Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Cassie's Journal - May 20, 2012

This week has been weird, with a lot of work, and a little fun mixed in. Let’s start this recap with the weird.

Shopping. Yes, I know, there shouldn’t be anything weird about that, but in this case, weird definitely fits. Rowen and I try our best not to talk much about it – or even think about it – but that doesn’t mean we can avoid the inevitable.

Get to the point and be done with it, Proctor!

Rowen and I went to Palmers with the Moms yesterday morning to get our first training bras.

Our first introduction to the ‘back room’ was definitely high on the weird scale for two girls doing their very best to avoid crossing over. This was one of those times when having a photographic memory is not something I’m happy about having, and let’s not even talk about some of the lingerie and underwear that Mom and Patricia were looking at while Abby was busy with Rowen and me. They didn’t buy anything, but I won’t be surprised if they both stop in again for a little shopping next week sometime.

I know that lots of the girls reaching this little milestone are very excited about first bras, but in my one weekend of experience; it’s mostly just annoying – like having to put a swimsuit top on under my clothes. Rowen sort of agreed with me, but I think she also likes wearing her bra a lot more than I do. Abby did at least make sure that the bras she helped us to pick out were comfortable. Dad and Ethan didn’t need or want any details about this little shopping and rite of passage event. Ehlana had a few questions for me, but probably saved most of them for Mom once she’d sensed that it wasn’t something I wanted to really talk about. Aunt Leanne had a few comments and jokes for me, but for the first time, I didn’t really find much to laugh about.

And just for the sake of curiosity; do most women enjoy all of the fun and excitement that goes along with things like menstrual cycles and the rest so much that they’re thrilled to welcome new members as early as possible? Wouldn’t it be much better if we could just turn that on and off for a few months now and then when we want to have kids? Maybe I’ll do a bit of archive research to find out if that’s possible.

That’s enough of the weird, so let’s move on.

Dad was in the city all week, so Mom and I were busier than usual between school, work, lessons, baseball, and taking care of the twins. It was nice to have grandparent support again, and Mom had one evening, a morning, and an afternoon off to do other things while Ethan and Ehlana were busy keeping Grandma and Grandpa entertained.

Rowen and I had baseball practice on Tuesday; we took care of Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi on Wednesday while Mom was at her practice; and Rowen stayed for a sleepover after our dinner and a movie night on Friday. After the Saturday morning shopping trip, Rowen went to work at the computer store while I joined the yard work crew with Dad, and we spent the rest of the day getting everything ready for the holiday weekend while Mom and Alicia took care of Ethan and Ehlana, and worked on getting guest bedrooms cleaned and ready too.

Last night, after working until nearly seven o’clock before stopping for a late dinner, all I was interested in was a long soak in my Jacuzzi and an early bedtime. Today was mostly a play day – at least for the kids. (I’m just going to ignore my first Sunday church service that included wearing a bra under my dress. Some of the looks and smiles that were directed at Rowen and I definitely had me suspicious about whether that Palmers back room rule to not talk about what was bought there applied to girls getting their first bras.) Rowen and I played with Ethan and Ehlana most of the afternoon. We took them on a canoe ride; had ice cream from the Emporium; and spent an hour and a half at the park before taking them home for a little nap before dinner. Mom and Dad both worked in the office while we did that, and Dad spent most of the evening in there too. Mom and I took care of making dinner and cleaning up while he was busy; and then we took the twins for a walk; stopping for front porch visits with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, and Grandma and Grandpa. We did a Magi lesson and a bit of archive studying after that, followed by bath time before doing the bedtime story and snack in the office with Dad.

I’ve mostly been working on my computer since coming up to my room after we tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night. There were some email to catch up on; a bit of family business work to do; my language lessons; and an hour of archive studying before getting around to this journal entry. It’s after one now, and time to call it a night. Five sleeps to go until the best Memorial Day weekend ever so far! By the end of the weekend, word will be out about one big part of our family business plans for Witch Falls – if not even a fraction of the details. We do still have five school and work days to get through between now and then, though, and I’m really tired, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!