Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cassie's Journal - February 15, 2015



Morning Tai Chi with Michael, Naomi, Aiden, and my family made for a fun start to the day; and then it was all crazy-busy as we rushed around getting everyone fed and ready for church.  That was particularly crazy for the girls; since we needed to share bathroom time to have time for doing our hair and the rest of the usual dress-up work that goes into making us look our best.  My bathroom and bedroom were used for that; though I spent more time in the kitchen helping out with the cooking and cleaning.

It was definitely a lot colder outside this morning; so we had parents stopping in to help out with the transportation to the church; but Mom and Dad still took the minivan and truck too.  That was more because Michael and I needed to be at the church early for the teen praise team warm-up; and Rowen and Tim came with us because they were involved in the teen-led service too – doing a skit and reading bible verses.  Playing and singing at the service was a lot of fun; and I think that our program went over fairly well with our families, friends, and neighbors.  There weren’t a lot of the usual compliments after the service, but that had more to do with the cold than anything else.  It was just too cold out to hang around for long visits or to wait for those of us who needed to pack up musical instruments or other gear before moving on.

I wouldn’t have been able to stay anyway; since I needed to get to the Inn and start helping out with the lunch rush prep work in the kitchen.  Miranda and Jacob had expected a full house for lunch and both buffet sittings; and their customers did not disappoint them.  Except for short meal breaks and an afternoon break that Michael and I used to do our homework; it was non-stop action all day at the Inn.  They even probably had an extra hundred or so diners for the two buffets thanks to starting early and wrapping up late – and turning over more tables than usual.

I missed out on my own family dinner there; though I did take a short break to see Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Caleb.  They’d gotten home with enough time to unpack and start loads of laundry before coming to the late buffet, and while I didn’t get to hear any travel stories; they did assure me that they had a great trip and visit with Uncle Mark’s family.  While I did miss getting to do that with everyone, I didn’t miss out on anything at home.  Dad was working in the office all afternoon and evening; Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana went to play at the lab for a few hours with Uncle Adam; and Mandy had an afternoon nap.

Okay, the nap would have been nice; but I’ll survive. ;^)

Anyway, I stayed at the Inn until Michael and Rebecca were sent home about mid-way through the end-of-night clean-up; did a chilly, quick goodnight hug and kiss with Michael in front of his house; and got home by nine-thirty.  Mom did my Magi lesson with me; we did the bedtime routine with the twins; and then I was sent up to my room with orders to only do the can’t-wait family business work and my usual computer checks before going to bed.  Mom did not supervise that tonight because she had other plans for the rest of the night that included Dad; and is definitely nothing I’ll need to get details about.

I multi-tasked my family business work with some Jacuzzi time; cheated with a time-phase so that I could enjoy that for longer than I would have been able to do in real time; and then finished getting ready for bed before snuggling in with Mandy and doing my computer checks and this update.  We’re getting a bit of snow overnight, and I’ll probably have to trade Tai Chi for shoveling in the morning; but it was a fairly quiet email and information night.  There wasn’t even much news from my favorite collegians; though that could be because they were all too busy with Valentine’s Day weekend fun and just didn’t have any kid-rated news to pass along.

Thanks to using the time-phase, I do have the option of being asleep before midnight, though, and I am tired after a late night and busy work day, so that’s all I have for tonight; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!