Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Cassie's Journal - July 6, 2012

Ethan and Ehlana are having their first camping adventure with Rowen and me tonight. I know, they’ve just turned one, but remember that they are also recent, if unofficial, Grade Eight graduates too.

It’s been a fairly quiet day. Rowen helped out at the store for a while this morning, and I did a little family business work while she was busy with that. We biked, played at the park, and went for a swim every hour or so to cool off once the work was done. Our usual Friday night dinner and a movie was just dinner this week, and the adults decided to go out to Sheldon’s instead of the movie – which is when our camping plans changed to include the twins.

Violet is technically babysitting us while Mom and Dad are out with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and some of their friends; but she and Dillon are watching a movie with Jake and Stephanie now; though they have checked in on us twice since Dillon came over after work. Ethan and Ehlana are having fun; though Ehlana and Rowen thought that Aunt Leanne’s jokes about us having boys in our tent all night was a lot funnier than I did – probably because I’m still getting over the Fourth of July dance that my photographic memory won’t let me forget.

Just as an aside, in case you’re thinking this, yes, technically, I could use my Magi power to erase or change my own memories – like I did with that woman at the Mall who had seen Gawain’s face without the illusion he’d been using, but that really isn’t a good idea for a Magi Master; and there are some bad stories in the archives of what can happen when that’s done too often.

Anyway, Ethan and Ehlana were introduced to more than sleeping bags tonight. We had an early camp raid from Patrick and Scott; though they left us alone after finding out that we had the twins with us for the night. There were two other camps by the river tonight, though the Bassett camping adventure ended by eleven when the campers decided that they really didn’t want to stay by themselves in the tent all night after all. Michael and Tim were camping too, and yes, Aunt Leanne happily teased me about that too. I’d like to be able to tell her that we didn’t even talk to them all night, but they went for a canoe ride, and stopped by at our dock when Ethan waved to them from our tent.

The way my week had been going, I was tempted to send Ethan with them for the rest of the night after that, but he didn’t give me any indication that there was an ulterior motive behind his wanting to ‘talk’ to Michael and Tim. Ethan basically crawled into their canoe, so including a little float out into the middle of the river and back, that little cameo visit took about ten minutes. Rowen helped me out by telling Ethan and Ehlana it was time to get back into the tent, and she sent the boys off with some bakery treats to thank them for entertaining Ethan.

Ethan and Ehlana have been using their iPads to talk with us, since I can’t really use my wards out here, and they can’t talk freely; and Ethan just advised me that he read that last paragraph, and wants to know if he told me he had waved Michael and Tim over just to bug me if I’d really let him go camping with the two boys for the rest of the night.

I need to wrap this up now so I can distribute some tickle-hugs, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!