Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Here in our magical little corner of the world, summer has ended and while Ethan, Ehlana, and their cousins and friends are back at school; most parents will enjoy the daily breaks while their work and play will transition into the normal fall schedules. Cassie and Michael will be getting ready for their fall work trip; and the adventures will continue in big and small ways as we head into the autumn months of 2026. We will have all of those stories for you; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of our latest adventures; and happy reading!

Friday, October 2, 2026

Ehlana's and Ethan's Journals - October 2, 2026

 

Naomi and Ehlana:

Happy 16th Anniversary, Mom and Dad-to-be!

Happy 4th Birthday, Bradley Benton!

My best friends put on a special anniversary breakfast for their parents with help from Cassie and Michael; their grandparents joined in on the fun; and Aiden and I were their breakfast dates after we also joined them for Tai Chi by the river this morning.  We can’t help with any other celebrations thanks to the football game we need to head to soon in Varney.  They will be having a dinner party at the Inn and then some fun at the pub while we’re away; and Sophia is hosting the co-ed sleepover so a kid-free night is on their schedule too.  Cassie and Michael get teased about setting precedents a lot, but I’ll assure our future Magi that I am okay with the precedents that my future in-laws are setting for the more-distant future I plan on having with Ethan!

No, Ehlana, I am not suggesting that Ethan and I will have belated honeymoon gifts after we get married, but you really don’t want me to comment on any details that I am referring to now; so let’s move on!

Our school day has been good; Ehlana and I are nearly ready to meet up with Sophia, since she and her Mom are driving us to Varney while our parents are busy with the anniversary fun; and we really don’t have much news from the lessons and studying.  The rain moved on overnight, but it has cooled quite a bit too; and the game-time temperature will be around sixty and definitely be down to the mid-fifties before it is over.  We’re just glad that it won’t be raining; and we have our fall-weather uniforms available if it gets too-cool for the uniforms that our favorite boys like best!  Okay, most guys like those uniforms a lot more than the options that keep us warm, but we don’t need to write about something that obvious either! ;^)

We do have one more family story to cover that is still in-progress but that we’ve just gotten some after-school news about from Woodvale.  Sadie Rice has gone into labor and will likely have a bonus anniversary gift for Ethan and Ehlana’s parents – even if that will only be with future anniversary jokes.  That’s awesome, but Dawn Rice is in Woodvale for a vacation visit and had her own surprise – a serious boyfriend that she’s brought home to meet the family for the first time!  We don’t have details yet, but David Jordan is a pilot too; they met after Dawn moved up the ranks to co-piloting passenger jets; and he is only a bit ahead of her on the career path as a fairly-new Captain for the same company.  Dawn and David will be here for a visit next week – mostly to spend time with Violet and her family, but they’ll stay with Cassie and Michael; and we’ll hopefully get to spend some time with them too.  Those updates will need to wait; since Ehlana and I need to get going soon and she wants to add in a minor world news report before we go.

You can thank me if I’m still around in your ‘now’ as you read this; since I can keep that part of this update very short.  I will start by assuring you that I do keep up with world news – mostly through Ethan and Ehlana, but I also don’t spend much time even thinking about everything that I can’t do anything about anyway.  That’s why I am so much more-fun than my best twin-friends; and have to help them out with being happier than they would be without me too.  As for the actual world news, our leaders are again trying to manipulate the markets by releasing more energy reserves for the short-term gain and long-term risks are ignored.  Both wars are going badly for ‘our’ side but mostly for the people stuck in the middle of the fighting and bombing.  Reality isn’t keeping the western leaders from collective insanity; so nothing is likely to change anytime soon – unless it is a change for the worse.  Ehlana and I need to stay happy to be ready to cheer for our favorite guys and team tonight; so that’s all for this report.  Stay tuned; since this could end up being a very busy, entertaining weekend – especially if we need to add in a quick trip to Woodvale to meet my future cousin-in-law!

Until next time, live with love, fellow Magi of the Light!