Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 20, 2014



It’s been another long day, and it’s past-three as I write this; but there has also been a bit more fun time mixed in with the work today than we’ve had for the rest of the week.

The family highlight of the night was watching Mom and Miranda have fun as they won the senior championship tonight, and while Michael and I didn’t win for the juniors; we did well-enough and had lots of fun with Ethan and Ehlana too.  I was at the Inn to help out after school, and that was both fun and a bit weird because Michael and Rebecca were both still at school with their football and basketball practices; so I was the only junior helper until they caught up with me once they were finished.  That did get me some extra time with Miranda and Jacob that I don’t normally get on my own, though; so I’m glad that I did that instead of going home for a while first.

Mom wasn’t doing any pre-cooking tonight after her day at the lab anyway, so I wasn’t needed there; though I missed out on dinner with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack when they decided to do that at the last minute and save Aunt Leanne a little extra work when she wasn’t feeling that great after work.  She didn’t go to game night either, which was why Uncle Adam got paired up with Jacob for the night – and they mostly just played with Zack instead of concentrating on the games.

We had a quiet day at school, with cheerleading practice being the entertainment highlight at lunchtime; and the football game tomorrow night just edging out the Buffalo snowstorm pictures for top teen chat spot.  Some of my friends and fellow students feel like we’ve been ripped off by not getting five or six feet of snow dumped on us – and the days off of school that would go with that kind of storm; but I’m not one of them.  The guys on the football team are all on my side for that too; since that would have seriously messed up the football playoffs this week – though weather could play a big part tomorrow night anyway.

I’ve been avoiding writing about that in my journals, or really even talking about it; but the forecast hasn’t exactly been shaping up in our favor as the week has gone along.  As of right now, we’re looking at what could be a cold, rainy night; with the possibility of a little wet snow mixed in too if the temperature goes the wrong way by a degree or two.  Win or lose, that could make for a very unpleasant few hours for the players, cheerleaders, and spectators.

Maybe we should take our ‘singing in the rain’ half-time routine music and props along for back-up tomorrow night.  Our ‘Do You Want to Build a Snowman’ routine won’t be as much fun if we’re cold and wet.

Getting back to the news, I helped out with the prep line before dinner; worked with Michael and Rebecca after they joined us after their practices; and we had a short dinner break that included doing some homework once the main meal rush was over.  I’ve covered the highlights for game night; and I went home with Mom and the twins after helping with the clean-up.  Michael and Rebecca came with us while Miranda and Jacob stayed to deal with a couple of things at the Inn, so I was able to do my goodnight hug and kiss with Michael when we dropped them off at their house along the way; and then it was time to get back to work – starting with my Magi lesson with Mom.

Ethan and Ehlana worked on some college projects while we did that for an hour and change; Mom and I tucked them in for the night after that; we did a short bedtime chat with Dad; and then it was Mom’s turn for an early bedtime while I came up to my room and got started on my studying and family business work.  I had a lot to get done tonight, which is why I’m up late; but I’m also ready to take the weekend off – though I might do some extra work when I can anyway to keep ahead of the game with the holiday weekend coming up fast now.

The only weekend action on the radar right now is the football game anyway, and while I’m not looking forward to a cold rainy night; the extended bus or car ride each way isn’t going to be a joy either.  Three hours of round-trip travel time on top of everything else is going to mean no time left over to spend with Michael, and even if we win; the guys won’t really be able to have a party after we get home again either.  I guess we’d better try to come up with something to do together on Saturday night – though we’re both going to be busy working all day – either at the Inn or here at home for me with the ongoing chores and pre-cooking as we get ready for the holiday.  Dad and I will likely need to do a once-over at Grandma and Grandpa’s house this weekend so their place will be ready for when they get home; and Aunt Leanne might need extra help at her place too if she’s having more tough days with morning sickness.

I really hope she has a better Thanksgiving for that than Mom did when she was pregnant with Ethan and Ehlana; though I’m also sure that Uncle Adam’s family will pitch in to help if she does.

Anyway, the studying and work tonight wasn’t particularly newsworthy, there isn’t anything else to report tonight, and I’m ready for some quality down time now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!