Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cassie's Journal - August 6, 2012

I’m totally, unequivocally, and permanently in love; and don’t care who knows it!

Yes, that’s right – I’ve crossed over; and there’s no going back.

Now before you get all giddy about that (Aunt Leanne), you should probably know that I’m talking about thrill rides; and amusement parks in general. Yes, Mom has taken me to a couple of parks before now, but this is the first time I’ve been tall enough for most of the rides, and I didn’t meet a thrill ride today that I didn’t absolutely love.

I should back up and start from the early morning wake-up call. I was already up and moving by the time Mom came upstairs to get ‘the girls’ out of bed, so I helped her with waking Violet, Dawn, and Jillian. Three out of four of us were all downstairs and helping Dad with getting the truck and van packed long before Chris and Martin joined us. Jillian was drafted to help Mom with Ethan and Ehlana. The travel plan was to be on the road by five o’clock, and since all of the kids and teens were motivated, we did everything we could to help make that happen.

Our house was convoy central, and we were ready to go by the time the Stones and Emersons parked their vans at the curb. Mom, Dad, and Violet were all driving; and there were only two things left to do before we hit the road – distribute five boxes of Olde Bakery breakfast treats, and get loaded into our assigned vehicles. Mom was getting Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, Ethan, Ehlana, and me in the van with her. We decided to take turns with who got to sit up front with her; and Dawn got the first shift. Rowen’s parents had Patrick, Scott, Michael, and Tim with them, while Jacob and Miranda were taking Jake, Stephanie, Rebecca, and Jenny. Dad had Chris, Martin, and Jonathan in the truck, and Chrissy, Alicia, and Erin Green were going with Violet and Dillon.

The drive was long and forgettable, but we were at the amusement park in time to get in the short lines that were forming just ahead of the gates opening for the day. That was our first hint that there were some real advantages to having weekdays off instead of weekends. Getting into the park didn’t take long, and the parents kept us busy with getting into groups; laying down a few rules; and making sure that there was at least one cell phone with the groups that weren’t going to be hanging out with adults. That wasn’t a problem for Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, and me, since we were going to have parental supervision all day. Alicia and Erin should be included in that supervisory group, but if they were hanging out with us, it was to go on rides that Mom and Dad wanted nothing to do with – meaning anything that spins faster than a carousel.

Chris, Martin, Jonathan, Rebecca, and Jenny were allowed to run free, though Violet, Dillon, Jake, Stephanie, and Chrissy went along with them mostly because they wanted to hit the same first rides of the day. Once they’d left us, the parents, Alicia, and Erin were left with five boys and five girls; which left them slightly, but manageably outnumbered. Before you try going there, Aunt Leanne, Ethan and Ehlana were the only pairing that could even remotely be considered a couple. The rest of us kids were definitely split into guys and girls groups for most of the day. Nothing to see here, so move along.

Okay, so we’ve reached the start of what was the first thrill ride adventure for four of us where we could go on most of the rides. Dawn, Jillian, Patrick, and Scott were still a year or two away from joining that club with Rowen, Michael, Tim, and me; but there were more than enough rides that they could go on to keep them entertained; and nearly all of the water park slides, rides, and pools were open to them too. I’m sure that Ethan and Ehlana wished they could go on all of the rides with us, but that’s one of the down sides to being toddler Magi Masters. I’ve been there; done that; and can relate.

I didn’t meet a thrill ride that I didn’t love, but the free-fall skycoaster was at the top of my list. Rowen wasn’t at all sure that she wanted to give that one a try, so I ended up going on it the first time with Michael and Tim; and then one more time after talking Rowen into giving it a try. Hopefully, it won’t be the last ride I’m able to talk her into going on with me. She didn’t find the experience nearly as much fun as I did. We both loved every rollercoaster, and went on every one of them twice today. Rowen didn’t want to go on some of the wilder spinning rides, but Michael and Tim went on all of the rides, and Alicia, Erin, or a parent or two would come with us.

If there’s a real, paying job out there for someone to travel the world, testing thrill rides, I’d like to talk with Ethan and Ehlana about revising the future we see for me. Designing and building an extreme, Magi-powered rollercoaster crossed my mind a few times today too, but Mom would likely have a problem with that. Then again, I could make a ride like that without building anything. No, Mom probably wouldn’t let me use my Telekinesis on the minivan for something like that either. Too bad – that’d be even cooler than the skycoaster!

So our morning was filled with non-stop thrill rides; though our group split up here and there to do different things. Mom and Dad made sure that Ethan and Ehlana had fun with some kiddie or family rides that they could go on together, and going to see some of the shows that were going on at venues all over the park. We were all together for lunch, and then Chris surprised some of us when he decided to stay with our group instead of with Martin, Jonathan, Rebecca, and Jenny. I wasn’t surprised, since it was fairly obvious by then that Chris was feeling like a fifth wheel, but that little change took a completely weird-free day and added a new twist that didn’t really become obvious until we all went to spend a few hours playing at the water park during the hottest part of the day. I don’t have any idea what happened, or maybe it was just entirely due to teenage girls in swimsuits, but by dinnertime; Chris had definitely developed a thing for Alicia.

I’ll give him points for good taste, and Alicia may be flattered by the attention; but I’ll put the chances of that love connection happening at zero.

Dinner was at a water-themed restaurant, and then it was back to the thrill rides for the rest of the evening. Alicia and Erin were free to play for the evening; and accepted Stephanie’s invitation to go along with them. Chris wasn’t included in that invitation, but from what I heard later, the older teens had five extra teens and tweens just happening to be everywhere they were for the rest of the evening. While most of us played right up until the park closed for the night, Mom and Dad left early with Ethan and Ehlana so they could take care of the hotel check-in, and then Mom stayed there with the twins while Dad returned in time to pick up a truckload of kids and passing off Mom’s van to Patricia so she could drive Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, and me to our hotel.

I know what the hotel room arrangements were supposed to be tonight, and I can confirm that Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, and I are in our room as planned. We ended up with a boy in our room too, but that was only because Ethan and Ehlana decided that they’d rather hang out with us than in Mom and Dad’s room; so we moved the portable playpens we’d brought for them into our room. Let’s not comment on why we thought that Mom and Dad might prefer having a room to themselves. Since we saw them when we stopped by for goodnight hugs and kisses with Rowen’s parents, we know that Michael, Tim, Patrick, and Scott were all in their assigned room – the one adjoining Owen and Patricia’s room. Hopefully Miranda and Jacob aren’t playing room roulette tonight, but I don’t think we can be all that sure about some of the other teen and tween guests of the hotel.

The teens – and Rebecca and Jenny – had mostly been booked two to a room, except for odd teens out Jonathan and Chrissy; who each had their own rooms. I’m not going to comment on what is probably going on even as I write this except to point out that there were some very suspicious smiles that I seriously doubt were caused by some contagion in the air or water. I reserve the right not to comment on anything I may find out between now and tomorrow morning – especially when we’re potentially talking about actions involving some of my cousins and two of my best – if temporarily incapacitated – friends.

Anyway, the hotel is great, and our room has an awesome view, but we’re not exactly enjoying the amenities around here. Dawn and Jillian fell asleep about ten minutes after we got back from a round of goodnight hugs and kisses with the parents. Ethan and Ehlana are sleeping too, though I can tell they’re not very comfortable in their playpens. Rowen and I have been watching a little television and chatting while I’ve been doing my usual nightly computing. I sent a few first day report email out to Aunt Leanne, Aunt Deborah, and Aunt Grace; took care of a couple of family business email; and am going to call it a night once this journal entry is done.

Make that now. Ethan just woke up; and I’m suddenly seeing a pair of cute little cuddle buddies for Rowen and me in our immediate future.

One amazing, perfect, remember forever day down, and one more to go!

Live from a hotel room just minutes away from one of my new favorite places ever so far; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!