to the top of my immediate to-do list, though, so I’m going to wrap this up and get to that.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!