Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Oct. 22, 2011

Our house looks awesome!

Dad surprised me with some new Halloween decorations that he picked up while in Crystal Springs; the best one being a skeleton with glowing eyes.

The yard work came first, and I worked hard all day, but we did manage to have fun while we worked; and the two hours of decorating was definitely the most exciting. For the next week and change, we have a spooky graveyard in the front yard that has gloved hands or boots coming out of some of the graves among other props. The new skeleton went on the front porch next to the stairs, and it looks really creepy at night with the eyes glowing in the dark. There are giant bats and spiders, and a Witch that I made with old clothes and stuffed with leaves. She’s hanging out in a lawn chair at the bottom of the stairs, and will have a few things to say and laugh about with the kids on Halloween night; thanks to a little motion-activated technology. Dad helped me with setting up a few spotlights, and he took care of the pair of ghosts on the porch roof too.

We didn’t finish working until it was nearly dark out, and had a late, easy-work dinner. Rowen came over to hang out with me for a couple of hours, and we mostly talked Halloween and about what we were going to do for our costumes. It sometimes amazes me the peer pressure that we have to deal with for things like Halloween. A costume faux pas can haunt you for the rest of your life – especially in a small town like ours! Our bandit costumes last year worked, but Rowen advised me that recycling them for this year wouldn’t be a good idea.

I loved her suggestion to do something with Ethan and Ehlana; and after talking that over with them, and Mom and Dad, we decided to go as twin baby ventriloquists with their walking, talking kid ‘dummies’ carrying them around. Ethan and Ehlana want to actually do their own talking, but Mom and Dad want to see if we can work out a way to pull that off or not first before giving us permission to do it. Option two wouldn’t be as much fun, but Rowen and I could pull off the act too. The only other condition for our plan is that we need permission to take the twins to school with us for the Halloween party. I’m sure that won’t be a problem; since everyone in town loves my brother and sister.

Rowen stayed until a bit after ten, and then I spent a little quality time with my Jacuzzi that I really needed for more than one reason after working all day. I’ve been in bed, playing and working on my computer for over an hour now, and as I’m writing this, I wonder what a non-Magi would think about a Magi of the Light being so excited over Halloween. The first thing I would say in answer to that is to point out that Halloween is now just a time to have fun and enjoy life with your family, friends, and neighbors. As a Magi Master, I can assure you that God has a sense of humor, and if you doubt me; just spend a day hanging around a group of Grade Six boys – you’ll be convinced (and fairly annoyed too).

I wouldn’t be able to add this, but Magi Masters do know the truth behind all of the legends, and the archives include extensive studies that Mom didn’t even need to push me to read as she did with the less entertaining study materials. Some of those tails – I mean tales – are as awful as the Witch hunts were for the Magi of the Light; and just as wrong. What’s important to the issue of Halloween, though, is that it is absolutely okay to go out and have fun.

Right now, my idea of fun is a few hours of sleep. Mom and Dad both have work to do on Sunday afternoon, but Rowen and I are going to have a play day; work on our costumes and act; and help out with Ethan and Ehlana. We’ll need the break – the last week of October is shaping up to be one of those great ones.

P.S. Grandma and Grandpa are in Peru, and their trip went smoothly. I kept an eye on my link with them all day; which I’ll probably be doing for a long time for everyone that I can do that with when they’re away on trips. They’ll be sightseeing for their first day in Peru, but we’re going to try a link with them sometime after dinner. That should make for a fun telepathic story time for all of us.