Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 11, 2016



It’s been another long, busy day; so I’m going to keep this short and get on with my nap soon.

Tai Chi was indoors; and likely will be more often than not from now on.  While I’ll miss being out by the river; Michael and I do get to work on our pushing hands forms when we’re exercising indoors; so that is fun too.  We were at his house for breakfast; had a chat with Jake and Stephanie while we had breakfast; and the main news for them is that they’re busy with exam studying – and will be writing them over the next four days before coming home for the holidays.  We moved on to church next; spent a Christmassy couple of hours there that included more work getting ready for the teen Christmas show that is now just a week away; and then Michael and I had to hurry on to the Inn to help out with the lunch rush prep work.

I was booked for the full-day shift at the Inn; and Michael and I didn’t really get much of an afternoon break because we did our homework – and stayed at the Inn to do that instead of heading home.  The buffet side of the shift was tougher – and busier because we were light on staff while we had teens and adults taking the day off for some holiday fun that there won’t be time for on the all-hands-on-deck days during the Christmas and New Year’s Day weekends.  Michael and I still had fun together, but I’ll admit here that I’m glad that this will be my last holiday working in the kitchen; since I’ll be able to work as a server once I’m sixteen in February.  I’m not saying that job is easier, since it isn’t; but it is usually cleaner and more sociable!

Moving along, we worked until nearly-ten; I went home with Michael and his family for a little bedtime visit; and then came home and had another visit with Mom and Dad before they went up to bed once Dad wrapped up his work ahead of his week in the city.  I didn’t miss much at home while I was busy because he did work most of the afternoon and evening; and Mom took Ethan and Ehlana to play in the lab and archives for the afternoon before spending the evening studyi9ng or working in the office too.  The twins were in bed by then, but I stopped in for visits with them too on my way up to bed; and they were both still awake and playing on their iPads.  I needed a soak in my Jacuzzi after that; multi-tasked my language studying while doing that; and then started in on the family business work once I was tucked in with Mandy and my computer.  Some time phasing was possible for some of the work; I did the rest in real time; and now I’m pretty much ready to crash and nap.

My Christmas music video pick for tonight is a new-for-this-year version of another of my favorite Christmas songs, and since I did hear some kid-talk about Christmas lists and letters to Santa today; it seems like a good pick now that we’re down to just two weeks to Christmas!



Santa is a Magi; he could know that I’m not sleeping right now when I should be; and I don’t want to end up on the naughty list this close to Christmas; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!