Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 13, 2013



The biggest surprise for me today is that it’s after two o’clock; and I’m still awake.  Considering the fact that I was falling asleep about four hours ago while cuddling with Michael at his house when Miranda suggested that it was time for me to go home and get some sleep; I didn’t expect to get much work done tonight.  That changed, and I got my second wind after getting home; but I’ll get to that part of the report in a bit.

First up, though, let’s back up to the start of the day.  I didn’t mention it last night, but while Chris and Martin were home before Rowen and I went to sleep, they had invited Jonathan to stay with us; and then all three boys played video games in the living room until whatever time they crawled into bed.  They weren’t even sure when they finally got around to crashing; but I can confirm that it was not easy getting them going again in time to have breakfast and get ready for church.  Fortunately, that was Uncle Rick’s problem – Rowen and I were busy enough sharing bathroom time with Dawn and Jillian; and doing the rest of our usual Sunday morning routine.

For me, that included a chilly Tai Chi by the river, and I was reminded how much I missed getting to start the day with Michael yesterday while we were busy at the clinic – though getting to be there for Zack’s birth was a better-than-fair trade-off.  As I mentioned yesterday, we had the Rice family with us, so other than having four tween girls sharing one bathroom, and dealing with three tired and grouchy teen boys; it wasn’t all that hard to do breakfast and the clean-up for fourteen.  Most of us even managed to be on our way to church in time to walk there with Michael and his family.

We were at church early enough for a morning meet and greet with the rest of our family, and Michael, Rowen, and I were again recruited for kid control with my younger cousins, brother, and sister until we went to Sunday school.  Jaimie, Kaitlyn, Jayden, and their parents had spent the night with Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark, while Grandpa Duncan and Grandma Mercy had stayed with Grandma and Grandpa.  The Carringtons and Johnsons had been split up at three houses, including Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah’s place; and Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack sat with that half of their family during the service.

Aunt Leanne had to put on a bit of an act today so that our healing gift wouldn’t be too obvious; though she really was tired after their first night at home with Zack.  I did think that she was the most beautiful brand-new Mom I’ve seen in Witch Falls since Mom gave birth to Ethan and Ehlana.  Zack was certainly the star today with his family, friends, and neighbors – just as all newborns are here.  He slept a lot; was mostly unimpressed with his celebrity status; and showed off his impressive lung capacity a couple of times when he was tired of being passed around and just wanted his Mommy.

I didn’t even try to spend much time with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack again today – they had enough stress in their lives without adding more, and though Ethan and Ehlana were around them more often than I was; they mostly played with Jayden and stayed out of the way too.  The service today wasn’t one of the extended sessions, but the meet and greet afterward took a while for our family; and I left to walk with Michael to the Inn before continuing home.  That gave me time to get changed before everyone else got there, and then I helped Mom with Ethan and Ehlana so that they were ready for another play afternoon at the fall festival.  We – the kids and teens – were all at the park shortly after the festival opened for the day at noon; and we started out by having lunch with some help from assorted parents and grandparents.  There was another, smaller group with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne at their house, but Mom and Dad were the only Witch Falls members of the family there for lunch; and only because they were in charge of the food.

Rowen and I weren’t really all that interested in going on more rides today, but we did a couple of rounds of the midway – the first with the younger kids; and the second with Michael, Tim, Dawn, and Jillian so that they could have another blast of fun on the thrill rides.  We also caught two kid shows and part of the talent competition finale; and made a last run through some of the show pavilions that my cousins hadn’t gotten to visit yesterday.

All of the kids and teens needed to be at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for an early dinner before almost all of our guests were heading home.  I helped out with getting the younger kids there, but then Mom and Dad let me go and help out at the Inn since they were going to be having a very busy buffet – especially the last one with many of the festival volunteers doing the annual celebration dinner.  It took me a while to get through my goodbye hugs and kisses, and then Rowen and I had a little chat on her front porch before I hurried on to the Inn; but I was still there in time to help out with getting the first wave of food ready and out for the early buffet.

While I missed out on the tail end of the family time, they were really having a fast meal and then running around to get packed up, the vehicles loaded, and on the road so they wouldn’t be travelling too late on a school night; so I didn’t really miss all that much.  I don’t expect to see them tomorrow, but Uncle Blaine and Grandpa Duncan are staying another night while Grandma Mercy went home with Aunt Alison and the kids.  The guys are staying so that Uncle Blaine can take advantage of the trip to have some meetings with Aunt Grace and the construction company owners and managers.  There haven’t been any problems for his end of the jobs that couldn’t be handled on conference calls or by phone and email; but the in-person touch does help keep everything running smoothly.  I’m sure that Grandpa and Aunt Grace have been enjoying the extra time with their brothers too.

Both of the buffet sittings were full at the Inn, but the second was much rowdier with the festival volunteers all ready to celebrate the end of another successful festival.  This year was particularly good because of the warm, mostly sunny weather; and what bit of rain we got this weekend came after the park was closed for the night.  While we were really busy in the kitchen, I had a lot of fun working with Rebecca and Michael.  Rebecca had time to tell me all about the time she’d spent with Jason Johnson, and while she mostly had fun; it wasn’t exactly a perfect weekend.  As I’ve already mentioned, she does like Jason, but she wasn’t happy with Jenny when she made excuses to go off with Garth and leave Rebecca alone with Jason.  He’s trying to move along faster than she wants to go too; so that’ll be a problem if he doesn’t back off.  If that wasn’t enough for her, there was also a fairly awkward moment for her when she was trying to keep some distance between herself and Jason while in line for a ride last night only to have that scene complicated when Chris, Martin, and Jonathan got in line not far behind them.

The extremely weird part of that moment didn’t even click for her until the two boys exchanged greetings that showed they obviously knew each other.  Jonathan and Jason are distant cousins.  I certainly hadn’t thought about the fact that her first boyfriend and potentially her next one are related, but once she mentioned it; I could immediately recognize the similarities the two boys share.  Rebecca hasn’t figured out how she feels about that, but I’m sure that she won’t let the cousin connection alone influence whether she gets more involved with Jason or not.

Rebecca, Michael, and I stayed at the Inn until the clean-up was getting close to being finished; and then Miranda sent us home.  I went with Michael and Rebecca to their house, and while Rebecca went upstairs to have a hot bath; Michael and I cuddled on the sofa and didn’t really watch the Sunday night football game until Miranda and Jacob got home.  I’d like to say that we spent that alone time making out, but I really was ready to fall asleep; and we only shared a few soft, sweet kisses while I happily dozed along in half-consciousness.  I came back to life when Michael’s parents got back, but as our conversation drifted along; I started to doze again – and that’s when Miranda sent me home.

Michael saw me off with another front porch goodnight kiss and hug; and then watched me walk home before going inside again.  While I could have gone to sleep then, Mom and Dad were working in the office; and Mom wanted to do a Magi lesson with me before we all went to bed for the night.  We did a Healing lesson; Dad finished getting what he needed to have done for his work in Crystal Springs on Monday; and then I went upstairs ahead of them while he packed his cases and Mom did a last bit of work in the kitchen.

The Magi lesson had woken me up, so I multi-tasked my studies with some Jacuzzi time; climbed into bed with Mandy by shortly before midnight; and continued with my studying and some family business work for another two hours before moving on to my nightly computer checks and this journal update.  That isn’t going to give me time for much rest before we’ll be up again to see Dad off on his way to the city; but I need to work when I can – especially since Mom and I will be busier than usual this week with Dad away and Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam needing help with Zack.

Whatever happens, I’m sure we’re going to be in for a very interesting week – even if it might not seem to be exciting compared to the last three days.  For now, though, I really do need to get some sleep, so I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!