Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 16, 2012

We won, we won, we won!

Okay, I’m not really that enthusiastic about our team’s big victory, but a lot of people in town are; so I’ll just go with the flow.

Before I get to the game recap, let’s back up and start from this morning.  Mom and I exercised while Ethan and Ehlana played with Mandy; we tag-teamed getting ready for the day, taking care of the twins, and getting through breakfast and the clean-up; and then I headed for school when Rowen stopped in to pick me up on her way there.

I always like Day One schedule Fridays, and with football fever running rampant; just about every kid and teen at school was fired up and having fun.  The Thanksgiving-themed lessons continued in most classes, including some of the questions on the two tests we had to write today.  That had some of our classmates a bit stressed, but most of the teachers were doing extra testing this week so we don’t have to do any of that next week.

Rowen and I spent as much time outside as we could during lunch, and after school we took Ethan and Ehlana out to play at the park.  We weren’t surprised to find a pick-up football game in progress by the time we got there; and Michael, Tim, and the other boys all let Ethan play with them for nearly twenty minutes before returning him to me.  Ehlana spent most of that time with Rebecca; and entertaining all of us as she bounced around and babbled in her ‘public’ toddler-speak.  After leaving the football field, we went for a walk along the river; played on the swings and slides; and made a stop at the Emporium for a little snack before heading home again.

Dinner and a movie night was dinner and Thanksgiving pre-cooking night instead; but Rowen and I found out that we had the option of helping out in the kitchen or going to the football game with Uncle Adam, Uncle Nick, and the twins.  I might have picked staying with Mom, Aunt Leanne, and Aunt Deborah, but I could tell that Rowen wanted to go to the game; and Ehlana wanted us to go with her too.  While I’m thinking about Aunt Deborah, it’s been a while since I included an update in my journal for how she and the baby are doing; so let’s do that now.

Aunt Deborah is a couple of weeks into her second trimester now, and pretty much done with morning sickness; though that was a lot milder for her than it was for Mom, and she only had a couple of bad mornings.  She and the baby are both perfectly healthy, and if you’re interested in all of the details, check out our Magi project; since Uncle Adam is keeping a record of Aunt Deborah’s pregnancy as part of our studies.  There is a lot of information going into that part of our project, but we’re hoping to learn a lot about the similarities and differences in prenatal development between Magi, Latent, and Normal babies.

Getting back to Aunt Deborah and the baby again, an early-May due date seems to be a time that a lot of the women in town are envious of her for getting – Mom included.  She’s past the morning sickness going into the best holiday food season of the year; her baby will be here before it really starts getting hot next year; and, with a little Magi Healing help from Mom and me, she’ll be ready for all kinds of summer hot by the memorial Day weekend.  I guess that doesn’t matter much if you live someplace where it’s warm year-round; but it’s a big bonus here.

Speaking of bonuses, it started getting cool fast after dark, but at least it was clear and dry for the football game; and we dressed warm enough to be comfortable.  We had dinner early enough so that we had time to get to the game with fifteen minutes to spare.  The bleachers were all nearly full by then, but we managed to meet up with Rowen’s Dad, Patrick, and Scott; and find a spot where we could all sit together before the opening kick-off.  Our team was playing against Ridgeway, and though they’d been one of the two teams to beat ours during the regular season; it was clear from the start of the game that they were in trouble tonight.

That was mostly because Kyle Landry sacked their quarterback on the first down and got a fumble recovery that our team turned into three points.  While Ridgeway’s defense played hard to keep their team in the game, their quarterback wasn’t the same after Kyle’s first big hit, and he never really recovered.  Kyle, on the other hand, caused three more takeaways; scoring defensive touchdowns on one interception and one fumble recovery.  Ridgeway’s defense should be proud of holding our team to just two offensive touchdowns and that early field goal, but since Kyle and our defense held their team to just two field goals; it wasn’t good enough tonight.

Dad made it to the game in time to catch the end of the third quarter, and his arrival kicked up the fun level for Ethan, Ehlana, and me.  I still love these first moments when we’re back together again after a week apart as much as I did the first few times we went through it after Mom and I moved here.  It seems that I don’t really write very much personal stuff in my journals about Mom and Dad, mostly because they write their stories in their own archives; but it’s moments like tonight that remind me of just how lucky Mom and I are to have found our way to Witch Falls.

Our team was nice enough to save one more touchdown for the fourth quarter, and some really good defensive plays, but while the game wasn’t a blowout by any stretch; there also wasn’t really any worries about end-of-game come-back heroics either.  The final score was thirty-one to six; and though this was probably the only home game our team will have in the playoffs; they left their fans very excited for our chances this year when they headed for the locker rooms after the usual post-game action.

Before I wrap up with the home action once we got back there again, I’ll be in trouble if I don’t report some of the off-field action and antics.  Let’s start with advising Aunt Leanne that she might as well stop trying to push Michael and me together.  He and Lisa aren’t officially a couple yet, but they went to the game with Tim, Nora, and the rest of our class’s couples club; and I expect they’ll be official in the not too distant future.  While she won’t be able to read this for at least a few years, I gave her that news tonight.  After expressing her disappointment in me, she at least pretended to agree that her matchmaking plans for me were out for now.  I have more than a few doubts about whether she actually intends to back off or not, though.

I’ll also take a moment to mention Rowen’s ongoing boy trouble.  Tommy, as he’ll now be referred to here, was taking full advantage of the cold evening to get close to his girlfriend, but I’ll guess that Rowen was more heated up because of that than either of our classmates.  There’s a very good chance that Rowen was spending as much time fantasizing about a little Magi-powered venting as she was watching the game or talking with Ehlana, me, Ethan, and the rest of the guys.  Yes, if you’ve been reading all of my journals from the past few months, you’ll know that tonight wasn’t the first time for thinking or talking about things like that, but we’ve been trained well enough; and won’t make any mistakes like that – no matter how satisfying or fun it might be to try!

Okay, let’s not go any closer to that edge.  Rowen and I aren’t doing a sleepover this weekend; so after the game, she went home with her father and brother while I went home with Ehlana and the guys.  Mom, Aunt Leanne, and Aunt Deborah had the cooking done for the night, and were having drinks and a snack in the living room.  It took nearly forty-five minutes for the bedtime chat and evening re-caps, and then my aunts and uncles headed home while Mom, Dad, and I took Ethan and Ehlana upstairs and got them ready for bed.

I’ve been working on my computer since coming up to my room, and I won’t comment on what Mom and Dad are doing now; but maybe we should have insisted that Mom spend a night with Dad in Crystal Springs again this month.  We’re going to have a lot of work to get done this weekend, but I still wanted to get some language and archive study time in tonight.  There were also some notes I needed to make for the Magi Project that were about some observations I made during the game tonight.

It’s not exactly possible for me to go out on the field and wander around checking out the guys – not that I’d be doing that anyway, Aunt Leanne – but there is still a lot of information that I do take in around me; and sports events always leave me with a lot to think and write about.  It also helps that I know who the Magi, Latent, and Normal players are; and can filter my observations through an ever-growing wealth of information.  Tonight, I was most interested in high adrenaline effects on the Magi and Latent players on our team.  While we don’t have any players running faster than the speed of light or anything else, but there is some evidence that leads me to believe that Latents can and do exceed their ‘normal’ abilities.  I was also able to get close enough to a couple of the players after the game to learn that there are temporary physiological changes that differ slightly from normal people too.  There apparently are no records of a latent flashover to Magi during a football game or other sports matches; but I think it might be as possible as during a crisis – or like with Violet – while making out with someone.

Let’s not think about the last part of that sentence.  I should wrap this up anyway, and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be another very long day.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”