Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 29, 2015



Make-out time with Michael – check!
Sofa sleepover – double check; and amazing!
Gourmet breakfast at Michael’s with his parents and Rebecca – Bonus!

There has been lots of work today to go along with all of that fun, but the responsibilities side of my life is easy enough to handle when there’s so much fun to go along with the work.  I’ll get to that part of the news in a moment; since the fun and entertainment parts of the day pretty much all came before the work today.

Michael came over last night in time to catch the last half of the show I was watching with Ethan and Ehlana.  We followed that up with a fun little bedtime story and visit with them in Ehlana’s room before tucking both of the twins into their beds for the night and moving on to a fairly major make-out session while we didn’t watch a fairly bad action movie that shall remain un-named to protect all people involved in the film that probably regret having their names on the list of credits.  The film was really just background noise for the main event in the lounge, and I’ll rank our play time as extremely hot – and more than a little amusing.

I don’t generally want to get into the details of the intimate side of my relationship with Michael – even in this journal; but there are times when comments are appropriate and this is one of them.  Michael and I are, after all, one of the few Magi couples in Witch Falls that have been allowed to know about each other before becoming adults; with most of the other few exceptions finding out about each other by accident – and quite a while ago too.  I also have the advantage of being allowed to shield on my own so that we can use our gifts without direct adult supervision.  Yes, Mom is linked with me, but even she can’t sense what I’m using my power for through my shields anymore and never could tell what Michael or Rowen do when I’m hanging out with either of them.

Getting back to my point here, a pair of Magi teens does have some play options that other teens don’t; and the amusing part of the fun comes from experimenting with applying those talents to intimate moments.  For example, I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that most Magi kids at some time during their childhood experiment with using their telekinesis to fasten or open buttons or other clothing fasteners.  Getting to do that with a girlfriend or boyfriend is something else completely; and even when it doesn’t quite work out as planned the results can be both entertaining and exciting.  Experimenting with this aspect of our relationship is going to be really special, and while I imagine the idea alone scares the parents of Magi teens; I hope the council does consider allowing more teen couples to know about each other in the future.  Using our Magi gifts together is creating a very special bond between Michael and me, and while I can’t suggest that will happen with every teen couple; it is something worth considering.

The hot factor for the teens involved could just be a really awesome added bonus! ;^)

Our timing for the transition from play time to sofa sleepover must have been great too, since Mom and Dad had still been working in the office when Michael and I got around to falling asleep.  They did check in on us and take a picture to send along to Miranda; but left us there instead of waking us and sending Michael home.  The wake-up call from Ethan and Ehlana was fun, and so was Tai Chi; but the breakfast at Michael’s house was definitely the best part of our morning.  The amazing food was definitely worth the price of some serious teasing from Miranda and Rebecca; though Michael’s sister mostly just wished that she and Lucas could get away with sofa sleepovers too.  That really isn’t even an option for them most of the time when he needs to be at the farm to help out with the chores pretty much seven days a week.

I’d gotten ready for church between Tai Chi and breakfast, so I was on the kitchen clean-up crew after we ate; and then we walked to church.  Today is Palm Sunday, so the service and Sunday school lessons were all about that part of the Easter story.  While the message is the same every year, the delivery is always a bit different; and that’s particularly true for the kids and teens during Sunday school.  For our class, for instance; we’re doing a much more technical study of the bible than in previous years since I’ve been here.  That lesson was also short; since we also worked with the other teens to finish up getting our ‘sets’ and props ready for the sunrise service next Sunday.  We had time for that because the service was a bit more than an hour and a half long; which is also why Michael had to head straight for the Inn as soon as we were set free for the day.

It was chilly and we had a spit or three of rain while we were at church; but the afternoon weather was fairly nice and the temperature climbed into the sixties.  I went home from church with Mom, Dad, and the twins; we had lunch with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack at our house; and then we all took the afternoon off to play.  Naomi and Aiden came to play with us after lunch too; we went for a bike ride; and played at the school playground for a while before returning home and hanging out in the back yard until I needed to get ready and head over to the Inn to help out with the buffet shift.  Michael joined us for the tail end of the bike ride and play time at home; so we went to the Inn together; and that’s when the work part of my day kicked into high gear.

The dining room at the Inn was packed for both buffets with a bit of overflow worked into the mix; so we were all very busy from the time Michael and I got there until we went home after closing the Inn.  We managed to have some fun while working hard; but I don’t really have anything newsworthy to report from those hours of prep work and dishwashing.  The Magi lesson with Mom shortly after I got home was fun, and so was getting the twins tucked in for the night; but the family business work and studying after I was in bed and cuddling with Mandy wasn’t very exciting – probably because I was getting tired by then and did the work because it needed to be done.

As I mentioned, though, the work is worth the effort when the rest of my life is so amazingly fun – even on the days when I’m tired and it’s hard to stay motivated.  The work for today is finished, and I don’t have anything to add to this update; so I am out of here and off to dreamland for a few hours.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!