Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Oct. 8, 2011

Sometimes there are some really cool, if mundane advantages to being a Magi Master. For instance, I’m happily up to my neck in hot, swirling water while working on my computer, which is sitting on the vanity; and Telepathically chatting with Mandy while she baths herself in the window alcove in the other room. The main reason that I’m multi-tasking like this is because I’m trying to get everything done so I can go to bed early after a very long day of yard and house work.

It feels like our Tai Chi by the river this morning was the last quiet time I had until now, if you consider chatting with Mandy; taking care of some family business email; and writing this journal entry quiet time. We’re just barely getting started on what will be weeks of fall cleaning, but Mom and Dad reminded me that we’ll be taking next weekend off because of the Fall Festival and Aunt Leanne’s birthday; so we did need to get ahead of the work today instead.

My jobs for the day included the usual grass cutting; helping to rake the yard; work in the gardens with Mom when she had time to do that while the twins were napping or Alicia was watching them; and sweeping the porches, sidewalks, and driveway. We had a late lunch and later dinner, and after doing the dinner cleanup; Mom, Dad, and I spent an hour playing with Ethan and Ehlana before the feeding they’re doing with Mom and Dad now while I’m in here.

The family business email tonight is mostly retail business reports related to the Halloween season. I need to keep up with all of those reports, but don’t generally have to get involved with anything at the operations level unless I see opportunities that can help my companies. On the family front, I didn’t get any email from Aunt Grace or Mark today in answer to my email yesterday. I’m sure they think that’ll keep me from finding out what’s going on this weekend; but I learned computers from a PhD tech genius, and just doing that wasn’t enough.

First of all, if you don’t want your family and friends to know where you are; either don’t check your email, or don’t allow read receipts! That nailed down the hotel where they were when they read my email; the times they respectively did that; and I’ll just go ahead and guess that Mark and Aunt Grace only have one room there. The medical conference that Mark is supposedly attending has a very nice website too, but probably isn’t quite up-to-date; since Mark’s name isn’t on the attendee’s list. The only hard decision I have now is deciding whether to tell Mom and Aunt Leanne now, or risk their wrath for holding back on them and saving the fun for when we see Aunt Grace at Thanksgiving.

That reminds me to send another email to Dawn. With a little luck, she, Jillian, and Violet will be here next Friday in time to spend at least a few hours at the festival, but the early forecast for next weekend is for cool nights; and they’ll want to pack accordingly. The good news is that Sunday is the only day they’re calling for any rain right now; and Saturday should be the best of the three days.

I’m starting to wrinkle up; so it’s time to wash my hair and finish getting ready for bed. The good news is that Rowen and I are both done our work for the weekend, and tomorrow is going to be a play day for us. We’ll need the break to get ready for next week when we’ll have rides to watch getting built and all of the Fall Festival fun to go along with our usual school, work, and play schedule. This week has definitely become one of my very favorites of the year!