Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, March 3, 2017

Cassie's Journal - March 3, 2017



Today is the sixth anniversary of the day that Rowen and I found out about each other – that we are both Magi!

I know, that isn’t earth-shaking news, but it was a big deal for us; and it was a big deal back then before I figured out how to sense other Magi just from their auras during that following summer.

We didn’t have a party or anything, but I did give Rowen a little gift before we went to school; and that little secret did also make our day just a bit more fun.

That’s also just about the only news I have for today.  The temperature climbed into the mid-fifties, so that was nice; but Michael and I had to work the dinner-to-close shift, and we’re working the breakfast shift too; so we didn’t exactly spend much time outdoors – or doing much of anything else except school and work.  We did have fun, though; and I still really like working as a server instead of in the kitchen all of the time.  I do still help out with prep work when needed; but don’t miss all of the dishwashing at all!

Michael didn’t come home with me after work tonight, but I did stop in at his house for a bit of cuddle and wind-down time before coming home at a quarter-to-eleven.  We have another long, busy day ahead tomorrow that will include babysitting tomorrow night while Mom and Dad go out on a date night with quite a few of their friends – and all of my local aunts and uncles.  We’ll be working the dinner shift too so that we can help with the dinner part of that date night, but while I’m doing that; Rowen and Tim are again going to lead the babysitting crew until Michael and I can join them.

For the record, Tim does that because Rowen asks him very nicely – and the pay is pretty good for a night of playing video games with a bunch of junior gaming fanatics.

I’ll have more on that with the next couple of updates, but let’s move on; and then I want to get to sleep before midnight so I’ll be ready for all of that work and play – plus the chores and maybe some afternoon biking an park play fun too – if I’m lucky-enough to fit that into my busy schedule.

After getting home, I had a short bedtime visit with Ethan, Ehlana, Mom, and Dad that was split between the twins’ bedrooms; I came up to my room; got ready for bed; and have finished with the bare minimum bedtime computing and email checks.  This isn’t news, but since I don’t mention it very often in my journal; I’ll note that Dawn will be spending a lot of time at the airport this weekend – just as she does every weekend that she can get out there; and she’ll be flying as much as possible too.  I know that she gets teased about her devotion to becoming a pilot, but she is going to work at a job she loves; and I have no doubt at all that she’ll get to fly the big jets some day.

That does sound as though Dawn will have a lot more fun than I will this weekend, but Michael and I aren’t working at the Inn with an eye on full-time jobs there when we’re done school.  That money will help us out with paying for the college degrees we’ll need for the jobs we will do after we grow up, though; and we do at least get to work with his parents and family while working toward those goals.

I don’t want to go there tonight, but do need to do a future plans update soon; so maybe I’ll do that sometime during our spring break – if I can find the time to do that with everything else we already have going on that week.

I’m starting to ramble, and that’s always a sure sign that it’s past-time for me to go into nap mode; so that’s exactly what I’m going to do.  It’s been a good day; I hope the weekend will be even better; and making that happen by starting with more than two or three hours of sleep works for me; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!