Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Oct. 11, 2011

We’ve had another beautiful Fall day in Witch Falls, but Rowen and I were too busy with school and work to enjoy much outdoor time except at lunch and recesses. The good news there is that I’m well on the way to having all of the work I want to do this week out of the way so that I can take the weekend off to play.

There isn’t any major news to report today from school or around town, and it was one of those teaching-only days in all of our classes. I’m pretty sure that most of the kids at school had their permission forms for our Friday at the Festival handed in today; and speculation about which favorite rides would be setup this year, along with making plans for the weekend kept most of us entertained in between classes.

I walked Rowen to the store after school, and then went home. Mom had an after-school snack ready, so I joined her, Alicia, Ethan, and Ehlana for a short visit before going into the office and working until dinnertime. My homework didn’t take long, and the family business work was at least challenging and engrossing if not amazingly fun. Getting to watch my investment portfolio grow, and see how many more people we’ve been able to help with our charities because of that is great, and is definitely worth all of the work.

Dad was in the office again as soon as we had the kitchen cleanup done, and Mom and I spent a couple of hours working on lessons with Ethan and Ehlana. There’s no point in me duplicating everything that Mom’s keeping track of for their development in the archives; but we’re both constantly amazed at how quickly they’re learning everything. I know it wouldn’t be the same for other Magi kids; but it does make me wonder if the right pairings or groups of Magi might end up with similarly accelerated learning by doing their lessons together. Rowen is probably learning a bit faster since we found out about each other, but that’s not the same; since there’s a big difference in our abilities.

We moved into the office after the lesson was over, and I helped Mom with getting set up to nurse Ehlana and Ethan before getting back to work on my computer. Dad joined in for the Telepathic chat and story time; and then he took a break to help put the twins in their cribs for a nap while I kept working. Rowen and I have after school plans at the park to watch midway rides being assembled – like most of the younger kids in town do – so I continued to work until Mom and Dad stopped for the night too when Ethan let all of us know that he was ready to be fed again at about a quarter past twelve.

While not nearly as important as Magi lessons or working on the family business, I’ve been getting up-to-speed on the latest entertainment news since climbing into bed with Mandy. I took care of my email as they arrived through the evening, and everyone I usually keep up with, except Mark, are long-since in bed and sleeping. One good thing about staying up late is that it is easier to find out what happened on Glee, Dancing with the Stars, or any of the other current Tuesday night favorites. Now that I have this journal entry nearly finished, and I’m ready to keep up with the usual morning, recess, and lunch conversations; it’s time for me to get some rest too.

It’s nearly one, so let’s call it two and a half more sleeps until the start of the Fall Festival. This feels like a big holiday without the presents; though in Aunt Leanne’s case, she gets the presents too. How cool must that have been getting to celebrate her birthday with midway rides, games, and everything else that goes on at the festival? Now that I think about it, her Grade Six, eleventh birthday would have been on the Friday school day at the festival. Hopefully her Thirtieth birthday will be just as great!