Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Cassie's Journal - December 23, 2012



Twas two nights before Christmas; and in my room and the lounge; only one kid and one kitty; were staying the night.

The sound of my keystrokes seems loud in here tonight after two fun sleepovers; though I also have the contrast to the Christmas concert at the church – especially the amount of noise that more than a thousand people can make before and after the show.  It’s been a long, exciting day, so let’s get started with the recap.

Mom, Dad, and I had company for Tai Chi.  Ethan woke up in time to come upstairs with them; and Ehlana and Rowen got up when I did.  The twins had to play normal toddlers while we had company in the house, so Dad and I helped Ethan and Ehlana with that before exercising; and then Mom and Rowen took over helping them while Dad and I started working on breakfast.  We ended up tag-teaming in the kitchen after Kara and Nicole woke up, and when Grandma and Grandpa came over; it was barely controlled chaos for a while.

I’m not suggesting that my grandparents brought the chaos with them, but their kids and grandkids had a very enthusiastic welcome home for them, and taking the fun level up a dozen notches had all of us fired up.  It’s a good thing that we got to have lunch with Grandma and Grandpa too.  We didn’t even come close to getting through home and away story time while having breakfast; and we were all running around after eating while either helping out in the kitchen or getting ready for church.

The morning service was awesome – or at least the part of it the kids and teens were there for was.  That was mostly because some of the teens performed a couple of songs and a skit that were previews for the Christmas concert.  In Sunday school, we had fun getting everything organized and ready for the concert set-up that was going to start shortly after lunchtime.  Rowen and I got to work with Stephanie and some of the other older girls; so that was bonus fun for us – especially when Stephanie had a pair of Violet and Dillon stories for me that Dawn had not written about in her email.

Rowen went home with her parents and brother after church, though that was just for a quick change before they’d be opening the store for the afternoon.  We were still going to be playing together for most of the afternoon, but I think the parents collectively decided that Ethan, Ehlana, and I should have a little alone time with Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, and Dad while we could have an hour or two together.  I’m really glad that we did get to do that, and as always; Grandpa had some great stories for us.

When we did meet up again to play, Rowen and I took Ethan and Ehlana with us; picked up Kara, Eddie, and Nicole; and went to the park for some chilly playground action.  There were lots of kids there, and Eddie and Ethan needed us to wander over to the football field to check out the action there for a while.  With lots of visitors, the pick-up football was more competitive than usual – or it would be more accurate to say that the boys needed to try harder to show off than usual.  That kept Ethan out of the game today, but he didn’t seem to mind, and he and Eddie just had fun watching and running around by the bleachers for a while until Eddie was bored and ready to move on.

There was hot chocolate and bakery snacks for us at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house when we got there; Kara, Eddie, and Nicole took care of most of the story time entertainment for their family; and then Rowen and I took Ethan and Ehlana home for some quiet Christmas fun time in the lounge until dinnertime.  Honestly, it felt a bit weird to be doing an easy dinner night at home instead of the buffet at the Inn we usually did the first Sunday that Grandma and Grandpa are home from a trip, but that wasn’t part of the holiday plans this year; and I guess it was nice not having to rush around to eat and get ready for the Christmas concert.  Rowen and I certainly had fun with Mom and Ehlana getting dressed up and spending a little extra time doing our hair in braids and curls.

The church was packed to overflowing, and every available space that could safely be used was filled with extra chairs.  I loved getting to see the finished set for the show, and it’s pretty cool to be a part of putting that together; even if it wasn’t a big deal compared to most of the work I do for the family business.  The backdrops, props, and decorations certainly set a perfect mood for the evening as we waited for the show to start.

It’s probably because of my initiation into the world of instrumental music that I appreciated the show tonight even more than in past years.  I’m even more determined to learn to play piano after tonight now too.  Mom would probably tell me that I’ve always been like this whenever I get fired up about learning new things, but music really is becoming something that touches me the same way my Magi gifts do.  The only thing that I don’t have an answer for is why it’s happening now.  Maybe I’ll study that sometime – but not tonight.

A lot of the teens were performing tonight, though there were the usual handful of regulars doing the solos, duets, and ensembles.  The skits were all entertaining, and often funny too; while the music ranged from heart-warming, sweet, and tearful to upbeat and joyous.  Ninety-five minutes and a standing ovation later, we all moved into the reception hall for drinks and snacks; and we spent nearly another crazy hour having fun with our family and friends before Mom and Dad took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home for the night.

Mom and Dad took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed, and I came straight up to my room to end my night with some quality Jacuzzi time.  After soaking in the tub a bit too long, spending extra time on my hair for the second time today, and doing the rest of the bedtime routine; I climbed into bed with Mandy and got started on an abbreviated check of email, news, sports, and entertainment.  There wasn’t any news from Woodvale or Granite Park tonight, but I did get an email from Aunt Grace assuring me that she and Mark were having a very happy Christmas weekend so far.  She didn’t offer much in the way of details, but I’m sure that Mom and Aunt Leanne will get her talking next weekend; and I’ll probably find out about more stories than I need to hear.

Rowen and I have a lot planned for our Christmas Eve day, and we’ll be playing and shopping with some of our favorite people too; so I should finish this up and get to sleep.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”