Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cassie's Journal - December 11, 2012

It’s been a fairly quiet, if busy, day around school and home.

The push for getting a last round of testing out of the way before the holidays continued, along with more intense lessons and project deadlines continued today, and that probably won’t let up at all until Friday or next Monday.  Rowen and I had our usual lunchtime music practice, and that was pretty much the only break we had all day – from the school work, and the Christmas dance night girl talk and gossip.

As an aside, it’s not like I don’t know that girls like to talk fairly graphically and intimately with their best friends about guys – my Mom and Aunt do that regularly – but there are things I just don’t need or want to know about either the boys or girls in my class and school.  Ditto that for pretty much everyone in my family too, but at least my favorite women mostly keep the not-safe-for-kids parts of their girl-talk for when Ehlana, Ethan, and I aren’t around.  That’s not always the case at school, and makes for moments when having some of my abilities can be embarrassing and uncomfortable – moments that will always be in my photographic memory.

Let’s move along, since I seriously doubt that very many Magi reading this some day will want those chat details about kids that could, in your present, be parents or grandparents.  I certainly wouldn’t want to know anything intimate about my grandparents, father, aunt, or uncle from when they were twelve or thirteen.

Rowen and I switched up our usual work night routine a bit so that we could work on a project together; so we did that, and the rest of our homework, at the computer store before she started working there, and I went home to spend an hour and a half in the office until dinnertime.  Dad’s going to be busy all week getting ready for his trip to Crystal Springs, so he went to work in the office right after we finished eating.  Mom and I cleaned up; we played with Ethan and Ehlana for a couple of hours; did the bedtime routine; and followed that up with a long Magi lesson after the twins were tucked in for the night.

I’ve been working in bed since finishing my lesson two and a half hours ago.  My archive assignment is done, but that took up most of the time, so I’m skipping the language studies.  There wasn’t much email to deal with tonight, since I’d caught up with most of that earlier while working on the family business; and the usual nightly entertainment, news, and sport checks didn’t take long either.  It’s late; there isn’t anything else to report; and I’m tired and ready to crash, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”