Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Cassie's Journal - December 13, 2012

We’ve had another nice day, though I didn’t spend much time outdoors enjoying yet another break from a winter that still really hasn’t arrived yet.

It was another busy day of classes at school, but Mrs. Warren advised us that the pressure is off now; and tomorrow is mostly going to be free time to wrap up any unfinished projects or late assignments.  For some of us, including Rowen and me, that’ll mean a free day to mostly just play on our computers or help some of our classmates with their work.  It’s a Day One Friday too, so that’s going to be even better.

Rowen and I split our lunchtime between eating, going for a little walk outside, and having our music practice; and that was mostly to stay as far away as we could from the worst of the girl chat.  I seem to end up writing about this stuff way too much, but there’s probably some value in documenting how I handle – or don’t – real tweenie life.  Hopefully Ethan and Ehlana will do better at this than I have so far since the rest of the kids in my grade all lost their minds.  Right now, for me, avoidance seems the best option, and though Rowen has a different reason for going along with me; I’m just glad to have the company.

As usual, I’m ready to move on instead of trying to deal with the weird, so let’s do that.  Rowen and I did the after-school homework thing again at the computer store, and then I worked in the office at home until dinnertime.  There isn’t much to report for my end of the family business.  Proposals that I’m dealing with right now are all from projects that won’t even start for anywhere from three months to a year or more.  I’m dealing with some end-of-year accounting too, but that’s mostly too boring to bother writing about here.  If I could re-write the accounting rules, my first principle of accounting would be: Keep It Simple, Stupid.  Ditto that for just about anything related to government, and between the two; life would get a lot easier for everyone.

Yeah, probably not going to ever happen, but I’m still hoping for snow for Christmas this year too.

It was an easy-dinner night at our house, and then we walked over to the Inn with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam for game night.  Rowen met me there, and there was a pretty good turnout of kids and teens this week.  Since I heard about it from Aunt Leanne off and on all night, I’ll get it out of the way now that Lisa and Michael were paired up for the junior competition.  I actually thought that was a good thing, since having Lisa there would keep Aunt Leanne from her matchmaking efforts on me, but getting teased off and on all evening wasn’t all that much of an improvement.

Michael and Lisa weren’t the only couple there from our class tonight, and while I was occasionally annoyed by my favorite aunt; Rowen had to deal with her favorite guy playing with his girlfriend.  That had her fired up in a bad way because the happy couple was obviously more interested in having their own fun than in the gaming action.  We managed to have a little fun whispering possible solutions to her little problem back and forth even if we can’t actually do any of those things to him.  Miranda probably wouldn’t like it if we made it rain in her dining room either, or any of the other ideas we had – even if it was only on one person.

She’d think it was hilarious; but wouldn’t like it.

Anyway, getting back to the recap, Rowen and I didn’t do very well in the games tonight, but she did keep it together enough to make sure that we finished a few places ahead of the oblivious target of her irritation.  I’ll guess that we’re going to be in for an interesting time at the dance tomorrow night.  Rowen and I left the Inn ahead of everyone else, and I walked her home so we’d have some time to talk by ourselves; and then I did the bedtime routine with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana before coming up to my room.  A long soak in the Jacuzzi was next on my to-do list, and I didn’t even take my computer in with me tonight.

That meant getting a later start than usual to my archive and language studies, and I still put in two hours on that before moving on to the email, news, sports, and entertainment checks.  It’s going on two-thirty now, but I’m ready to mostly take the weekend off; so that was worth missing a little sleep for.  I am ready to crash, and there isn’t anything else to cover, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”