Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cassie's Journal - June 18, 2012

Happy 17th Birthday, Violet, and welcome back to your home away from home!

Before Violet got home by mid-afternoon, we’d already been up early to see Dad off for his week in the city; Mom and I had exercised by the river; done a quick breakfast; and then I was set free to spend the morning playing with Rowen. Mom had Alicia starting her Monday to Friday summer job, and I’m sure she was very happy to have the extra help around the house and with taking care of Ethan and Ehlana.

It definitely felt more like summer vacation had really started now that we weren’t in school on a weekday. Rowen and I spent our first morning of freedom biking, playing at the park, and swimming in the river. Lunch was at my house, and we took Ethan and Ehlana with us to eat our sandwiches and salads down by the river. We went for a little canoe ride after that, followed by a cool-off swim, and then we had just enough time to dry off before Violet pulled her car into the driveway.

While we’d been playing, she’d done a birthday breakfast at home that included a few of her friends, and then she drove to Crystal Springs in time to have lunch with Dad before making the rest of the trip to Witch Falls. Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie were all at our house by then, but even with the extra competition, I still managed to be second in line for hugs with her – conceding first place in line to Dillon; since they hadn’t seen each other since Memorial Day.

I was put to work after that, and Rowen stayed to help me as we first were assigned porter duties for luggage deliveries to the third floor, and then helped Mom with the birthday dinner barbeque that we were semi-hosting; though it was mostly for Dillon, Violet, Jake, Stephanie, and some of their friends. The bonus for us was that we got to help out with the eating part of the party; and Jake and his Dad were grilling the entrees while Mom, Grandma, Aunt Leanne, Aunt Deborah, Mrs. Jacobs, and Stephanie had all been recruited for side dishes and desserts.

My party involvement – along with the grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles – ended with the dinner cleanup. Rowen and I were off and playing again once the work was done, and we biked and played at the park until dark while the teens ruled my backyard. There was a campfire lit by the time I got home after going with Rowen to her house and visiting with her Mom and Dad for a while; but other than taking Ethan and Ehlana out back for a round of goodnight hugs and kisses, I stayed inside for the rest of the night. Mom and I put Ethan and Ehlana to bed by ten, and I’ve been in my room since then. After a long play day, I was definitely in need of some Jacuzzi time. Since then, though, I’ve mostly been working on my computer while sitting in the window alcove and watching some of the campfire action.

Rowen and I have most of this week off from work, though she’ll be working at the store again starting this Saturday morning. I don’t think that Mom and Violet have worked out their work and lessons plans yet, though while I’m thinking about that, I should add in an Isabelle and Andrew update. We would have loved to have Isabelle work with us again this summer, but she didn’t want to put Alicia out of a job, so she’s helping out at KidZone – the daycare that Sharon White and Colleen Sparks started up last fall. Thanks to the extra summer help, the little daycare will be doing a summer program for the younger school-age kids. Andrew’s doing some freelance computer work that just happened to come from one of the companies in our family business; though Andrew doesn’t know that. They were both honors students for their freshman year, and though I don’t see either of them much except at church or around town; Isabelle is a regular on my email network.

Anyway, it’s getting late, and it looks like I’ll have to wait until at least tomorrow to get to spend much time with Violet; so I’m going to call it a night and go to bed.

Live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!

P.S. Violet didn’t get any cars for her birthday this year, but she did love the gifts that Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, and I got for her; along with the rest of the presents she was given here and back home. I didn’t really think about how close her birthday is to Ethan and Ehlana’s, but I’ll bet that with four sleeps left until their big day that they sure are now! (And no, they’re not getting cars for their first birthday either.)