Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cassie's Journal - June 5, 2012

Family business and computer store work was mostly suspended today so that Rowen and I could study with some of our classmates after school today; though I did get some work done tonight after coming up to bed.

One thing that I should note, and which I spent some time writing about tonight in our Magi project journal, is my observations over the past two days of the Magi, latent, and non-Magi students – particularly among the teens. This is the first round of final exams and tests I’ve gone through since being able to tell the difference between the three groups, and knowing who all of the Magi kids and teens are; so it’s been way more interesting to watch that than my sixth-grade tests have been.

Without being able to talk with any of the other kids and teens about it, I can’t be sure about whether there are other factors affecting them, but when looked at in groups, there are definite, observable differences with how the students are acting and working this week. I think I’ll ask Mr. Palmer if I can get the test results – or better yet, copies of all of the completed tests – to use for our Magi project. I already know that not all Magi kids are top students in their respective classes, though you’d think that we all should be considering our advantages; and I’d love to find out why. There are so many factors to consider that getting to the bottom of that answer could prove to be a real challenge.

Depending on who is reading this, that may sound very boring, so for your benefit, I’ll direct those who are interested in the subject over to the Magi Project archive; though I should warn you that Uncle Adam has recently been writing about Magi puberty for both boys and girls, so be afraid – very afraid! (Yes, I am and will continue to be part of that study; which is weird, but I’ll keep telling myself that Ehlana – and any future Magi Master girls – will appreciate. That thought keeps me from running and hiding every time Uncle Adam wants to question me, or when he and Mom use me as the guinea pig during our Magi Healing lessons.

That seems like a very good point to stop at and move on.

Our Real Estate Rovers practice was fun tonight, and Rowen and I both think that we’re ready for the game on Saturday. Writing about baseball after commenting on Magi education and physiology seems funny to me; but from an eleven-year old Magi Master’s perspective, the baseball is just as – or more – important. That does give me a good idea for another section in our Magi Project archive – a sports and games section! We should definitely study how well the Magi play with the other kids. None of us can use our full abilities in any games or sports, but there’s still a big difference between, for instance, how Mom and Dad play games compared to Aunt Leanne and me. I know that we can’t do it, but you have to admit that Magi-powered baseball games would be seriously cool to play and watch!

I was fairly dusty after practice, so my bath time came before Ethan and Ehlana’s. We did do story and snack time together with Mom and Dad, and then we all went to bed early. That’s why I’m already doing this, and it’s barely past midnight. The family business work that I needed to get done is out of the way; I’ve done two half-hour chats in two different languages; and read two novels in those same two languages. The email updates were light, and the entertainment and news check didn’t take long either. That’s all the news I have for tonight, and I’m ready to get some rest now, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!