Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 25, 2015



Congratulations Rebecca, Carolyn, and the rest of our girls’ basketball team!

Miranda and I had a blast going to the game and cheering for them, and though I seriously doubt that our efforts made a difference; the upset win was certainly an awesome surprise – if not for the favored home team and their fans.  Carolyn won the game for us in the closing minutes, and while the game had been close until then, she came through with the high-pressure baskets while her opponents did not.

While the game was the highlight of the trip; I really liked having the drive time with Miranda too; and we also picked up fast food to go for the drive home instead of waiting and eating late.  When she dropped me off at home, Miranda stayed for a visit with Mom, Dad, and the twins before going on to the Inn to help with closing up for the night; and that was entertaining too because she helped out with my Magi lesson while she was here.

Compared to that play time, the rest of my day was fairly boring.  School was good, and basketball had top billing for the school news network; but nothing particularly exciting happened all day.  The temperature outdoors rose into the high fifties; we spent most of our lunch break outside; and had fun, but that break in the cold was tempered by knowing that we’re heading back into the freezing temperatures again tonight.  We’re also getting a bit of snow tonight too, and had a spit or three of rain earlier while Miranda and I were away at the game; but we’re not expecting a major snow event overnight or tomorrow.

After Miranda left for the Inn, Mom let me work on the family business with a time phase to let me work a bit longer and get the extra work done; but that’s had the side-effect of tiring me out.  We all called it a night at ten-thirty; Mom, Dad, and I were all in on the bedtime story with Ethan and Ehlana; we tucked them in for the night; and then I came up to my room to get ready for bed too.  I opted for a quick shower because I needed one after all of the cheering at the game in a hot gymnasium; but then I cheated to get my hair dried so that I could get into bed with Mandy and wrap up my night with the usual computer checks and this journal update.

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow because Grandma and Grandpa will be home by early evening at the latest unless they have some travel delays.  It’s going to be great to have them home – even if it’s only for a short time before they’ll be heading south again – this time to Florida for their usual winter getaway.  We’ll likely miss game night so that we can have a visit with them, and I’ll probably skip helping out at the Inn during the dinner rush too; but I’ll let you know about that with the next update.

Having our grandparents home is going to be a highlight for the week, but we’re also heading into some busy days through the weekend.  Since Grandma and Grandpa will be home, we’ll be doing a dinner and something entertaining night with them and the rest of our family on Friday; the Maple Valley Winter Festival is this weekend; and Rebecca and her team will also now have a second-round playoff game on Saturday.

I’m getting tired out just thinking about all of that – though I’m already pretty much in need of some quality down time; so that’s all I have for tonight, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!