Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - August 10, 2013



I guess the only place to start with the report today is the goodbyes this morning.

For Jake and Stephanie; that was right before Tai Chi; because they had a morning flight to New York.  I made it over to Michael’s house just before Miranda and Jacob needed to wrap up their hugs and kisses and get to the Inn.  The bags were already loaded by then too, so Jake and Stephanie only spent a few more minutes saying goodbye to Rebecca, Michael, and me before Samantha nudged them to get going; and the three of them were on their way to the airport.

Michael came home with me for Tai Chi while Rebecca stayed to grab a shower and get dressed before joining us for breakfast too.  Mom and Dad had a long list of chores for me today, but before I got started on them, Michael came with me; and we went to say goodbye to Josiah, Isabelle, and Andrew.  The quick visit with Josiah was a bonus, because I was able to send a little gift with him for Chrissy instead of mailing it to her; and it’s because I don’t get to see Isabelle and Andrew much now that Isabelle doesn’t babysit for Mom and Dad anymore that I wanted to see them before they were away until Christmas.  There were other teens that I didn’t get to say goodbye to, but Michael wanted to spend extra time at the Inn for his parents; and I needed to get my chores done in time for his game.

I decided to get the dirty work out of the way first; and spent most of the morning working in the gardens and doing the rest of the messier chores before stopping for lunch.  By the time that work was finished, I seriously needed to hop into the river to wash off the worst of the grime; and then I sat on the dock with Ethan and Ehlana while we had a twenty-minute long picnic lunch break.  Mowing the lawn took the rest of the time I had until Rowen met up with me and we took Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi to the park in time to wish Michael and Tim good luck before the game started.

Naomi had been dropped off so that I could have her on my little cheerleading squad, but had been early enough for some play time with Ehlana and Ethan first.  Rebecca was on her afternoon break at the start of the game too, so she and Jenny helped us out for the first couple of innings before moving on.  The Wranglers were playing their second game against Palmer’s Posse; and this was a big match for both teams because the Ridge River Ranchers had pulled into the lead in their division with their third win of the season last weekend.

I hope our cheerleading helped to make the game more fun for the players and spectators, but I’m not going to suggest that the Wranglers couldn’t have won without us.  The game was close; each team had the lead twice; and the Posse just came up a run short today.  Michael assured my three junior cheerleaders that they did help him to play better; but all of the players on both teams looked like they were fired up and playing their best from start to finish.

While we could have gone to the Emporium for ice cream after the game, Rowen and I decided not to get in the way of the post-game festivities that the Wranglers and Posse were having there; and took our squad back to my house for ice cream cones and a swim.  We found out that Mom and Dad were hosting another impromptu barbeque dinner when we got back from the park, and after our snack and swim; Rowen and I were recruited to help out with the work – starting with setting up tables and chairs in the back yard.

The top dinner news, from a kid perspective, was the parent, aunt, and uncle announcement that we are going on a second-annual amusement park adventure on Monday and Tuesday.  I especially loved that we were going to have an even bigger group going this year.  Now that we have two doctors in town, Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne can come with us, and while we won’t have Jake and Stephanie there; Uncle Rick, Aunt Melissa, and Jillian’s parents are going to meet us there with Chris, Martin, Dawn, and Jillian; and Ethan and Ehlana will have Naomi and Aiden to play with this year too.

Rowen and I spent most of our time hanging out with Michael and Tim on the trip last year; but I’m sure it will be a lot different for Michael and me this time – in a best-ever kind of way!

Finding out about that kept all of us kids entertained during dinner, and Rowen and I were put in charge of kid control after we’d finished eating while the adults and teen cleaned up.  We took all of the younger kids, including Patrick and Scott, to the park for an hour before being set free to do our own thing for the rest of the evening.  We wandered around and didn’t do much of anything until meeting up with Michael and Tim once Michael was finished at the Inn for the night.

We’d planned on getting together with them anyway, but the amusement park trip news gave us something to talk about while we went swimming and then a walk around the new section of town.  Michael also had an update on Jake and Stephanie for us.  They’re safely to their hotel in New York after an uneventful flight; and are possibly still out doing a little sightseeing as I write this – or not.  Whatever they are doing, though, it doesn’t include writing email replies to Michael or me.  I’m sure that their adventures in and around New York will make for fun reading whenever Stephanie makes her Magi Journals available to other Magi some day.

Getting back to my own update for the day, there really isn’t much else to report.  With the upcoming trip and a busy Sunday ahead for most of us; we didn’t stay out late; and started splitting up on our way back from the new section of town.  Tim exited stage left when we turned right to walk up to Riverview Road; Michael and I did the goodnight hugs and kisses with Rowen in front of her house; and then we shared our minor fireworks moments on my front porch before he continued on to his own house.

After watching him until we were both ready to go inside, I came upstairs and hopped into my Jacuzzi for a quick soak.  I’ve been multi-tasking my computing too, including getting this journal update written, but it’s time to wrap this up; get out of the tub; dry my hair; finish the rest of my bedtime routine; cuddle with Mandy; and pass out for the next six hours and change.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!