Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 10, 2013



The extra sleep during the last two nights has helped me to re-charge – even with all of the work I’ve been doing; but it’s past two-thirty now; so my micro-report tonight is because I need to put my computer away for the night and get what sleep I can – and don’t want to ‘make’ extra time for myself with a time-phase.

I loved starting the day with good morning kisses and Tai Chi with Michael; and having breakfast at his house was a delicious bonus!  Pretty much every kid and teen at church was busy today working on the Thanksgiving weekend service that’s now just three weeks away; though we still have short lessons too before getting to do crafts, costumes, and scene sets.

The top entertainment story today was the trail ride that Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne went on with Michael, Tim, Rowen, and me this afternoon.  That little surprise was dropped on us after church, and we went out to the ranch during Michael’s break.  I’d love to go riding more often; but there just isn’t time for everything; and even this little outing required grandparent and friend support to make it happen.  Grandma and Grandpa watched Zack while we were gone; and Ethan and Ehlana had play afternoons with Aiden and Naomi.

Michael and I both needed to hit the showers after the trail ride, and then I met up with him for the walk to the Inn.  We were a bit late for the start of the buffet rush prep cooking, and I’d protest Miranda’s teasing us about why we might have been delayed if it wasn’t for the fact that we did have a minor make-out session at Michael’s house before leaving there; and it’s a safe bet that at least one witness noticed that I was there for more than a minute or two.

Yes, it was worth it.

So was all of the work at the Inn.  I love spending that time with Michael and his family, and though we had a really busy night; Miranda made sure that the fun level stayed high for everyone.  I worked with Rebecca more than with Michael, and we had fun chatting about the game and party on Friday; Jenny’s latest inside scoops from cheerleader land; and plans for the next few weeks as we close in on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  Jason basically wasn’t mentioned at all, and that probably has at least something to do with the fact that Rebecca can’t help but notice the difference between how Jason is with her and what it’s like for Michael and me – especially when it comes to how we feel about her family and the Inn.

To be fair, Stephanie and I both have connections that Jason never will or could; but I’ll be very blunt, and just point out that Jason has no idea just how lucky he is to even have a chance with Rebecca – a chance that he’s well on the way to blowing.  Tim Landry is not nearly the only clueless guy in this town – but I have more hope that he’ll come to his senses.

Okay, this isn’t exactly turning out to be a micro-update; so let’s move along so I can get to sleep.  Our time at the Inn was fun, and then Michael and I followed that up with some quiet time cuddling in the living room at his house while having a little chat with his parents and catching up on the sports news of the day on television.  I didn’t stay long, and got home in time for Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime story.  Once they were tucked in for the night, Mom did my Magi lesson with me – an elements and transmutation lesson that involved extreme heat and metallurgy inside of a power-shield ‘furnace’.  That was pretty cool – or hot – but it also meant that I didn’t get started on my bedtime studies until nearly midnight.

That’s why it’s so late, and though I’m skipping the weekly college update; Violet, Stephanie, and Christina didn’t really have any major news for me anyway – or at least there wasn’t anything going on that was tame enough to report to a twelve-year old.  So I guess that’s it for tonight.  The football game next Friday is the only major event on the calendar this week; so it should be fairly quiet around here.  That’s a good thing, because Dad will be in the city next week, and though we won’t have the family home for Thanksgiving; we’ll be getting ready for the holiday in addition to everything else we usually keep busy with while Dad’s away.  I’d suggest that resting up would be an option this week too, but I’ll probably just try to work ahead so that I can do less studying and family business work during the holidays – especially the days that Violet and Dillon will be home.

You are getting very sleepy, Cassie – stop writing; put your computer away; and get some rest!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!