Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 6, 2015



Before I get into the news of the day, I just can’t resist taking another swing at meteorologists and news reporters over the silliness of polar vortices and the rest of the weather hype.

Give me a break!  It’s January in the northern hemisphere; so it gets cold.  This hasn’t been an abnormal winter so far; and it’s ridiculous to essentially get people worked up over non-events.  Yes, it has been cold today; but not even remotely worthy of yet another winter weather warning.  If the news media keeps freaking out over the slightest little cold front and every time we get more than a dusting of snow; where are they going to go from there if we actually do get a real snowstorm?

Oh right, we saw what happens with that storm in Buffalo.  The media everywhere went nuts over it; and the people living there mostly tried to have fun with it – since freaking out was pointless.  Reporters in general ought to take a hint from that too.  What I remember most from that storm isn’t anything I saw, heard, or read on the news networks or papers – it was the social media pictures of people making beer fridges in the snow piled up outside of their front or back doors.

Anyway, that’s enough of a rant for today; so let’s get on with the update and news of the day.

First up today on the news front is the start of winter weight training for Tim and Michael.  They were a group of two for that today; and there apparently wasn’t much interest from the rest of the guys on the football team for doing that this year.  Tim obviously doesn’t have the same pull with the other guys that Kyle had when he was here; though they will have some guys join them soon.  Lucas wants to work out with them; but needs to work out the early-morning rides into town.  The senior guys don’t care, since they won’t be playing football next season anyway; the Grade Eleven guys are all two-time champions and don’t think they need to do the extra work; and the Grade Ten guys are following the lead of Jason Johnson and a couple of the other guys, so they won’t likely be training with Tim and Michael at all.  He does expect that some of the guys in our grade will start working out with them soon – or at least the guys that are serious about playing football next season will do it after seeing it work for Michael and Tim last year.

Michael is once again doing that training with Tim because his best friend wants to do it; but they have fun too.  Although it won’t get in the way of our morning Tai Chi, the extra workout does make Michael’s mornings very busy now; so I doubt he’ll be having breakfast with us very often for the next few months.  It also meant that Rowen and I met up with him at school instead of walking there together; and Tim was as pumped up about that first workout as he was from the exercise.  I’m glad that he’s already so optimistic about next season, but I’d be okay with taking a football break too – until August.  That won’t happen, but a girl can dream!

The only news I have from school today is that we worked on exam preparation in every class; and then we were able to go home after school and study because we didn’t have a band practice this week.  We also didn’t have teen praise team practice tonight; so Michael and I were able to spend the evening at my house – and have a nice visit with my grandparents, Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Zack, Violet, and Dillon.  Rowen and Tim had come home with us for the homework part of our day; but then they left again once we were finished out assignments – shortly after Grandma and Grandpa got to the house and I was drafted to help out in the kitchen.

The hang out time with my family was great; we had a nice pasta and sides dinner; and the highlight of the night for Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, and me was the newsflash that Mom and Dad were working on a March Break adventure for us – in Florida!  We have to keep that news to ourselves for now, but Grandma and Grandpa will be in Florida by then; Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack are coming too; and so are Rowen, Tim, Naomi, and Aiden.  They’ll find out next week, and we’re saving up that surprise because going with us for the trip is also going to be our gift to Naomi for her fourth birthday.  Mom’s birthday is that week too; so it is definitely going to be a best week ever so far kind of adventure for all of us; and I can hardly wait!

Our guests didn’t stay too late tonight, but Michael stayed after everyone else left so that Mom could do a Magi lesson with both of us while Dad worked and Ethan and Ehlana did some college studying.  I would have liked to have some alone time with him too, but Michael went home after our lesson so that I could get started on my studies and work.  I multi-tasked that with some Jacuzzi time while doing my language studies; moved on to my archive homework after I was in bed with Mandy; and wrapped up with the family business work before doing a last round of computer checks and starting this journal update.

Even with starting a bit earlier than expected, it’s still past-three; and I’m ready to go into nap mode for a while.  We’re back to our weekly after-school work day tomorrow, so I’ll be able to do my studies and work early; and maybe I’ll be able to catch up on my sleep too instead of doing the morning self-healing thing that I’ll be doing for the second time this week in a few hours.  I really do need a better time management plan, but I say that way too often; and don’t end up changing anything.

Thinking about that now isn’t going to get me any more sleep tonight either, though, so I’m going to save that for another time and call it a night.  Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!