Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cassie's Journal - December 25, 2012



Merry Christmas!

Mom and Dad – I mean Santa – gave me a saxophone, and the big guy must have had a sleigh full of musical instruments this year.  Rowen got a flute, and I found out that Michael had a saxophone under his tree this morning too when I popped over to wish them a Merry Christmas before going to exchange gifts with Rowen at her house.  I don’t want to know if Aunt Leanne had a chat with Santa first, though I’d love a picture of her sitting on Santa’s lap, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she did get involved; since the two saxophones are identical.

You can guess that I’m really fired up about my new saxophone, but let’s back up a bit; since there was a lot happening around here before we got around to opening gifts.

We actually slept in until seven-thirty, so we needed to get up and start working in the kitchen right away to get everything ready for when Grandma and Grandpa came over at eight to have breakfast with us.  That actually worked out great because we were able to open our stockings after they got here; and then sit down to have breakfast.  Being Magi Masters doesn’t keep Ethan, Ehlana, and me from having as much fun as every other kid on Christmas morning.  We all had a few chocolates and treats from our stockings before and after breakfast, and we played with some of the little toys and games on the dining room table while eating our food.  Grandpa was probably the biggest kid in the room, and he especially loved playing with Ethan and Dad – racing little cars back and forth between them while trying to avoid the small herd of dinosaurs that were migrating from the North to the South ends of the table.

Mom, Dad, and I were the clean-up crew this morning, and Ethan and Ehlana were put in charge of entertaining our guests until we were ready to join them in the living room and open our gifts.  With just the seven of us, we could take our time doing that, so we did; and packed a lot of fun into the nearly three hours we spent unwrapping presents, playing with toys, and watching a Christmas parade on television.  There must have been a few people in the know about what Santa had planned for me, since there were saxophone accessory gifts to go along with my favorite present.  Grandma and Grandpa gave me a cleaning kit for one of their gifts; Ethan and Ehlana had apparently picked out a neck strap that Ehlana had seen me looking at when I was picking out the one I gave to Michael.  There were also some music books, a box of reeds, and an instrument stand that is currently in the corner of my room with my saxophone set on it, and gleaming with the glow from the lights on the Christmas tree in the lounge.  I wonder if every musician feels like I have all day after getting their very own instrument for the first time.  I know for sure that Rowen feels exactly the same way I do; and it could be quite a while before I stop getting the warm fuzzies every time I pick that sax up and play it.

Since I’m thinking about the lights on the tree in the lounge, I’ll get that little Christmas surprise story out of the way now.  I didn’t find it until after carrying my gifts upstairs, but Michael apparently left a gift for me with Mom yesterday while I was out, and she put it under my tree in the lounge.  There is no doubt that Aunt Leanne will have some new ammunition to tease me with, but the delicate little dangling saxophone earrings and matching necklace are adorable; I love them; and he deserved the hug and kiss on the cheek.  I just hope that the witnesses of that moment at his house won’t give him a hard time about it – especially since he was spending most of the afternoon with Lisa today.

Rowen and I were able to spend nearly two hours together at her house before we both needed to move on to family dinners.  Since I had gifts for her parents and brother too, we opened gifts with them, and then spent the rest of the time in her room.  We had a little play time with our new instruments; listened to Christmas music; and played a new video game she got for Christmas while having a long Christmas chat.  After hearing about my visit to Michael’s house, I think she was wishing that she had an excuse to be hugging and kissing a certain boy too, but even though I couldn’t get her that for Christmas, we still managed to have fun; and her flute was definitely a best-ever-so-far Christmas gift.  I think the flute is a better gift than getting a boyfriend would be – and it’ll certainly need less maintenance!

I stopped in for a quick round of Christmas hugs and kisses at Aunt Leanne’s after leaving Rowen’s house, but I was still home again early enough to help Mom and Dad with the last half-hour or so of work getting dinner ready.  While I was out, Grandma, Grandpa, Ethan, and Ehlana had all taken short naps after watching a movie with Mom and Dad; so I hadn’t missed too much action while I was out.  We’d skipped lunch, and Mom had just put snack trays out for us to munch on when we got hungry so we could have an early dinner; and get the last bit of work out of the way with lots of time left for more Christmas fun.  There is a big difference between Christmas dinner when the whole family is home and when we just have Grandma and Grandpa with us, but it was just Mom and me for my first eight Christmases; to two ‘quiet’ Christmases we’ve had since moving here really aren’t by comparison.

What is the same is getting to have some really great food, and sharing the day with the people we love the most.  The bonuses are having so many more people to love; getting to spend the day with them; and Olde Bakery desserts.  I should also add that it’s really great having a hyper-metabolism on days like this too.  Trust me, I really needed it today!

I was on the clean-up crew again, but it didn’t really take all that long to get the work done – especially when Mom and Dad agreed that it was okay for us to take a shortcut and use a little Magi power to speed things along.  That left us lots of time to watch a movie and play with Ethan, Ehlana, and some of their toys before bundling up for the short walk down to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s home; where we ended up staying and playing with everyone there for nearly two hours.

Kara and Nicole were especially happy to have Ehlana and me to play with, and Ethan and Eddie hung out with Jonathan and the other guys while they mostly played video games.  There was still some work going on in the kitchen when we arrived, so Mom and Dad visited with most of the other grown-ups there while Grandma and Grandpa joined the other gramdparents who were relaxing in the living room and watching White Christmas.

Aunt Leanne was too busy to spend much quality time teasing me tonight, but she did manage to get a couple of sax-related zingers in during the two short visits she and Uncle Adam made to the third floor playroom.  That meant she also didn’t have much time to hear about the rest of my day, and what she did hear about didn’t include anything about Michael and me; even though I’m sure she’ll give me a hard time about that little omission when she finds out about it.  I’ll deal with that when it happens.

Mom and Dad started rounding us up at a bit after ten, and it was ten-thirty before we were on our way home again.  Grandma and Grandpa came with us, but only stayed long enough to gather up their gifts and some leftovers to take home with them.  Ethan and Ehlana were ready to go straight to bed then, but I wanted some quality time with my Jacuzzi after helping to tuck them in for the night.  I spent over an hour in the bathroom between having a long soak and then dealing with my wet hair, so Christmas Day was officially over by the time I climbed into bed with Mandy and my computer.

There were quite a few email waiting for me, so I took care of that first.  Top news was Aunt Grace’s first Christmas with Mark’s family, and it sounds like they were given quite a few gag gifts that were all related to their small town move plans.  Since we’re going to build a state-of-the-art medical center, Mark won’t need the Wild West doctor supplies, and when his family comes here for the wedding, I’ll make sure that Mom and Aunt Leanne take the girls to see Abby’s store so they can find out that Aunt Grace will have more options than flannel granny nightgowns.

Violet and Dawn had a really good Christmas too, though Violet really missed getting to spend the day with Dillon.  They’re both fired up about coming home in the morning; and Violet’s really glad that we didn’t get the snow that had been in the forecast, but had completely missed us except for a random snowflake here and there.  If they don’t get held up too much by traffic in Crystal Springs, Violet’s hoping to be here before lunchtime so they can get in on some of the Boxing Day shopping and sales.  Dillon’s going to be working at the Inn anyway, so if it was me; I’d probably do a little shopping in the city on the way through, but then Violet and Dawn get to do a lot more Mall time than I do, so it’s probably not a big deal to them.

I had a half-dozen Christmas report emails from friends and classmates, and it sounds like everyone has had a happy day.  There were some Boxing Day fliers posted on the town intranet; a bit of local news; and some Christmas pictures and music to look at and listen to from the concert Sunday night and Christmas Eve service.  My news, sports, and entertainment check didn’t take long, and once I finish writing this journal entry; I’m going to snuggle with Mandy and get some sleep so I’ll be ready for another fun shopping and play day.

This has been such a great, fun-filled Christmas that I feel like there should be so much more to write about – so many feelings and thoughts that are bigger and more than I can articulate.  We didn’t end up getting the white Christmas that I’d hoped for, but everything else was just as amazing as I used to imagine Christmas should be before coming to Witch Falls.  I may not capture every wonderful moment in this journal, but I will always have the memories.  Maybe some day I’ll turn all of them into videos just like we’ve done with turning them into pictures before.  Now that’d take our Magi archives to a whole new level!

For the rest of tonight, I’m just ready for some happy Christmas dreams and a good night’s sleep.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”