Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - January 22, 2023

 

Ethan and Ehlana:

I do not have a lot of news for today, but Ehlana is going to take over to write about something that I definitely do not want to cover in our journals – or really anywhere else! ;^)

Before we go there, our top news of the day is that the hometown members of the Johnson clan made it home again in time for the late buffet at the Inn; we got to hear all about their adventures from Brianna and Zack while at the Inn for that meal; and that was the top entertainment for our day.  We had a good morning with Tai Chi, a hot breakfast, and our adventures at church and Sunday school.  Lunch with Mom and Dad was quick and easy; Dad had to work in the office after that; and we spent the afternoon hanging out with Naomi and Aiden.  We did a band practice; watched a movie; and had a lazy few hours until it was time to head for the Inn.  Our evening included a Magi lesson with Mom; some family business work; and bath or Jacuzzi time.  Now I’ll leave the rest of this update to Ehlana; and let’s also pretend that I’m not here and still chatting with her while she covers the commentary that I don’t want to cover because I’m a guy!

 

***

Let’s talk about menstrual cycles – and now you already know why Ethan didn’t want to go there!

I have not written about this yet because even for girls, it seems weird, but it is a fact of life; and one that doesn’t get written about very often by Magi Masters – a fact that I was reminded of recently.  I’m not actually going to get into a long commentary on this.  Cassie did a pretty good job of covering this in her personal and medical journals; so I’m mostly going to write about a couple of personal observations that might add to that information.

First up, I want to mention that I helped some of my friends with regulating their cycles the way that Cassie taught me for what she did to help Rowen.  I won’t go into the details for each of those friends, but I am glad that I could help with making this easier for them.  Cassie and Rowen matched up their cycles too, and I’ll admit that Naomi and I decided to do that too specifically because of that precedent and because that seems to still work out pretty well for them.  There was a bit more time between the start of Naomi’s cycles and mine, but that doesn’t really matter; since I was easily able to make adjustments.  I also want to add for the record that our decision on that – for Naomi and me – had nothing to do with saving Ethan from dealing with our cycles for two out of every four weeks! ;^)

Let’s also add that I used Cassie’s advice for each girl that I helped when it came to timing their cycles to basically avoid weekends; and that works out really great too.  Finally, I want to mention that having the control we do over our cycles makes everything about it easier; and I mean that from a mental level as well as physical.  As Magi and Magi Masters, we need to maintain our emotional control all of the time anyway, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have the same challenges as other girls, and since it would be a problem if we lost control; having my abilities to regulate my body to this level is not just a bonus but possibly necessary.

That should be enough for my contribution to helping future Magi girls with this information; so I’ll only add one more bit of information for those future readers of this journal.  Future Magi Healers will be trained to help with menstrual cycles not only for Magi but also for ‘normal’ girls so that they can help with extreme cases.  I know that might be weird for girls to talk about with guys, but Uncle Adam has learned about this from Mom and Cassie; and we are continuing to work on a full training program for Magi Healers that will take that talent in future Magi to all-new levels.  I didn’t want to get into the weeds on that; and my point was only that Magi girls of the future will have even more options for help with this little part of our lives; and I can assure you that some of our Moms and Grandmothers are more than a little jealous! ;^)

Okay, that’s enough for me; and Ethan has managed to survive my takeover for writing our journal tonight; so I’ll wrap this up and return his computer to him now.

Until next time, live with love, fellow Magi of the Light!