Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 9, 2015



Okay, I need to do a double update while also keeping it short so that I can get some sleep and be ready for a very busy Mother’s Day tomorrow.

Let’s actually try to do that!

My Friday was amazing!

Too short?  Yeah, so let’s hit the highlights.

Tai Chi in the morning and breakfast that Michael stayed for before rushing off to his weight training was really good.  My school day was busy, and we did a lot of work; but we had fun all day too.  Once we were set free, thanks to the rain that never arrived in our little town; Michael and I were free to have some after-school play time.  Rowen and Tim joined us for that; and we took Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden with us so that Mom could get a break – at least from the kids.  Getting ready to host our dinner and a play night was another issue; but then she had lots of help for that from my grandparents and some of the other adults.

The park playground is still under construction; so we went for a bike ride; played at the school; and went for ice cream at the Emporium on our way to the falls.  Rowen and Tim had other plans for dinner and the rest of the night; so they moved on after helping Michael and me with getting the four younger kids home.  He and I were on kid control with grandpa from then until dinnertime; and it was while we were hanging out in the back yard that the sleepover suggestion was made and approved by the parents for Michael, Naomi, and Aiden.  We had to have a late dinner so that everyone could get to our house after work; and we sent some dinner care packages to the parents that couldn’t join us for the meal.

We – the kids – got to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa; and that meant that our entertainment was a handful of travel stories that Grandpa told us while we munched on barbeque chicken, ribs, or steaks with cold salad sides and raw veggies.  Michael and I were drafted for the clean-up crew after dinner, and then we moved on to some outdoor play time that included a small-group canoe ride downriver and back; and some games in the back yard.  The party broke up by dusk as parents wanted to take tired kids home to bed – and Aunt Leanne was ready for some nap time by then too; so Michael and I moved on to the lounge with four junior movie enthusiasts so that we could watch a movie before they went to bed for the night.

The movie was okay; we had fun getting my brother, sister, and their friends tucked in for the night; and then Michael and I had a fairly hot make-out session in the lounge while not watching a second movie before we happily snuggled close and then fell asleep on the sofa.  That actually wasn’t planned, but we didn’t have a problem with it; and our wake-up hugs and kisses were great too – though that had to wait until after Ehlana and Naomi woke us up for Tai Chi.

We dodged some rain to be out by the river for our workout; and then the rush was on to get ready for the day; have breakfast; and then get to work.  For Michael, that meant going home to do some chores there while I was teamed up with Dad for the yard work side of our weekend to-do list.  Rain was in the forecast for today again, but we ended up more on the miss side of the hit  and miss rain; and it really didn’t get in the way of our work at all.  I’ll skip the boring details for all of that; and just carry on from when we wrapped up our work day at four-thirty so that we could hit the showers and get cleaned up.

Naomi and Aiden had gone home long before then, so I spent some time playing with Ethan and Ehlana before dinner; we had a little pot-luck family barbeque for anyone that wanted to come over instead of doing their own meals; and then I was again on the clean-up crew before being set free for the evening.  I needed to get some homework done this weekend, and since my friends were busy too; I did that after dinner.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I followed that up with another movie in the lounge; and then Michael came over after he was done at the Inn so that we could go over our song for the Mother’s Day service one more time.  He also stayed long enough to do the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana, and we had a very minor make-out session back in the lounge before he needed to get home and I needed to get ready for bed and started on my nightly computer checks.

Mandy and I had ourselves tucked in by a bit after eleven, and there hasn’t been much on the work front for me to deal with tonight; so the computer and email checks, along with one family business issue; didn’t take long to wrap up.  As I mentioned, we do have a full day booked for tomorrow, so I’m glad that I don’t need to stay up late with my work.  Mom has the day off tomorrow, and while I’m going to help out at the Inn a bit too; Dad and I will be doing all of the work at home too.  We’ll have some fun too; but I expect to be tired out before even getting to my usual school night studies and work tomorrow night.

With that in mind, that’s going to be it for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!