Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 20, 2013



This has been a really busy day, while at the same time I don’t have all that much to report.

Tai Chi was indoors, and more fun with Dad home again – especially after exercising by myself yesterday.  I got ready for church first, but then went over to Michael’s house to have breakfast there before meeting up with my family again for the walk to church.  Michael was with me and my family today; and we got to hold Zack for a while before going to Sunday school.  We’re into a harvest theme for our lessons now; and that’ll continue through until Thanksgiving before moving on to the usual Christmas action.

The service today was longer than last week, but the meet and greet after that was shorter; so I ended up getting home at nearly the same time as Mom, Dad, and the twins after walking with Michael to the Inn and stopping for a little visit.  It was just the five of us for lunch, and then Dad was back in the office to work while I helped Mom with some chores and Ethan and Ehlana mostly played on their iPads and watched a couple of Halloween cartoons on television in the living room.

Michael, Tim, and Rowen all came over to do our homework during Michael’s afternoon break; and Tim and Rowen stayed after he went back to the Inn so we could start working on our costumes.  That ‘work’ included making a few online purchases; but we’re making most of our costumes; and Mom started working on two Ewok suits this afternoon too.

Tim needed to leave by around five o’clock, but Rowen was able to stay until we all went to the Inn for the late buffet; and her parents and brother met up with us there.  We mostly did the late buffet this time so that Dad could get his work done first; and so Aunt Leanne could nurse Zack before going to the Inn.  Michael had worked through until the first wave of food was out for the second buffet, and then he joined us to eat before going to help out again in the kitchen after that.  We were at a ‘kids’ table with Rowen, Patrick, Ethan, Ehlana, and Aiden Draper; and we again got to have Zack with us for a while too; though I was competing with grandparents, aunts, and uncles for baby time.

I was tempted to stay and help out in the kitchen when it was time to go, but ended up going to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana instead.  Grandma and Grandpa came with us too, and we had a nice visit for an hour or so until Aunt Leanne and Zack were both ready to go to bed.  Once we were home again, I helped Mom and Dad with getting Ethan and Ehlana ready for bed; we did the bedtime story; and then Mom did a Magi lesson with me before she and Dad went to bed and I came up to my room to get started on my usual school-night studies and bedtime computing.

There isn’t anything particularly newsworthy to write about from my studies or family business work tonight; but there was a lot of news from around the family out on the email network.  From Woodvale, Dawn reported that Chris had a fun birthday weekend; though she was also happy to miss the party – especially since Chris and Martin both had ‘dates’ for the evening.  Chris will be taking his driving exam on Monday, but Dawn doesn’t expect that to have any effect on her life once he can drive on his own; and she doesn’t expect that he’ll be driving her anywhere.

My college email buddies all had mid-term exams and study stories for me, and though none of them had any personal problems with their exams; they did have front-row seats for some spectacular crash and burn moments with some of their new friends.  The rest of the news was mostly about school, family plans, and some Johnson family visits that are being planned over the next month or so – with all of those trips so that Zack can meet the rest of his family.

While I’m on that topic, I didn’t get this news from email, but Barb and Corey may be coming home for the Thanksgiving weekend to see Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack.  Aunt Leanne’s waiting for final confirmation on that, but expects that their friends will stay with them instead of with Barb’s family.  Now that Mom and I have a big family of our own, that seems very strange to me; though I wouldn’t have really thought about it at all before we moved here.  I haven’t talked to them in a long time, so it should be interesting to see how they’ve changed since moving out west.  Their reaction to Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark living here now should be entertaining too; but I don’t think that they’ll mind at all if they no longer make the social status grade with Barb and Corey.

I guess that’s about it for the news.  The top events this week are a future plans and family business meeting tomorrow night; Jenny’s birthday on Thursday; the football game and school Halloween dance on Friday; and the Haunted Halloween walk on Saturday night.  There’s going to be a Halloween party at Sheldon’s on Saturday too, but if I’m involved in that at all; it’ll only be because I’m babysitting Ethan and Ehlana.

It’s after two, and while I’m not in imminent danger of having any Michael-and-me alone time opportunities to fall asleep during; I have had enough fun for today.  The good news is that I’ll likely be dreaming about Michael soon; but how ironic is it that the only romantic ‘action’ I’ll have this weekend has been while I’m sleeping when I wasn’t able to stay awake for the one ‘real’ chance we had for some up close and personal play time?

Ironic or not, I’ll settle for the dream – for now.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!