Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cassie's Journal - December 12, 2012

I’m not quite sure how I feel about the weather warming up again today.  It was nice for our after-school play time, but with less than two weeks to go; it’s not looking very good for a white Christmas in Witch Falls.  I haven’t really had very many Christmases with snow, but I do really love having a winter wonderland for the holidays.

While that little wish is looking unlikely for the near future, here in the now we’ve had a good, if unexciting, day.  There were more tests and some in-class project work time at school to keep us busy; and the dance on Friday was the top girl talk topic again.  Rowen and I seem to be the only girls not worrying about what we’re going to wear; potential date issues like bad dancing or fashion horrors; and stacking up in the hot and cool departments compared to the older girls.

That’s one area of acting my age that I’m not very good at.  I love dressing up as much as the next girl, but I do that for myself; and don’t really care what anyone else thinks.  Rowen thinks that’s really funny anytime we’ve talked about that; suggesting that none of the other girls – herself included – would care about things like fashion and hair as much either if they were going to grow up to look like my mother the way I will.  I can concede at least part of that point, but there must be more to it than that, since I don’t have any trouble playing my age for most other things.  Since continuing to write about the girl talk today will lead inevitably to more boy-girl weirdness; let’s not.

Rowen and I had some homework to get done after school, so we did that first before taking Ethan and Ehlana out to play for an hour or so.  The warmer weather was relative to the last couple of days of cold, so after Ethan finished checking out the football action, we only stayed at the playground for fifteen or twenty minutes; and then went for a little walk along the river to the falls before heading home again.  There was time for hot chocolate after that before Rowen needed to go over to the computer store; and I helped Mom with making dinner after that until Dad got home from the office.

It ended up being a bit of a work night around here after dinner.  Ethan and Ehlana are going to be finished Grade Nine by the holidays, so they studied while Mom and Dad were working in the office; and I took that time to get all of my archive and language studies done before we all stopped to do the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana at ten o’clock.  I was in my own bed by ten-thirty; blasted through the usual nightly computer checks; and if I wrap this up now, I’ll be on my way to dreamland by eleven o’clock for the first time in what seems like ages, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”