Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cassie's Journal - August 11, 2012

Congratulations Rob and Trish!

I know you’ll never read this, but I really do hope that you’ve had an amazing start to your new life together.

Their wedding wasn’t particularly big news around town today even if Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were all thinking about Aunt Leanne; her new family; and Rob and Trish in particular. Our day was probably tame by comparison, though we had some fun too.

Morning Tai Chi and breakfast was followed by a few hours of yard work. Chris helped out with that; taking care of my usual lawn cutting job while Martin needed to be somewhere else. I’ll take one wild guess and suggest that Jenny needed to be in the same place with him. I’d have rather cut the grass, but Dawn, Jillian, and I could at least talk together as we weeded the gardens and cleaned up the porches, sidewalks, driveway, and back yard paths. Mom and Violet spent most of the morning getting everything ready for a picnic and play afternoon at Quarry Lake, and we all headed out there by twelve-thirty.

We had Jenny, Rowen, Patrick, and Scott with us this afternoon, but I wasn’t surprised when Rebecca decided not to go with us. Jonathan probably won’t be back to Witch Falls again until Thanksgiving, and though I haven’t lost my mind and crossed over; I do understand that three and a half months or so is a long, long time when you’re twelve or thirteen and dealing with first loves. Just as an aside on the subject of Rebecca and Jonathan, even though I’m sure they’re not a match anyway, it might have been interesting to find out what kind of Magi potential the children of a pair of grandkids might have had with their family lines.

Anyway, while we had a comparatively small group today, some of Chris and Martin’s friends came out to the lake too; though that really wasn’t a big deal for Rowen, Dawn, Jillian, and me. We mostly did our own thing or played with Mom, Dad, Violet, Ethan, and Ehlana. I’d add Patrick and Scott to that little list too, except for the fact that they tried their very best to annoy us anytime they were around us; and that definitely wasn’t fun.

Side note: I should amend that, since Dawn and Jillian both were doing way too much giggling around Patrick and Scott. I wonder if Uncle Rick and Jillian’s father should be warned that they may be crossing over early.

Okay, so we had a picnic lunch; a few hours of sun and fun at the lake; and then it was time to head home again. We were having another barbeque, with the only additions from Quarry Lake being Rowen’s parents. All of the kids and teens were drafted for the work crews, and it took a while to unload the truck, van, and Violet’s car; set up tables and chairs in the back yard; make dinner side dishes that included corn on the cob and three salads; grill four entree options; and get the fire pit set up for the campfire we were going to end the day with.

From that point on, it’s been a bit of a strange night for me. Martin and Jenny are now about where Jonathan and Rebecca were on Thursday night; though they’ve definitely been the more serious of the two couples too. They were at the campfire for a while, but had gone for a canoe ride after dinner; and a walk somewhere at around eleven o’clock when Mom and Dad took Ethan and Ehlana in to bed. We had the usual neighbor drop-ins, with most of the Stone family, Stephanie, and Dillon joining us after the Inn closed. Rebecca didn’t come with her parents and brothers, but I did notice her sitting out on their dock later; and wandered over for a little chat and a couple of goodnight hugs that probably didn’t help much at all.

I think that one of the reasons I’ve been feeling a bit strange tonight is that I’m actually ready to get back to something a bit closer to normal around here after three weeks of cousin vacations while being sorry that it’s almost over too. Martin might be wishing he could stay until the long weekend, but I think that Chris, Dawn, and Jillian are all ready to go home now too. It’s possible that nearly everyone else around the campfire had hit their fun quota too, because the party started wrapping up at midnight. Rowen stayed overnight again, but our last girl chat with Dawn and Jillian practically ended before it really got started in the lounge when my cousin and her best friend both fell asleep about ten minutes after getting comfortable on the sofa.

Rowen and Mandy are both sleeping now too, but I’ve been playing on my computer again. I wasn’t waiting up for Martin or anything, but he’s home a bit earlier than I expected – before one o’clock. Mom and Dad were still up then, and so were Violet and Dillon, but Dillon will likely be going home soon; and it shouldn’t be much longer before everyone here is sleeping. I’m done with today’s report, and ready to get to that part of my night, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!